Prettier during high-school?

Sooo I was just wondering... did you get prettier or handsomer during high school? If so, around what age and grade? I'm 14 now, almost 15 in a couple months, and I feel like im still super ugly. So what about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are still growing into your body. Where I am much older than you... I do have a daughter about your age. In the last few years I have watched her go through the "chubby" stage and lose confidence in herself. She has now gotten past that and growing into herself a lot more. She was able to find the things she was uncomfortable with about herself and change them.

I can promise you that you are not super ugly and that this time in a girls life if difficult. Confidence is difficult during middle/high school. New make-up, new hair style... even a new outfit can really have an affect on the way you feel about yourself. But don't for one minute longer think you are ugly sweetheart.

• Thank you so so much!! Your comment was very helpful and I'm happy you shared you opinion. It helped sooo much. (: Thank you again.

• Glad I could help :)

What Guys Said 6

• actually i'm prettier now than how i was in school... back then i was an ugly fat boy... i've torn all my pics from then... the looks of my "ex" self made me puke.

• You'll get prettier.

• Omg I was a complete nerd in preschool (if that's what it's called in America) but it completely flipped.

• If your like me you'll look better the older you get. I was ugly back in junior high and high school. After high school as I got older people started to tell that I age well and got handsome. Don't worry you got years ahead of you.

• My appearance changed the most from 7th to 8th grade (over the summer everyone was shocked) so I think that 12 to 13? But I wouldn't worry. Everyone has different times.

• no if your ugly you tend to stay ugly all of your teen years

What Girls Said 6

• My looks progressed a lot from middle to high school. And now that I'm in college, I think I look MUCH better than I did in high school. I think some people just have to grow into their looks. As you get older and mature, it has an effect on your appeaeance. That certainly doesn't mean you're 'ugly' now though so I hope you don't truly think that about yourself.

• It came slowly. It took until about 23/24 to be a good-looking adult. I decided long ago that is much better than peaking in high school. That is proven everytime I see one of the people that looked they were in their twenties in high school. They now look like they are 40 when we're only 26:)
    At 14, you don't look like a real person yet. You've got a lot of years of development left even though you may look in the mirror and see a mature look. The fun part will be 10 years from now when you look at people your age and in high school and realize how child-like and weird they still look.

• I did at that age too. It gets better!

• You're still growing, it gets to you slowly -.- hahha

• I was never the pretty girl in high school but around age 17 I started wearing make up, got a decent haircut, started straightening my hair, plucked my eyebrows and that's when guys started noticing me. It really doesn't take that much effort. once you practice. After high school I wore better clothes and around age 18 is when I became hotter. I'm 30 now and most of the people who were hot in high school are no longer hot and I am which is funny since I never was back then.

• I think it depends but most people do get better looking as they get older. I'm sure you're pretty now and you'll only get prettier.

I was very ugly from age 12. A lot of people tell me I am a lot better looking than I used to be. I've even been called beautiful but I don't see it. This has only been happening the last few years. I was still called when I was in my early 20s. I'm 28 now. People started to call me pretty once I hit about 26/27 but I don't buy it. I've heard a woman's prime is her early 20s.