Can you change your body type with exercise?

well i'm pear shaped. you know, huge thighs, big hips and ass, small waist and chest. Can i somehow get my thighs to be skinnier with exercise? and do any other kind of change? i dont like my body :(

Most Helpful Girl

• You can loose fat, yeah.
    But, your body will always distribute it there first.

What Guys Said 5

• You can change size but not shape. Pears will be pears and rulers will be rulers

• I guess body shape cannot change since it has to do with genetics :-/

• Yes, but you will need to eat at a calorie deficit, eat less calories than you burn a day. Exercise will obviously speed up this process, do lower body exercises like squats to firm the area and to minimize potential loose skin and stretch marks caused by the weight loss.

• Body shape nope
    body size sure.

• Absolutely! And not only that, but eating right is the most important!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you can change the way your body distributes fat but you can change the amount of fat you have on your body and the amount of muscle as well. Also you are growing so you might change naturally without exercise or diet. Unless you are obese or significantly overweight I would not recommend exercising when you are a teenager.

• i weight 119 and im 5 foot 1, why not?

• ebff.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SS-582.jpg, These women all look the same shape don't they, they didn't all have the same shape to begin with. Now you may think they look too extreme and unattractive, but the point is, yes! you can change your body type through exercise.

• http://ebff.es/?p=3467 try this link, if the other one isn't working, if they have a different body shape it is because they where in a different category for a show