Who's that dumb?

Anyone else think it's stupid how everyone only takes Hollywood's view of beauty as the only way the world is supposed to see beauty?

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont believe 'everyone' takes Hollywod's view of beauty as the definition of beauty. it's merely a majority. there are still plenty of people who refuse to follow the crowd and simply love being different, because different is also sexy.

What Guys Said 8

• Not everybody does. Hollywood is an incredibly vain culture that serves as the beacon of fashion, and its a human tendency to meet or exceed the values that our peers choose to adopt. Although this is a bit cynical way of putting it, the Hollywood standard of beauty is a cancer. The cancer feeds and grows off of the young, impressionable generation.

As we grow up and get real jobs and become more deeply rooted in practical circumstances, our peers change. So does our style. Hollywood isn't the villain, it's just a catalyst for a very human mentality.

That doesn't make people who like it "stupid" necessarily. Few people are strong enough to willingly deviate from society's standards.

• Thank you I just want everyone's view of this subject

• It was kind of a loaded question but alright. Hopefully you got what you needed. :)

• It's only natural for people to follow the most glamorous people. There are some people in Hollywood who don't follow the rules. Jennifer Lawrence is one of them. However, there is a general consensus to what is attractive and what is not attractive physically; beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, generally. There are always exceptions to the rule, but it's not as common as you think.

• I agree 100%

hollywood = fake

• Ehh Hollywood really just a waste of time now a days, talented actors forced to star in reproductions of already created movies.

• I take my own way never Hollywoods way

• isn´t it stupid to assume everyone is like this? :P

• I`m uninfluenced by Hollywood's glam

• Yep, I agree.

People play the game of "follow the crowd" but then get mad at the game. Like basically, they think their only options are A or B, with C being the "edgy" option.

But what they don't realize in their simple world view's is that they don't have to do any of these, because they could follow option 'Pineapple' instead. Ignore the game, and you won't have to worry about it. Now if only people would learn this...

What Girls Said 3