Would you look down on a girl wearing sweatpants at a high class resturaunt?

Well quick story I was at the gym in my gray sweatpants and black crop top. High ponytail, black nikes. Well then my parents called me on the phone and told me to wrap it up because they were on there way. So I just grabbed my bag and got into the car. So then we ended up going to this resturaunt to celebrate my brothers job emplyment. Nobody said a thing about what I was wearing, but I did get a few looks. So how bad is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• who cares?

"high class restaurants" are the shittiest place ever... they price food way much higher than its regular price.

dress however you want and if some f** who works there tells you that your clothing isn't "suitable" for such a "place"... you can tell him to fuck off

What Guys Said 9

• There are lots of restaurants that I would not think it bad at all, but you did say high class restaurant. Those are often expensive due to the ambiance as well as the food. Showing up as you did was not appropriate. I understand the way it happened, but there should have been some communication between you and your parents so that you were dressed appropriately or that you went to a restaurant where it did not matter. I would suggest this is past, don't worry about it, but in the future try to know where you are going and dress appropriately.

• Let them look. Who cares, they can judge all they want but you're still in and you're still being served so their opinions dont mean a thing

• I think many people jump to conclusions about things without actually knowing the reason for it. If you didn't have time to dress "appropriately" then all that should matter is that you were there supporting your brother. You made the effort - that's all that matters.

• I would not give a single fuck. You can wear whatever you want to.

• I would find it unusual but not care because I got nothing to do with her.

• I wouldn't look down at here but be surprised, I never saw a girl before going to a high class restaurant before

• OMG!!!

Faux. Pas.

Your life is over.

• Did you like the food?

• Well i dont think is bad maybe people just were looking at your butt a lot of people go in sweatpants to restaurants!

What Girls Said 1

• Bring on the downvotes, but yes I would. I think people don't show enough respect for certain situations. I blame your parents more than you though. But people there were probably trying to have a special dinner. Maybe some of them even saved up money to go. And then to have someone come in wearing gym clothes just makes light of it, like it isn't that special.