Am I a good weight?

I'm 5'5 and 112 lbs. I gained a little recently. Is this too much or should I lose some weight?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good

What Guys Said 7

• At 5'5, that should be the recommended weight. Of course, height and weight aren't the only factors. I would need to know muscle mass and frame size as well. You sound just fine though.

Do you have a photo of yourself?

• you're skinny in my opinion :-/

• You're alright. Maybe gain like 5 pounds just to avoid going underweight.

• you sound skinny! thats great!
    i think you are fine dont lose any!

• Just keep your body fat percentage above 20 percent and below 30 percent, those percentages are healthy for women but not for men. And gain about ten pounds of a combination of fat and muscle.

• Your weight doesn't match your height, mostly like 120 odd lbs is good for your height

• Pretty good. You're okay.

What Girls Said 7

• You're fine. You're quite thin for your height.

If you're concerned with how you look then you may want to look into strength building exercises as opposed to weight loss exercises. 112 for your height is on the low end - quite light.

If you wish to "be in better shape" however, you might want to try weight lifting/abdominal exercises. Toning your body does not have to involve weight loss and it will make you appear much slimmer and more fit without dipping into unhealthy weight numbers.

But 112 is perfectly acceptable.

• Toning will more likely cause weight gain, but certainly not the bad kind!

I'm fairly thin naturally and when I am working out regularly I weigh about 7 lbs more than when I'm not.

• Yeah, it will. It'll make her look thinner and more toned, but muscle does add weight lol

• That is a wonderful weight for your height! That is skinny :)

• Do what makes you feel good, unless your doctor, who should be the only one telling you to lose or gain weight unless your extremely obese, tells you differently. Sounds like your built well

• Weight doesn't matter. How it looks on a person does. Personally Im into a heavier look like 120-136. Then again I'm not looking to date you either.

• It's fine. I'm smaller than you and weigh a bit more and I'm considered average weight.

• If anything, you should gain.

• You would be too skinny if u lost any