What do you think of when you see a woman with hairy legs and armpits?

I just wonder if girls shave to fit the stereotypical "feminine" look. If a man can have hairy legs and be considered "normal," then so should a female. I want to live in a world where people are allowed to look human, man or woman, that anything naturally occurring could be accepted as just that. I wish it was more of a personal choice like most things are and not something a woman is "supposed" to do to fit their assigned gender expectations.

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont care

What Guys Said 22

• I would think that woman was either French or single.

• French, funny, I get it, but single? why? I would think the opposite. Wouldn't a woman trying to attract a man want to look the most primped and then once in a relationship, let it go long?

• No, because the man wouldn't want to have sex with her if she was hairy.

• I can tell you for a fact that is not true.

• Well looks like she has given up.

It's like someone walking with a biohazard on the top of their head or smelling of piss cos that's NATURAL.

Nature is stupid. It's not a drive towards the optimal , its a drive towards the minimal.

• No, we are talking about a very clean female. Very good hygiene, but doesn't shave legs or armpits. Please stay on topic, thanks!

• @JackKerouac77
      I don't know man... in nature we shit on the floor and walk away with shit between our buttcheeks.
      I'm not so sure I'm ready to abandon civilization just yet lol

• But the leaves give us toilet paper! Nature provides for all if you can manage!

• I don't really think anything because I don't even notice as I honestly don't care at all...

• WHAT A NATURAL LADY!

Unencumbered by society's detrimental influence.

• Smooth skin is just one attribute that attests to women's beauty. Guys should be well kempt as well. I have plenty of female friends that don't shave, its great, I'll hang out with them like a bro, no worries.. But if I'm kissing up and down a girls leg, I want it to be so smooth it feels like my lips are on a marble statue..

• Marble statue? have you kissed a marble statue? Do you know what that feels like? LOL Marble is very smooth.
      Shaving doesn't need to happen to have smooth skin. Getting lots of sleep, exfoliating, drinking lots of water and moisturizing make skin smooth.

• Perhaps you should rub your lips up and down a hairy leg and then a freshly shaved leg and compare the experiences...

• ughhhh sorrry but i wouldn't like them :-/

• Alright I understand that you want to fight conformity. But I wouldn't want to be with a woman as hairy as I am. Smooth soft skin replaces with long curly leg hair? Gross! Also lon hairy armpits? I'll pass!. And if you mentioned leg and armpits, then obviously you're pro-70s muff.
    Double gross, instant boner killer.

• What exactly is so gross about it? There is hair there regardless and shaving actually makes microscopic cuts in the skin. Is that really sexy? What about stubble? Does that really feel better than soft hair?

• I even groom, of course I'm not saying women need to be all hardwood floors either. Ok, are we talking about bikini area or armpits and legs?

• We are talking about armpits and legs.

• I honestly don't care, my younger self would care but as I got older I realized that society has put things in place that is the norm... seriously why do females have to be clean shaven? Whats the point besides to cater to men... it'll suck if I had to shave my legs pits F that junk

• By that logic we shouldn't brush our teeth or wash our faces or even take showers. Women shave because the current norm says it's unattractive. I personally think hairy women look gross, sorry for any feminists out there.

• Then you're legs are disgusting and filthy because you don't shave them. Hair can be clean or dirty, so can shaved skin. This has nothing to do with brushing teeth or washing. That is hygiene/cleanliness and we are discussing hair length/grooming. Thank you, and please stay on topic.

• Grease and oils do. In any case, you're just a mad feminist so this is my last reply, bye bye.

• yeah, natural oils make your skin healthy and soft. You're mad because you can't wrap your mind around a simple concept.

• Oh... She don't cares about her hairs... :/

• A little gross. I don't like being hairy either. Apparently is socially acceptable for guys to not be shaven, whatever, I'd prefer keeping my body hair maintained. A little might be fine on a girl, but I'm just really not into hairy at this point in my life. :P

• There are some things which are for boys not for girls, its jus like a boy saying that if girls can use lipstic then why i shouldn't?
    Soo if i look a girk with hair on body it wilk be like yaaakkkkkkk :3 So if you want that boys are attracted towards you then shave hairs nd you would look hot ;)

• Lipstick is not the same as not shaving. Body hair is something natural, it isn't a boy's thing. Girls have hair and it's just hair, nothing wrong or disgusting about it.

• It is not "natural" to feel that way. Shaving did not exist until the last 200 years. Your culture has brain washed you into expecting women to be hairless.
      Clearly English is not your first language. If you want to interact internationally, maybe you should open your mind, at least a little bit and stop wasting time making irrelevant comparisons.

• WTF! okk dont shave nd grow a jungle on your body

• Gnarly like molded bread

• Did you know that penicillin comes from mold? When is the last time you took antibiotics? you then took a dose of a hairy chick if your theory is correct. yum!

• I think she can do whatever she wants but that is also not very sexually appealing.

• My girlfriend is hairy in those places and I love it.

• I'd think she was masculine. Not attractive.

• Whatever a girl do is good and even if they have hair at armpits they NVR smell bad as men and I would. Love to smell it

• I think they're white because us Asians are usually not so hairy.

• disgusting

• unusual and strange

• I get the whole "equality" thing but there are some things that will always be different between men and women, and body hair is one of then. Body hair is unfeminine, period. I could never have sex with a woman with hairy legs. It's just nasty.

If you're all about gender stuff, find yourself a cause you can change, because this ain't one of 'em.

• You sir, are very wrong ;) but thanks for your opinion! Thankfully the older generation are dying off slowly and all the old antiquated belief systems are dying with them. Much love!

• You can't speak for all men, but thanks for trying!

• Nope, I can't speak for all men. And I know there are some men who don't mind hairy women. There are some men who win the lottery too.

• "If a man can have hairy legs and be considered "normal," then so should a female."

What do I think of? I think of a "woman" who thinks like you do in the above quote. And then I turn and run the other direction and never look back.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that she rocks , and that she must be a feminist.
    GOOOO FEMINISTS

• I personally think it would be fine to not shave, but it is more feminine to shave in my opinion. But you need to stop arguing with people because of how they answered your question. You asked what they thought of girls with hairy legs and armpits. They answered. Then you proceeded to tell them how wrong they were because they thought it was unattractive to have hairy legs. I'm not saying that you can't have your opinions, but please respect everyone else's opinions. There is really no right or wrong answer to your question, because you asked what people thought of hairy girls. Therefore their answer would have to be an opinion. So don't tell people how wrong their answer is, or how their society has brainwashed them into thinking that way.

• I hate myself for saying this because I do believe people should be able to do whatever they feel comfortable doing with their body/body hair, but the first thought that comes to mind is "ew". I guess it's just what I've been conditioned to think >.<

• It's just America. Isn't it true that in Europe the woman don't shave at all and hair is a sign of beauty or something? lol