I'm 5'8, am I tall?

Am I tall for a girl? I mean I turn 14 on Monday. I personally think it's better for me being tall since I'm going to play on my provincial basketball team. But you know just a question am I tall for a girl? (Btw, provincial basketball team is basically like the state basketball team except I live in Canada so we call it provinces instead of states.)

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'8 is tall for a girl sure... but not ridiculously tall

What Guys Said 12

• You are above average for a 14 year-old girl but that doesn't mean anything bad. And hey, being on the taller side is great for basketball.

• Yes be proud great height

• Yes you are. You will become even taller.

• I haven't grown since 5th grade haha. I check everyday when I wake up.

• It seems average for a girl, I guess tall? I'm 6'4 so all girls generally seem short af.

• Well you're normal height, now if you're like 6 foot or something, that'd be pretty tall. But I'd say you're just normal height.

• Yes... you are a bit tall... but there are taller guys so dont worry, you will get your honey! Lol

• Lmfao, I already have a boyfriend. I've been dating him for about 7 months. But we're not looking at sex for a while. .-.

• I though you were insecure or shit... lol!

• Yeah. You are taller than I am.

:/

• Your just a little above average

• Perfecct for me :)

• 5'8 is tall for a girl, but being tall is definitely not a bad thing.

• Yeah, you're hugeeeee

• You're a bit over the average, but nowhere near being too tall. 5'8 - 5'9 is such a perfect height for a girl - tall enough to be have long legs, be all elegant and be able to turn heads, yet shorter than most guys. You are lucky.

What Girls Said 8

• technically yes you're tall for a girl. but that's great for basketball so good for you! :) it's also great in general don't let anyone ever make you feel bad about being tall!

• Im the same height and everyone says Im tall. But i dont think its that tall. you're just a bit taller than average. Its a nice height :)

• 5'5 and 1/2 is pretty average, so your somewhat tall. I myself want to grow into 6' but I am sixteen, 5'8 or 5'9 and dint see that happening. But yes, your a little tall, great thing for b-ball

• You're pretty tall. I'm 19 and your 4 inches taller than me.

• Above average, for sure. It's great for reaching for the top shelves at the supermarket.

• I would say your on the tall side, but no not too tall.

• For a 14 year old girl then yes you are very very tall

• It all depends on when you started your period tbh. My one friend is one of the tallest girls in the grade but she started hers when she was about ten or early eleven. You usually stop growing around two years after you start it. Anyways maybe that is a little tall for your age, but don't worry. And I'm not going to start with that whole "guys love tall girls" crap because people don't really get that our opinions don't really change based on what guys like ;) but anyways I think maybe you're just a little tall depending on when you hit puberty but just embrace it and love yourself

• I started my period at 10

• Nguyen you're proba not going to grow much more so I'd say you're fine. Normal height, maybe a little taller than the rest, but you're not a giant freak or anything. Maybe for now but your peers will grow into it :)