Wearing makeup to cover acne?

I wear makeup to cover my acne and it looks almost completely gone. But I'm told wearing makeup is ugly and so is acne, so I'm stuck and I'm so insecure from it. Guys would you find this unattractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be careful with what makeup you use.
    Don't just use powder.
    Use a. concealer pen, preferably one that has the green side to cancel out the red from the acne, then a cover up.
    Powder can cake and look bad. Staying liquid is the way.
    Also, make sure to take it alllll off at night and exfoliate.. Let it breath, it'll be happier

• I do do that but if I don't use powder it makes my face look like I just poured oil all over me

• Ask about acuntane.
      I was on it. It's a miracle worker for cystic acne, scars and oil

• Ok I will

What Guys Said 5

• Wearing make up is not "ugly." Some guys prefer that women not wear it... But it doesn't mean you shouldn't or that you are ugly with it.

What many guys find is that many girls look just fine without making up, they just don't realize it. OR they put on too much makeup.

That said, you do what you feel best in...

• Wearing makeup is not ugly, but we prefer the no-makeup look. Wearing makeup to cover acne is not bad, but if it really changes how you look, then it's not very good, because no guy wants to be with one girl, and wake up with a totally different looking girl.

• I'm taking something next year that should get rid of my acne but I can only take it next year because I'm not old of enough for it yet so after that I'll stop wearing makeup

• i'd suggest you to embrace your acne better... make-up isn't a good option in my opinion :-)

• I never felt acne made someone looked any less attractive.

• Acne is no big deal, one of the cutest girls I've ever known had it with decent severity.

What Girls Said 5

• Wear makeup if you want to. If that's what makes you feel confident and beautiful then do it. Who cares what some guys think? It's your face.

• Too much makeup can ruin your face. Maybe use a concealer or just ignore the people. I had a guy in my class who had acne but he was confident and had many friends. Try and be happy with yourself and you'll find it doesn't matter what people think of you

• A lot of people don't like acne. I wear makeup to cover my scars (I have a lot and men have told me it's distracting). It's no big deal.

I use revlon colorstay for oily/combo skin and it has pretty good coverage. You can also use a good concealer. I have yet to find a good concealer that's in my budget.

• I had bad acne and I found that a bb cream, high coverage concealer and a pressed powder works a treat. Wearing makeup doesn't make you ugly. If you're worried about people judging you for your makeup some mascara and some lipbalm with whatever it takes to cover your acne should be fine.

• Makeup makes your acne worse.

• No my makeup is recommended by dermatologists and was made by dermatologists so it was made to not effect my acne and actually helps my acne go away

• I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars every year for my acne to screw it up with makeup