How to tell my friend nicely I don't like her hair?

I was out at the store yesterday with my boyfriend we were shopping and I ran into one of my best friends. I didn't know it was her at first, because she got a new hairstyle. My friend is a (unique) person, and she is always trying new things. When I bumped into my friend I had to cover my mouth, because I seriously thought something was eating her hair. she had her hair gelled on top of her head it was sticking up like three antennas. And thended around her head she had her hair frizzed with three different colors like blue gold and red. It was so hard for me not to laugh at her. Then she asked me if I liked it. OMG... I had to make my. boyfriend leave because he kept laughing. I told her the nicest thing I could think of "It looks different" she looked at me and smiled and said "thanks I value your opinio, because you know how to look good." And left. Now I am feeling bad for lying to her, and I don't want her going around the city looking like that. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well what would you honestly think if you really wanted a new hairstyle, and you got that hairstyle, and then your friend told you to change it because SHE doesn't like it. Would you change it? Or would you be thinking "No, we obviously have different taste."
    I'm sure you'd do the second one. Yes, I get that her style is out of the norm.
    But your opinion isn't EVERYONE'S opinion. You are not the voice of the general public. I'm sure she had another friend say they truly like it and mean it. It's not your place to tell her to change something so that it makes YOU feel comfortable.
    If you want to say anything, say "I wouldn't have to guts to do that hairstyle but I like how you're so unique and always trying new stuff. Work it girl." In your own words of course.. lol

What Guys Said 1

• you don't have to tell... let her hae whatever hairstyle she wants :-)

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest the only important thing is that she likes it. But if it really bothers you, either be upfront with your feelings on her hair or suggest something else she could do with it that might look better

• Be blunt...

• But why do you need to say anything? As long as she likes it and feels good, what's the harm