Is being called "cute" bad?

All the time I'm called "cute". And I feel like it's a better way in saying ugly... Why am I called cute alllllllll the time. By my friends and guys and even people that don't even know me! They've never met me before and they'll say I'm cute! What does it mean?

I don't mean cute is ugly exactly but that why don't they just say 'pretty'

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute = Attractive
    When refered to women, cute means attractive and posses small, feminie features. A cute girl is one that looks innocent and sweet. A cute personality means she is bubbly and energetic/quirky.

Believe it or not, Sports Illustrated swimsuit models are NOT what men want their girlfriends to look like, rather, they want them to be cute. Here's an example of a girl that looks cute:
    farm8.staticflickr.com/.../...626_3c8b56967c_h.jpg

It is very much a good thing and if total strangers say you're cute that means it's a genuine thing. I've noticed that cute girls are typically the ones that hate being called cute, for whatever reason.

• Definitely fits the profile of cute and yeah I'd date her if I could bare her personality.

• True gospel right here. Is dudes want cute girls with great personality not sexy models.

• So true, I'd prefer this girl over someone "hot" that just bored me.

What Guys Said 13

• To me cute means beauty that is approachable. Gorgeous implies attractive but unapproachable and somewhat "porcelain" if that makes sense.

So yeah, cute is very desirable.

• I'd rather have a girlfriend that is cute rather than sexy, or quiet rather than sexy. There is different types, I mean I'm only 15 so it's not like I'm gonna give relationship advice because I don't want a relationship and probably can't get one, but there is this girl at school who is very quiet and keeps to herself. She's tall, blonde, and always very covered up (Clothes-wise) I wouldn't say she was cute. I don't know her, never have talked to her, or even know her name, so I can't tell what she is like, but being a very quiet, I'd say "dark" guy, I like that more than a jittery cute girl to be honest, but again that's just me and because I'm dark and isolated.

• cute isn't bad... t's a compliment.

• I think "cute" is GOOD! "Cute" is very, very attractive.

• Yes "cute" girls can be attractive and can be girlfriend material

• Cute means you are both attractive AND desirable.

• It's only bad she. Your a guy and short and people call you cute, then inform you how your like a little teddy bear... mind you, that only guys say this, not girls e. e

• Cute is like adorable. It means a girl is attractive but not in a sexual way. It also says her personality is nice and friendly.

• No, it's not bad. Why would it be bad? Isn't cute a good term?

• Not cute isn't anything bad it means beauty.

• Nooo, cute is GOOD!

• That's weird, when I use the word cute is always a compliment and opposite from ugly.

• Being called "cute" is leagues better than being called "hot." A woman who is "hot" is being regarded solely as a sex object. If someone says you're "cute," they're saying they find both your appearance and your demeanor attractive.

What Girls Said 10

• Cute is not bad lol. I wouldn't mind if people called me cute all day long! It has a connotation of lovable to it.

• They call me cute. Just accept it, you're cute!

• It must mean your pretty darn cute lol..

• It is good. It means you have innocent side beside your beauty. You shouldn't worry. It is a nice compliment.

• in my opinion cute or beautiful is a way better compliment of sexy or hot. To me, it means a guy sees you as dating material and as a human being with personality. I've been both (cute and hot) and being hot isn't all it's whacked up to be when you are only seen as a sex symbol. I always try to be more modest and look more cute because I want a guy who respects me.

• i hate being called cute. Cute is something you say to a puppy or a new dress. When someone calls me cute it makes me feel terrible about myself lol

• There's two ways of saying cute
    1. A person is attractive. Maybe not the sexiest, but still attractive.
    2. Cute as in adorable. Like puppies and kittens
    Never has anyone used the word cute to call someone ugly. It's a compliment

• I agree. When someone calls you cute is a way to not call you pretty, if they do not think you are actually pretty.

• I believe you have cute confused with ugly two different meanings entirely.

• No what I meant is that if someone thinks you're pretty there's no reason not to call you pretty. Lots of girls would agree there's just something off when someone says you're cute, it makes me feel all self concious

• Cute isn't bad at all. Whenever anyone calls me cute I think of a panda, and who doesn't like pandas? Being called cute us better than being called hot or sexy. Hot = I'd have sex with you. Cute = I'd date you.

• Yup its the hidden method of calling you ugly