Is anaface (site that tells you mathematically how attractive you are) right?

Do you think is this right?
http://i.imgur.com/lxur3Ap.png
thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• That thing measures the distances and ratios of the facial features. It follows the 'golden ratio' and that's the only basis but it's not that accurate because it depends on quality of the picture etc etc.

What Girls Said 5

• There is reportedly science behind this based on symmetry and ratios. There were experiments done with groups, and those perceived "beautiful" were those whose faces matched the "ideal" proportions the closest. This is why models make it big, they have the bone structure that is "ideal.". It is also why some people skate around attractive without quite hitting it; something about their face is proportionately " off". Seriously, Google it :)

All said, I still rely on my own eyes to choose attractive or not, and personal bias plays into my perceptions of attractive.

• so what do you think?

• The site isn't too far off where I would rate you at all. I'd give you about an 8. You have nice features.

• There is a difference between beauty and appearance. Beauty is when you have a symmetrical face, pretty hair etc. Appearance is if you look like a nice person and smile a lot. A person with a lot of beauty, but hasn't got a good appearance, because he looks sad/insecure/cranky, is still not pretty. However, someone wih a lot of beauty has to do less effort to look beautiful. Your insecurity brings down your appearance. You should fix that instead of asking rate me questions.

(Btwother gagers, should I make a take on this? I can't really find the right words to use. In Dutch we say "schoonheid" and "uitstraling", but it seems like there's not a real translation for uitstraling.)

• There is science behind that website. It uses the golden ratio to determine how "beautiful" you look. So it measure the distances between your features and their proportions to each other. It's an okay site I guess. It basically tells you how symmetrical your face is as well. It's reliable to an extent I guess. According to that website I'm unattractive but oh well :P gotta work with what we were born with right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmNqtcsc4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOYHtgHP4Q

• you want to rely on a site to tell you if you are attractive or not? why not just download the hot or not app?

• No I don't think that is correct at all. You can easily be mathematically beautiful, but not very good looking in real life - and vise versa

What Guys Said 6

• Some of the most attractive people I've known have faces that aren't symmetrical and wouldn't score high on any mathematical model. But somehow, they're still so darn cute! It's their hair, their personality..

• So people will actually use a site like tthat to tell them how cute/ugly they are? LOL FACEPALM and I've lost all hope for humanity

Nope I don't

• So what do you rate me?

• I am not home mate

• OH I know NOR was I calling you Homo

but in this case it just felt so odd I don't know how to explain it man

• BS

this site is just a random site in my opinion..."mathematically attrative" dosn't exist

• The numbers mean nothing but if you take it as a relative thing, it does seem to show you your flaws, according to facial aesthetics theory. I played around with it and put in some really strange monster faces, and some got a 7-8. I put in some attractive faces and I would say as a general rule, people that might be considered "hot" by most people are ones that are above 9 on this test.

But hey at least you are more attractive than I am.
    http://i.imgur.com/gYbST3J.png

• Is this just a really jazzed up way for you wanting us to rate you?

• I don't believe in this shit!!!