Braces and boys?

I just got braces today. They look reallyy bad on me. Without them, I am averagely pretty looking. But the braces take away a lot of pretty. Do guys care if braces look bad on a girl, if he already generally likes her personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, i never found braces to be something un-attractive as it's something out of your control. You're investing in your smile later and you were born with straight teeth. To me? it's not even close to a deal breaker.

Now a tattoo across your forehead? That's not a circumstantial decision... this is a deal breaker.

What Guys Said 4

• You're braces are temporary. If the guys you like can't see through it, it's their loss.

• personally i don't like braces... sorry :-(

• I don't really care.

• If he likes your personally then PFF, who cares. If he leaves for that reason he was just lying.

What Girls Said 4

• Good guys know that one day those braces will come off and your teeth will be dazzling! I wore braces too, and when I was finished with them my teeth were perfectly straight!

• Ah yeah. I'm 19, just recently got mine off.
    I got them at 18. That sucked. Being a college kid with braces.
    (I had to wait til so late because I had surgery too)
    But if you keep them clean they won't deter people.
    They're just a pain.
    But worth it

• And I should add, the guy I'm now engaged to never had an issue with them.

• i got my braces last year, and i was also a little bit down about it at first
    but actually, braces make me looks a lot younger in my age, and definitely cuter than my previous look (people around me said this)
    so, no need to feel ugly, it's just temporary
    beauty is pain~ ;)

• Hi!
    Everyone is ugly in middle school. It's impossible to look pretty between the ages of 11-15.

Once you get them off, you will have straight, white teeth for your entire life. Every cocoon blossoms into a butterfly.

The hottest girl in my school (according to guys) had her braces on for 6 years. Once she got them off, and got contacts, she became drop dead gorgeous.

You just need to wait out the awkward years... it gets better.