How important are your looks to you?

My looks mean everything. I used to be awkward as hell and unattractive/fat even but I gave myself a major makeover. I care a lot about my looks. No I am not those girls who cannot leave the house without makeup. I seldomly wear makeup. But I do not ever want to get old it scares me actually so I will do everything to prevent that from happening to me. I am NOT narcissistic either I just take pride in my appearance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm kind of the opposite from you... Like once I got prettier, I felt comfortable and stopped stressing about IF I'm pretty enough for the guy as much.

I still get doubtful but not so much where I'll try to change myself for a guy

It's good you took care of yourself to where you're happy with your looks but I don't think you should put it on such a high pedestal because if you do you'll feel so low if you're having an off day like when it's that time of the month and you breakout like crazy.
    It's not like you've gonna turn back to your old self

What Guys Said 10

• One of the funniest things I learned while getting in shape is how people call others superficial for focusing on looks yet look at how tough it is to look alright without focusing on looking better.

My looks I do take pride in but I don't let them overtake my life really. But I do focus on looking good to feel better about myself.

• I care about my own looks about as much as I care about personal hygiene. Meaning I like to keep myself clean, tidy and presentable at all times, I usually dress casual but in a formal manner meaning shirt tucked in and wearing a belt or a more formal casual look.

As for how important looks are to me in dating I would say personality 65% looks 35% though personality will always rein supreme because what good are good looks if you don't even connect with someone but I also like my partner to be at least decent looking. But over all they aren't to big of a defining factor.

• I can't lie... my looks matter a lot.

I eat a balanced diet, I drink A LOT of water, I drink more tea than coffee, I rarely drink sugary drinks, and I don't eat fast food much. I mainly snack on fruits and veggies.

I try to do something every single day; I don't like the feeling of being sedentary anymore.

I do my best to dress well and not look like a bummy ass dude.

----

Overall I don't feel that I am too bad looking! :)

• I used to be insecure about my weight. Then i lost 50lbs. I'm also not very tall. But now i don't necessarily like my body, but its like eh, I'm fine with it. And I've been told that i have an extremely sexy face. I mostly got 8s from a poll on this site. It gave me quite the confidence boost. I haven't been stressing about it so much ever since.

• It's important to me; secretly, I'm somewhat of an attention whore. However, I believe how you look gives people a first impression. If you take how you look seriously, you project that you care. In my line of work, if I don't look professional, people will not take me seriously.

• Well, I like getting laid, so I'd say my looks are pretty important to me.

• they are tbh... since i pay for sex, i don't mind about personality much... i "pay" for the looks :-)

• I personally say 70% personality 30% looks is what I go for, if that makes sense.

• I think I'm ugly but I love my eyes and body

What Girls Said 11

• hmm. i like to pay attention to the way i look. sometimes i really wanna put in an effort, other times i really couldn't care less.
    staying fit is important to me, and i must admit that when i gain even a little bit of weight, it affects me a lot psychologically. i dont wanna b the best in comparison to any other girl. i wanna b the best in comparison to me.

i dont wear much makeup nor do i straighten my hair often. i like to make a subtle statement with what i wear and i appreciate it when someone recognises my style as a reflection of my personality.

• I'm extremely worried about my looks. Being fat and ugly is probably my worst fear. I'm a perfectionist and currently my life feels out of control so I definitely turn to my looks to cope. I will do anything and everything to look as perfect as the body I was given allows me to look. It's probably unhealthy as I am willing to take extremely desperate measures during times when this lack of control over my life persists for too long.

• I don't care too much about my looks but I try to exercise cause I know there is competition for the high quality guys.

• I have very low self esteem and often live a life not worthy of brushing my hair half the time. Maybe once a week I actually dress up just to get out of my funk. Looks are kinda important to me but again my self esteem kicks in and I lose interest in what the world may think. Even at work I dress kinda crappy.

• I need to be/feel clean and neat. I hate ocasional my blemishes. so, somewhat important, though I don't go crazy over it.

• I used to be so beautiful and so fit. My skin was flawless, my legs were long and I had an amazing body. And then, because of anorexia and bulimia, my body overreacted and my metabolism got slow. I gained weight because of binge eating disorder, my skin got really bad and now Im an ugly girl. :( I dont really know how to lose weight again but I should beat my sugar and binging addiction first.

• come on girl, do you really need to lose weight or to gain. Be who you are, trust and love yourself, no matter what. I was born fat :D after some years, when I grew up, I was skinny, I am still pretty skinny, but I don't even care that much, because I can see the real friends who like you no matter who you are. I like myself, I am not perfect, but I think you SHOULD love yourself too. ;) ...

*You're looking amazing on the profile picture -> smile more :) *

• My looks are pretty damn important to me. Call me vain, but I've gotten what I've wanted on occasion solely based on my looks. I'm getting older and I would like to keep my youthful look. It's not the be all end all but it's up there.

• pretty important.

• Looks really are everything. When you meet someone you judge them maybe 1/10th of a second based on how they carry themselves. So yeah quite a lot. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

• I dress professionally when I go to work, out of respect for my company's image. I get dolled up a bit when I am going to see my man, because I like to look good for him. And I stay in shape for my health... but other than fixing up my hair, which is fun for me, I am not all that concerned about my looks. Who I am is a lot more than just a pretty face. And there are much bigger concerns in the world than my appearance.

• Very important. Almost embarrassed to admit it but yes I really care!