Why do guys always prefer skinny girls over bigger girls?

I am not fat but i just wanted to know?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Attraction isn't a choice. This should be understood. We don't "choose" who or what we're attracted to. Just ask any gay person who struggled to understand themselves growing up.

Also, much of what we "tell" ourselves about what we "like" is just backwards rationalization. We instantly feel something then we waste time explaining to ourselves those feelings... often with good intentions but with bad logic.

For example... I might see a beautiful thin blonde across the room, and then my brain will backwards rationalize why I think she's hot... maybe because I like the way she wears her clothes, or because she has good fashion sense, or maybe because I'm drawn to curly long hair. Who knows? The reality might be that my body is drawn to healthy young women who keep fit and look like they would bear many children.

On a genetic level we're drawn to thinner people because their "thinness" implies health and personal power... unless they're overly thin... then we assume sickness and despair.

Because when someone has the power to eat clean and workout in a world full of junk food and easy couch surfing, being fit and healthy implies personal power and inner strength.

Or when someone is overly fat or overly thin it implies lack of esteem or maybe too much drugs, etc.

These assumptions are superficial because we usually only have to go on what we see... it takes time to get to really know someone, and in order to stay safe we need to make quick assumptions before opening up to strangers.

But there's hope because we can rewrite our initial assumptions when we get to know someone... this is why personality and heart will always win over superficial thinness or fatness.

:P

~ Robby

• nah

i prefer bigger than skinny girls they're hotter and they're more "grabable"

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• As women gain weight, they initially lay down some fat on hips and thighs. It's a feminine specific fertility sign and men find that attractive.

Beyond that, they start losing their body shape and hence no longer trigger sexually to men.

• It's not like it's a choice. I'm just wired that way, I prefer skinny a bit more than average, and average a lot more than fat. You cute break it down into an evolutionary biology explanation, but from an experiential standpoint all I can say is that it looks cuter when girls are smaller. They're easier to hug and carry...
    Because reasons and science.

• Skinny girls are smaller, cuter, and feel awesome when they're snuggled up against you (or spinning around on top of you).

I just don't find fat attractive. This does not make me a bad person.

• It kinda doesn't but i do know plenty of girls who are smart and funny and attractive and they have a big butt and over sized thighs... I mean bigger girls are beautiful the only let down is they may not be a confident.

• I take people on a case by case basis, as a generalized textual description and an actual real person are very different. However, my preference is for skinny, not fat.

• ... nah.

@Klaatu51 will disagree with you on that.

I personally don't find skinny girls attractive that often either.

• Contemporary perception of beauty.

• I prefer neither what I prefer is a healthy fit women.

• *Insert generalisation comment here*

• I prefer girl who are like a few pounds overweight personally, usually that's the perfect amount for her booty to jiggle, but not too obese that she looks gross.

• I don't like skinny girls and I don't like fat girls I like girls that are in between which means they have some meat on their bones

• More feminine, I guess? I don't know, that's just the way it is.

• Because. Get over it.

• it's just the way it is...

What Girls Said 3

• Well I'm skinny and my ex boyfriend cheated on me with his very large ex girlfriend. So I guess men won't always go for the skinny girls over the big girls.
    Aka stop generalizing.

• I don't think they do. Most of them prefer some meat on bones. Well everyone has different taste at the end.

• Not all guys do prefer skinny girls.
    I am a big girl and I have plenty of men ask me out.