Why do unattractive guys like me?

I am a freshman in high school and have noticed for a while now that only what most people consider to be "unattractive" guys like me. I am nice to everyone I am not one to make enemies and I absolutely hate drama. I can be quiet but when you get to know me I'm the comedic type of girl. I also have adhd. I have no scars on my face except from where I have been bitten by a dog under my lip. I Also usually go without make up I dislike it. I some what try to dress nice I'm not lazy about it. I am that girl who has a lot of friends but only a few best friends. I have had a boyfriend before but we were on again off again and ever since then only unattractive people like me. Why is this? Is it me? I also feel like I am leading people on but not on purpose. I am flirtatious but not too flirty just a fun type of flirty. There is also this guy that likes me how do I let him down easy I feel so bad about it! to see what I look like my Instagram isn't private its @life_is_serendipity6 or my profile pic but that's witth makeup. Thank you for reading this I know I typed a lot I'm just really flustered about this I just poured my feelings out all over this page lol. THANKS! Please respond!

• Am I pretty
  • Am I super ugly
  • I'm average
  • a attractive girl w/ a good personality

Most Helpful Guy

• judging by your pic you're pretty indeed.

and it's not bad thing to be picky by the way

• Thank you because some of these comments are hurtful and I'm a really sensitive person. I've even thought about deleting this post. All I wanted was advice because I'm flustered about it and I got hate. So thank you for your kind comment

• thanks for MHO! :-)

• No problem! You deserve it!

What Guys Said 18

• There is nothing you can do, when unattractive guy like you. Yes you may be an attractive girl, but it doesn't mean you are better than them. I am not saying you are better than them, it's the way you are coming across in your message.

We are all in the same boat as you, having people that are attracted to us, and we don't like them in that way. There is no way of letting someone down easy. All you do, is say sorry but I don't feel the same way. If they get hump over you not feeling the same way, it comes back to their own insecurities, or issues that they within themselves.

At end of the day, you owe nobody nothing, and nobody owes you nothing. Its your life, do you what you have to do for yourself. If there are guys you find attractive and like, then go and ask them out. Don't expect some handsome guy to come out and ask you out, cause you think you are attractive yourself, cause that handsome, might not feel the same about you.

Attractive women doesn't equal handsome man, thats visa versa. Attraction is not subjective. Men and women are not subjects.

• I just have a crappy self esteem I was wondering if it was me I'm not hating on anyone in my message I just wanted to know if it was just the fact that I'm ugly. I'm not looking for a Channing Tatum. I'm just looking for my equal.

• No I don't believe in all the must lose your virginity in high school! Lol but I don't even care about having a boyfriend right now to be honest I just want to live my life to the fullest but it would be nice to find an equal sometime in my life.

• At 14 you will be so lucky. I used to think like that, I used to be so sad, that I couldn't find anyone. But now I realized, all I have doing with my life, is wasting it, by thinking there is the right women for me out there. I am more happier, by doing things for myself, and what I can achieve. Thinking about a partner, is really a very small thing, if you look at the bigger picture.

• You are pretty and seemso like you have a good personality. As for the guys it may be because you are cool wither them that they think you are flirting with them on a level that is more then friends I know I thought that about one of my best friends but later I dropped it because I realized she's just nice and it wouldn't work out because I'm not her type. So to let them down you can talk to them explain that you don't see them that way and your just playfully flirting with them and you thought they understood the difference and most guys are blind to girls flirting with them and confuse being nice as flirting me for example I'm completely blind to girls flirting with me its so bad my ex actually a had to stop dropping me signs and pulled me to the side and asked me out I thought I was in trouble when she did that and only thought oh shit what did I do

• Most likely those guys are perfectly average and you're just very picky. That's okay, go only with whom you actually do find physically attractive.

• its like that with everyone.

• 1|0
  • Because attractive males are rare and can get almost any girl they want anyway.

Therefore average males and/or bottom feeders try as much luck as they can.

• That's all I want is an average guy

• In that case you have somewhat unrealistically high standards.
      I mean I also would like to see DD size stunningly beautiful women everywhere, but hey, this world ain't perfect :(

I can't really judge males since I find all of us ugly as fuck, but majority of girls I spoke with in my life consider majority of males to be average.

Besides, girls tend to grow up (and age in a negative sense for that matter as well, i. e. woman over 30 is close to expiration date, while male in his 30s is considered to be perfect) faster than guys and it's usually easier for them. Guys, due to their hormones, when they go through puberty get loads of pimples, some issues with skin and whatnot. Things that girls can usually cover with a makeup, that's why we don't really see them.

So since you're 14, I assume you are approached by guys who currently struggle with their puberty, therefore it also somewhat makes them look ugly. And your standards, of course.

• Yeah, probably lots of guys like you, But I guess the not-unattractive guys either don't know you enough, or are nervous, or something like that. So you can just go talk to them...

• you're pretty and cute.. I'm sure you will look great in future.. :)

• It happens. You'll get people who you don't find to be attractive liking you. And then the ones who your attracted to will be harder to get. It's just life

• Option B seems to fit. Therefore be happy with the ones you got.

• think you have answered ur own question, think u need to start lowering ur standards

• It's probably not true. Ugly guys are more bold about going for the girl because they literally have nothing to lose by embarrassing themselves.

• Are you really that sure that these boys want a sexual relationship from you and not just be friends?

• No they want a relationship they've told me. And I'm not talking sexual.

• Wlecome to life.

If you're attractive, you'll attract both attractive and "unattractive" people.

• Because your unattractive

• Sneaky way to ask if you're pretty or not.

• Wasn't trying to be sneaky

• The same reason the guys you like, don't like you back. Shallow

• As I've also said before I don't shut them out I'm kind to them and evey time that happenes they automatically gain feelings for me I just want friends! I'm not even interested in attractive guys just average. They always seem like better friends than boyfriends not tying to be shallow

• No dip Sherlock

• And I am also saying you're shallow for calling a teen who is feeling insecure about herself which is why she's asking people if she's ugly or not shallow. And you are in your late 20's get a life and give an opinion that actually matters to someone.

• you are pretty average so yes those are the guys you should be dating

What Girls Said 5

• maybe some attractive guys like you too, but they are too shy to say it. even if the unattractive people are the only ones that like you, you could at least give them a chance. the right guy will turn up eventually so don't worry!!

• If you are attractive then both attractive and unattractive guys will like you.

• You are so young you don't need to worrying about guys yet

• Then approach the guys that you want

• Be careful about turning down those ugly boys, in 4 years they may be handsome boys that won't give you the time of day.

• Its not that I shut them out completely they just seem like those guys who I would be better friends with than in a relationship with.

• You will see lol