Is brown eyes and brown hair attractive?

All the guys I know like blonde hair and blue eyes and lately it's been making me feel really upset because I have brown eyes and brown hair. I know it's plain and common but I wish it could be seen as attractive too. Can it? Why are blonde/blue eyed girls seen as just so attractive?
I'm a petite body shape with medium skin and a symmetrical face. I haven't really got anything to complain about (except my small chest that sucks haha) but I feel so ugly because of what all my guy friends think.
I didn't choose to born with dark features! It really hurts that no guys think it's attractive. I get 'friend-zoned' a lot because guys like me but don't view me as potential dating material. Is there anyway to make this plain look more appealing? Should I dye/highlight my hair blonde or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• although i prefer red hair, brown wouldn't be a deal-braker imo!

What Guys Said 6

• The color of your hair and eyes have nothing to do with guys not liking you and guys liking only blue eyes and blonde hair is a complete myth. Most guys I know love both including myself. If I were you I wouldn't start dying my hair based on something false perceptions. It doesn't take dye it takes the right guy.

• Pretty much any combo can be good. It mostly depends on the rest of the features.

• You are fine, not all men like the same thing. How you act is far more important then the color of your hair. Think a man would like a blonde living in a dirty home. With dirty clothing? Or one that cussed all the time?

• Yes!!! You are all good wish I could see your pic :-(

• yes it's true, blondes with blue eyes are more attractive, sorry, but that's just the way it is. Although you don't have to much to worry about if you're semi attractive cause guys are so desperate and horny that they would fuck anything that moves.

• I like and prefer just about any girl with brown eyes whether its blonde hair brown eyes brown hair and eyes red hair and brown... It depends on the guy I think dyed hair and piercings are pretty hot.

What Girls Said 6

• It’s all about knowing how to work with what you’ve got! These are the genetics you were born with, you can’t give em back or switch em out so you gotta learn how to make them appealing and delightful in your own way! Eff what some guys think! Most of those guys become bitter and jaded because they can’t properly gauge beauty anyway and some externally beautiful b*tch screwed them over and/or smashed their hearts into pieces. Most of those guys don’t even have what it is that you want in a man. So don’t worry about whether they think you’re desirable or not. It’s a waste of your precious, divine thoughts! All you need to do is make sure your hair is healthy, not flaky, oily, dingy, or boring. Learn what makeup and style of eyeliner that will accentuate your eyes. Learn how to use your eyes and use your hair in a charming, sexy way.
    Don’t live for men. Most of them suck lol

• Eh. Yea brown hair and eyes I guess are too common to be interesting. But sometimes some guys find it attractive. I have dark skin, dark features and some guys like it.
    If you dye your hair blonde, depending on how dark your skin is, it may make you look worse. If I dyed my hair blonde, I'd look ridiculous cuz my skin tone doesn't match it.
    Petite, small chest, that's literally me right there. I still manage to get some guys think I'm attractive enough to date, and not just fuck.

We may have failed the genetic lottery, but there are still some guys out there who'll like what we have.

• Everyone forgets about the green eyes... I'm just kidding but seriously I wouldn't change a thing if I were you... believe me their are a bunch of guys that want someone like you... and everyone just thinks blondes are stupid anyways...

• I am brown haired and brown eyed too.. and i love myself.. Just don't care about what others say.. You are beautiful just the way you are..

• Don't do it, you will be judged differently... it's stupid. As cliché as it sounds, people still think blondes are dumb and easy.

• Lots of the guys in the wide world will like you and your look. Love yourself and don't worry about superficial jerks. It just takes one good one!