My boyfriend made a comment about my breasts?

My boyfriend made a comment about how big my areolas are, and to me they were very proportionate to my breasts. Now I'm very self-conscious. To the point where I refuse to take off my shirt in front of him. How should I feel about this? He apologized, but it was still offensive.

Most Helpful Guy

• He might not have seen it as an insult. He might have been complimenting them.
    You shouldn't feel insecure about it. You are who you are. Like it or lump it

What Guys Said 10

• Not knowing what the comment was, I may not be answering correctly. but I would just assume he has not seen larger areolas before, or has and heard others criticize them. Tell him you were offended and that you will not tolerate that kind of remark. If he does not care enough for you to avoid hurting you, then find a beeter class of guy.

• Grow up. Take your shirt off and tell him to lick your big areolas. Don't worry about it.

• i guess you're overreacting... he made a compliment about your breasts and he's your bf... not some random stranger ;-)

• Ask him if he has a problem with you in that regard. If he says yes then show him the door.

• I doubt he meant to insult you. Why would you think having big areolas is a bad thing?

• Ask him to return his words...

• How big are they and how big are your boobs? Maybe he didn't mean anything bad by it. I could've been a turn on for him.

• You're overreacting, he probably likes them and is now learning how sensitive women tend to be.

• He maybe not of known it would offend u and didn't mean it in a bad way.

• Get over it.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to get past this. I don't think he meant it as something bad, just an observations. Perhaps your areolas ARE really big and so what? He loves your breasts, I am sure, the way they are and so should you!

• He said your aerolas are big, not ugly.
    So you don't need to be self conscious about it!