Does this sound too skinny to you?

5'6 and 100 pounds. With 22% body fat.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very skinny. Underweight. You need to gain some weight because being so underweight is not healthy.

• But i am 'healthy' according to my doctor and its not like i got this skinny suddenly, i've always been skinny.

What Guys Said 12

• It seems a bit that way yes... and it probably isn't toned. Perhaps work on toning up some what, and don't worry about the weight, though you might need to eat some more.

• Sounds perfect. I had an ex your size. She hated herself, and constantly drank excessive amounts of protein. But I thought she was wonderful.

If you're uncomfortable with yourself, then strive for perfection. Look the way you want, work hard. But do it for yourself, not others.

• VERY VERY skinny!!!

why's that? :-/

• I don't know! i've always been skinny!

• 5'6? 100 pounds?

You should be close to 120-138 for your height.

• It depends. you may just have a really small frame.

• You would probably still be attractive, I like skinny, though I would have to see.
    But it sounds pretty low weight health-wise. At 5'6" I would think you should be at >50kg (¬110lb). 55kg (¬120lb) would put you in a healthy range.

• yeah most people say i look normal or i have a nice figure so i don't look like im 100 pounds.

• um i have talked to a doctor and its genetics basically! and because i have a small frame. Every doctor i talked to said i'm healthy so yea.

• Welp, then I guess you're golden. Unless you want to show me what you look like there's nothing more I can comment on. :)

• For me, yes. But some people like that.

• The body fat percentage sounds a little high considering how little you weigh for 5'6.

• actually that percentage means i'm fit so how is it high?

• No I'm just stupid sorry, I forgot the asker was a lady. Yeah it's fine. If you were a dude it would have been high.

• well in my mine thats fine I have a friend who is under 100 pounds, is in football getting tackled hard and is still fine

• Nope, just fine, hun. :)

• That sounds pretty much perfect. US size 8?

• not American but i'm a size 6 or 8 in european sizes.

• That's absolutely fine. Sounds very attractive and you've nothing to worry about.

• 5'6", you need to be between 120 and 150. Yes, you're too skinny, regardless of body fat

What Girls Said 10

• You sound alright. Your BMI is dangerously underweight, but it's not a very good indicator as it only takes weight into consideration, when fat weighs less than the same volume of muscle. Body fat percentage is more accurate, and 22% for your age is healthy.

However, no test will ever be perfect. Is the diameter of your thighs less than your knees? Can you see your spine? Do your ribs and collarbones protrude unhealthily? Those are indicators that you are far too skinny.

The most accurate indicator may be by eye. Ask someone honest to look at you.

• yea i've been checked by a doctor before but apparently i'm healthy. Just naturally skinny. My thighs are not less than my knees, you can see my collarbones a bit but not extremely visible. The answer to the rest of your questions is not.

I've asked people before and they all said i look normal.

• Then you're probably okay. I know how you feel though, my mother is forever telling me to fatten up.

• Almost too skinny.

• Its not too skinny if that is your natural body type.

• yeah it really is my natural body type. I've always kinda been skinny, just wanted other peoples opinions :)

• I... uh, I think it'd be skinny. I'm 5'0 and 98 lbs but it matches my height. You're much taller than me so I suppose that'd be a little awks.

• hmm but it really doesn't look like im too skinny or so i've been told. i'm tall but i have a small frame so I don't know.

• I'm 5'8" and 112 lbs so I think you're fine. I get the "too skinny" comments all the time and it's really annoying. As long as you're naturally skinny but still healthy it's nothing to worry about :)

• Yes that is too skinny for your height

• yea thing is i don't put on weight easily :/

• Same
    I'm 105 pounds though.

• Yes, sounds too thin. Unless it is proportioned differently than I am seeing in my head.

• i weigh more than you and im 6 inches smaller than you

• Yes that's quite small.