We should adopt this looks-rating scale. Agree or disagree?

I think this is a fair rating criteria chart. Mathematically, most people are going to be in and around 5.

farm9.staticflickr.com/.../...663_ededba54e9_h.jpg

• Agree
  • Disagree
I'm talking about adopting it here on gag when people ask to be rated.

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL this scale does not make me feel very good about myself. But it does look pretty accurate. Though I'm not sure it's point. Would people refer to the scale when giving themselves and others ratings? Personally I find any scale to be unnecessary because while this scale does look rather accurate, many could probably find fault with it because different people have different ideas about what the numbers mean. Also assigning anyone a number just sounds like a bad idea. If you are told you're a certain number you're likely to fixate too much on it rather than just being told "I think you're pretty." It's inevitable that people won't be satisfied with their number regardless of what it is.

• True. Different people have different criteria. That's why I'm proposing this chart, where 7 is not average, it's very highly above average. 5 would be average. And there's no such thing as a 10 in the real world, just 9. x.

• I don't believe people think 7 is average. But this scale is telling a whole bunch of people they're 5's and people really don't like to think of themselves as average.

• I think people do believe 7 is average, since that's usually what they give to people.

People don't think of themselves as average because they're delusional. Mathematically, most people are going to be closer to average.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't even agree with that scale lol

• The scale is too standardized. A person may be average looking but their personality may cause them to seem the most beautiful.

• I always thought dating was a binary system. Yes or No

And if I was using a decimal system, then that one would be completely wrong

• Nah. For example, almost only guys 7+ have a chance to turn women on into a one night stand.

• which doesn't contradict anything I said

• How?

• it is just wrong to rate somebody based on their appearance! I wonder when we became so superficial.. guess we always were!

• Why is it wrong? We're rating the looks not the person.

• Well this is about when they ask - here on gag.

• i was unaware.. sorry!

• definitely not! different people look at others differently as the time passes so sticking to a scale of looks is just not!

• Wich woukd i be?

• No no no no! Adam Sandler is way hotter than the guy above him, and Leonardo is a fucking god! The dude who is on 9, should be way below Leo!

Otherwise I agree.

• So Anglos are the standard.

• Anglos?

• Then the scale isn't fair and should not be adopted.

• Why is it not fair?

What Guys Said 6

• no lol. The guy they have at 4 is nowhere near that, and the girl they have as the most attractive does nothing for me. See the problem with these lists is that you can never get them quite right, which is why we all have a personal scale in our heads that somewhat resembles that of other peoples scales

• the "9-9.99" people are with or without photoshop basically?

• No photoshop. These people have appeared on videos.

• the later pictures are posed, have def used good light and loads of makeup and have been edited for sure. Just making it black and white hides a lot of flaws.
      Whereas the first pics are with bad or normal lighting, little to no make up and no editing. Not exactly a fair comparison

• Oh boi.. What rating are rating are you in?

• I would be in the 5 range.

• What am I on this scale?
    I'm curious to see

• I would obviously be a 11

• Not cool... Leave deformed people alone. Also the ones higher up aren't that attractive