So... why do guys think I am a... uh... lesbian?

I have absolutely nothing against the LGBT community but I'm straight! I think it might be because of my short haircut but... ugh... i really don't know... any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, but your hair style does scream "LESBIAN". The short hair in combo with the shaved sides is a lesbian "signal" that you are giving off. Do a google search on "lesbian haircuts".
    www.google.ca/search

What Guys Said 12

• You probably don't follow the cookie-cutter template which girls "should" (I say that since it varies by opinion) look like.

Unisex hairstyles and clothing could result in that.

• Your hair is definitely "Butch". It appears that you are trying to identify that you are a lesbian, so it is not surprise that people see you as one.

• The short hair is associated with being a lesbian. Some things that can help are "dress girly", don't wear button downs (ever), sometimes dyed hair is considered non straight too, Also what are your interests? Sometimes if you have interests that are "mannish" then you are also thought to be lesbian.

• No idea... They just think it is funny to say?

• i guess it's becuse of your haircut basically...

• Because you look kinda like a boy.
    At least on a profile picture.

• Well, your personality type says "tomboy". If your hair is short (can't really tell) and you're a tomboyish jeans and T-shirt kind of girl, people make assumptions.

• yeah its probably the hair. a shame since it is a nice cut

• Well I can't tell how short your hair is

• what a handsome fellow! just kiddin. you have a nice face, i bet you'd be hotter with long hair.

• It's your hair, the shirt you're wearing (I can't really see it well but it looks like a man's), and your makeup. If you're not a lesbian you sure fooled me and probably a lot of other guys.

• It's stupid but I'll be honest and say it's the hair.

What Girls Said 3

• That's probably all it is. I've had guy friends ask me when I'm going to grow my hair out long again like they are sad that I cut it. Seems like guys don't usually prefer women with short hair?

• Let me also add that I am constantly getting complimented on my hair but it's all from women!

• I think its your hair

• Probably the short hair... I get the same thing