Why people post pics of themselves here?

Since the point of using GaG has nothing to do with rating pics or knowing others. Why people keep doing this? I would'nt do that here and I think some of these users are extroverts and narcissists begging for the attention. Sorry

Ok, but there's no other reason to do this outside of how do I look section, right? Everytime I see these users answering quetions I expect a pic along with their opinion. Lame

Most Helpful Guy

• Now there is a topic called as 'how do I look' means ratings are a part of GAG now. But other people do it for publicity, popularity. #AttentionSeeking #ComplimentSeeker.

• Right, but outside of how I look section, there'a really no other reason why someone would post pics from themselves on opinions unecessarily.

• Exactly

What Guys Said 15

• If the point of GaG has 'nothing to do with rating pics' why is there a rate me topic category, and in earlier years, a rating section of the site?

• let them do... you don't have to rate them, and you don't have to follow the how do i look topic... and what's so bad about being an extrovert?

• You're correct. I'm an extroverted narcissist begging for attention. You have me beat, as well as every other extroverted narcissist begging for attention on GaG.

You are so smart and a wonderful human being.

• Yes some people have problems accepting them self
    hey it happens not too good of feeling but it happens

• It adds some extra personality to the words on the screen.
    It's much harder to personalize a ghost figure; you mentally have to tell yourself that a real person is on the other side. Like convincing yourself that robots have souls.

Sure, I'm still words on the screen, but at least you can identify what I look like, which makes what I say feel slightly more human and more vulnerable than what an anonymous user would.

• Juz si u have a sense of who ur talken to. We dont wanna imagine who is the robot that were talken to. I always like to know whos the person behind the screen that im talken to. Life is too short to remain a mystery :/

• First what is the connection on being an extrovert and posting pics? Because Im completely the oposite yet I posted pics. And is everyone business if they like to post pics or not, I think this is one of the few forums where you can chose between being anonymous or showing myself which is cool, besides, posting pics is fun and helps you approaching others to talk, if thats begging for attention then ok whatever...

• I like to show off my chiseled features.

• to be honest, i only prefer to talk to people who has a real pic of them.

dont you wanna know who you're talking to? as you have a target market for your questions? and you can tell by someones looks sometimes?

you seem to be very acrimonious

• oh nvm i thought you meant profile pics. yah young girls need attention so they dont fall into depression... this self conscious thing is let goed by people who dont have it and kept by those who have it and they become a slave to it.

• For shits and giggles. They do have a how do I look section.

• If people want to add a personal touch to their profile its their right

• Why do you care? let them do whtevr they want... after all its their account and their wish!

• Because it's fun.

• I know It's stupid... I just don't get it especially When only God can judge me. Judge all of us.

What Girls Said 9

• There is a how do I look section on here and rate me. There used to be a whole part of your profile dedicated to it.

I know what you mean - half the time it's very hot women wanting to have compliments. But for some people I think it's because they need advice on how to look better or maybe they have been through a shit time in their life and need a boost. Who really cares on the reason? You don't have to read them, you just scroll on by.

• Outside of the how do I look section, they were probably answering 'verify yourself' or 'what are you wearing right now' question.

There is only someone who does it without being asked, but that person had funny caps in the pics :)

• There is a section for how do I look, and it's ok for people to ask for advice on that too, it doesn't mean that they're begging for attention.

• it's the internet, it's crazy. in general, people who fish for compliments /ratings are just insecure.

• Well they created a whole "How Do I Look" section sooo technically it's now apart of the point of GaG.

But people do it for fun. It's not like you're obligated to do so.

• I think It's more personal to have a picture up. You know what kind of person you're talking to. Also to reduce stereotypical thoughts.
    Personally, I like it more if someone has their picture up, so I think other people will think the same thing.

• I feel more comfortable talking to someone when ik what they look like

• Well extroverts are fun.

• Agree! I will tell truth if someone asks and then some will get their feelings hurt because they must of thought they were at least an 8.