How to not feel ugly?

I can't stop comparing myself from other girls. Some guys complimented me as pretty or sexy (both attractive and unattractive ones). All my family consider me really pretty. But I don't see it myself :( I feel like every girl is better looking than me. I don't know how to accept myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Was there a certain instance you can think of where you felt ugly? or made to feel ugly? You have to find self worth in you. If 99% of the world tell you that you are pretty, why are you listening to the 1%. Really think about how you feel when you think about your looks. Is it based in you or what someone said to you at some point? A good way to change the way you feel, is every morning when you go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and tell yourself something you see that you like. Do that whenever you look at yourself. Don't find the things wrong, find the things that make you happy

• No one has ever called me ugly, but I have never felt beautiful ever in my life. It's there in my mind since childhood.

• And nothing happened? I'm sorry you feel that way. There is something beautiful in all things in life. You just have to be open to seeing it. I hope you find that in yourself

What Guys Said 3

• then try to boost your self-confidence basically

after-all many people tell you, you're pretty ;-)

• insecurity kills.. be confident enough..

• Let's see a pic

What Girls Said 4

• There is an underlying issue with why you feel this way and it doesn't have to do with your appearance. You have to try and figure out that issue or issues and fix them because you are insecure for some reason. Maybe you had a bad relationship or something happened in your upbringing that is allowing you to view yourself as ugly. No matter how pretty you are on the outside, your inside will always tell you otherwise. It's normal for girls to feel like this too, unfortunately.

• I used to frequently think like that too. But then i always think that somewhere out there, there's always a girl, who are more unfortunate than me. And then i would have this more grateful feeling and stop thinking that i'm ugly

• I also do the same. I then feel gratitude for whatever I have, but sometimes I feel like I shouldn't date a guy simply because he can find someone better than me.

• Everyone have their own preferences you, know. It's not just matter of how you look. Maybe he love your personalities, your habbits, your smile there's so many things that can make you attracted to someone, perhaps that 'someone better than me' have more beautiful look, but for the guy, maybe you still better on other aspects that he like. So don't feel like that :)

• Stop comparing and start building your confidence. Every girl is pretty in their own way.

• You have to stop comparing yourself to other girls, if you keep doing that you'll never be happy cause there will always be someone who is more attractive than you. If people are complimenting you then you are pretty. You need to build your self esteem.