Am I pretty enough to be asked to prom? Rate me?

I'm a senior. My high school has over 1600 kids. I've NEVER been asked to a homecoming or prom (there's been 7 school dances so far & I've always gone with friends). I'm a little shy but I'm nice. And I'm Not shy to the point where I don't talk to any boys. I'm just not really friends with guys.
***I hear that guys ask girls they don't know that well to school dances all the time so why don't I ever get asked?***
EVEN 9TH & 10TH GRADERS GET ASKED TO PROM :/
Have you seen girls that are around my physical attractiveness level be asked to prom? My friends always get asked by at least one guy to each school dance. I wonder if the reason I've never been asked to a dance or asked out by a guy in general is because I'm not pretty enough. Please be honest!

http://s11.postimg.org/cq23gtaur/image.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/bz9db18hf/image.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/w5cv9x44z/image.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/80c5s7jub/image.jpg

• 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10

Most Helpful Guy

• You are slightly above average in my opinion. But that means that you shoudnt expect insanely hot guys to ask you out, expect guys that are also slightly above average. If you have been turning down guys, the only thing you can do is lower your standards. If NO guys have asked you out, its probably because the only guys that are 'on your level' are too insecure to ask a girl out. Next time you see an average to slightly above average guy sitting alone with nobody to talk to, go introduce yourself to him. Make sure you smile a lot and makes yourself as least intimidating as you can be. Be flirtatious and make it obvious that you ate into him. Give him your number and talk for a couple of days. If he doesn't ask you out after a couple of days of talking, ask him out. Keep your head up, be confident, if you want someone go for him!

• Well I don't like any guys. And no I wouldn't turn down any guys. I can't force myself to like someone like you said. See random guy. Introduce myself and make it obvious im into him. I can't do that if Im not interested in that guy in the first place.

• 80% of the guys that are confident enough ask. Not 80% of ALL guys. And about 50 out of 80% o those guys, will only ask after the girl gives crystal clear signs of liking them. Most guys are just to shy to do it.

• What do you mean? I meant 80% of all guys ask a girl to prom. The rest don't ask girls.

What Guys Said 36

• I think your cute enough to get asked out and guys should be asking but they might be shy and scared of getting rejected.

• Thanks but they can't all be scared. They ask my friends.

• I've been here for 4 years. They don't talk to me.

• Really :( That sucks that they don't talk to you. You look and very pretty. And if I was in your class I would even talk to you. I think maybe part of the problem could be that maybe the guys are really, really picky. Or they must be more girls then guys. Their would have to be at least one guy that likes you in one of your classes or even in school some where. Your to cute for guys not to notice you.

• The real question is: Are high-school boys stupid, narrow, or insecure enough not to ask a perfectly good girl out to prom?

The unfortunate answer is yes. Yes they are.

• Yes you are lovely. There will be many men whose eye you catch.

• you ARE pretty. but here's the problem

I'm just not really friends with guys.

First of all guys are afraid to ask as well. The problem isn't whether or not you're too ugly or too pretty. The problem is no one feels comfortable asking you. You need to talk to guys regularly so they THINK they have a shot at u. Or at least get them comfortable enough. And next, another solution, is to go to parties, and socialize there. Guys will be drunk and more comfortable.

• Well prom is in a month. Do you have any tips for me?

• i dont think popular means jerk either. ex: tim tebow. Anyway, popular guys know girls. Even they, unless they're the hottest guy in school or the start future d1 athlete, are insecure and will be afraid to ask out a girl they dont really know. so you have to just put urself out there and let them know ur harmless

• They know girls?

• So uh... You wanna go to Prom?

Nah but for real tho, you just gotta instill just the tiniest bit of confidence in a guy you like and he'll totally ask you. Also you might have a cockblock friend who prevents you from talking to guys u like. Its good to chat with friends but you don't always wanna be surrounded, makes you seem unapproachable. But really, best luck hope someone asks you, ur real cute.

• Oh well I don't really care who asks me. I don't really have anyone that I want to go with. Anyone is ok as long as they aren't creepy but I don't have guy friends so how do I get to know a guy? Prom is in a month.

• Really ya just gotta find an excuse, an angle some reason to just talk to people. It can just be a simple hello or u could just comment on what's going on but basically u just have to talk to people. Ya so then after that if you enjoy that person's company and thier words and thier face you just find more reasons to talk to them and you establish connections. And guys will just know ur a quality person.

• Hey! :( i wanted to choose ten out of ten!!!

• Lol if I was a 10/10 I would not be asking this question

• thanks

• Hey im just stating facts you cutie you !! ;)

• Definitely pretty enough. No need to worry.

• thanks but prom is in a month

• I'd give ya a niner, because ya look like a Ukrainian princess.

You are THIS pretty! :-)

You're goin' to the prom, lass! To th prom with ya! Now bippity-bobbity-boo! :-)

This apple ale is so deliscious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfRhXXlVZY

• Lol thanks

• Not a problem. It's my job to know these kinds of things and pass on the torchlight of wisdom to the younger generation. :-)

• cute... nice necklace by the way

• you're too beautiful/ pretty for the guys.
    boys won't ask as they will think a girl as beautiful as her will never say yes to a boy like me.
    maybe you should ask a boy to dance

• I don't think I'm too pretty lol I would go with most of the guys at my school. I'm not picky about dates or anything like that.
      Who do you think I should ask? A lot of the guys have girlfriends or want to ask another girl.

• Maybe but I don't know. Some of them I just overheard them tell their friends who they wanted to ask.

• well if you don't ask you don't get

• I think so. You're very pretty. You haven't been asked because maybe you don't talk to guys enough.

• Yeah that's true. I Don't talk to them that often. Should I start or just give up since prom is in a month?

• I would but I'm shy and mainly because the guys I sometimes talk to want to ask another girl to prom. And I can't just ask a random guy...

• Yeah, it sucks. But good luck I'm sure there are guys who'd to get to know you, or acquaintances...

• As you tie your photo to a string and cast it into the water you are satisfied with all the compliments that bite the bait.

• If my question bothers you, just ignore it or don't answer it..

• Why are you so humble to not put a 10/10 lol. You're probably too attractive for anyone to have the guts to ask you out.

• Rate 8/10 yes you are pretty enough to go to the prom

• You're really beautiful. I'd be quite surprised if a boy doesn't ask you out. If they don't, it must have something to do with your intimidating beauty.

• I'm not like that. Im nice to pretty much every one and Id be happy if any guy asked me. I'm not picky about that.

• Yeah your beauty isn't really intimidating.

• You kinda look like Carrie Underwood.

• You're actually pretty cute :) and you know what? That awesome guys who wants to ask you to prom is probably scared to ask because you're really pretty which makes perfect sense. I'm sure he'll ask you to prom before prom actually happens :) he's just most likely scared that's all.

• You are frickinn 10/10 and you know it. Guys are probably intimtdated by your hotness. Pick one and ask him yourself. you want something? Make it happen. Sitting on your butt won't get you anything.

• No I'm not and that's not true. They talk and ask the pretty girls all the time.

• Oh come on! If you are not asked out there are few possible reasons.
      - Most likely your attractivity is intimidating and guys never work up the guts to ask you
      - Your low confidence
      - something else about your behaviour

I repeat: If you really want to go there jsut ask some guy you like. He will most likely shit his pants with happiness.

• Is this a joke? You're hot. You're obviously hot. I'd take you to prom if I lived close by to you lol.

Did you actually think you weren't pretty?

• Well yes because I have never been asked to prom or homecoming or winter formal. Or just in general. If never had a guy ask me out either. I'm not fishing for compliments.

• Say average cute, all depends on the guys and if you know any at all. If not drop some hints.

• Well I know them but not like as friends.

• -gets on one knee- Will you accompany me to Prom?

I'll pick you up at 5, why so early? were going to grab some bbq ribs and they be having some long lines. ;P

• Why don't you have the option 10/10 in your poll? You're a goddess!!!

• Cause nobody is perfect.

• Ah come on don't do the whole 7/whatever thing.

You're pretty, maybe you're just the smarter type and guys don't see the chance to get laid.

• Everyone would ask you out. You're gorg like.

• Lol not true but thanks.

• I don't see anything wrong with your looks

• Yes you are and I'm surprised no one has asked you already.

• I've never been asked to a dance.

• They ask out other girls to prom all the time. My friend gets asked a lot.

• But the question is do guys find you more attractive than your friends. If they do and probably so they may think you are already taken. From my own personal experience if I find a girl that real attractive I'm inclined to think she is already taken and I tell myself then why bother. Try throwing hints out to the guys that you are a single girl with no boyfriend and see if that works.

• Everyone is pretty enough to go to prom and the boys will definatly be asking you soon, everyone should get a chance to experience prom once in their lifetime!

• I wouldn't be surprised if nobody asked me. I've never been asked to one but its my fault for not talking to enough guys.

• Aww don't say that, you will get asked! :) Just believe and your dream will come true!

• I wish it was that simple.

• You're very pretty. It's a shame if someone doesn't ask you out. It's their loss.

• thanks

• I don't really have guy friends unless they're my friends boyfriends.

• Not sure how to help you then, unless you try stepping outside your social circle abd talk to others.

• You look very pretty. More confidence will help you more attractive

• I was your age i would ask you to prom

• Its sad that this is a problem for both guys and girls. I wish society was different.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 21

• Of course you are, you're beautiful! However, even attractive women don't always get asked to dances or prom. Is there any guy in particular you like? My advice would just be to start approaching people yourself. Talk to more guys and get to know them. Try not to be as shy and branch out some, that could help. If all else fails, there's nothing wrong with asking a guy yourself. Some guys even like when the woman take the initiative.

• thanks for the tip. Prom is in a month but I doubt I'll get asked. No I don't really like any guys in particular. Id be happy to go with almost any guy unless they're just straight up creepy you know? I'm not picky like my friends.

• Yeah, I understand. You should try to talk to some people and like I said, maybe even ask a guy yourself if you can work up enough courage :)

• You're cute.
    However, I think you not being asked out goes beyond looks.
    It all has to do with approach.
    There are attractive girls that get asked out left and right.
    How do you react to the opposite sex?
    How is your body language or expression?
    Do you indicate to any guy that you may like him?
    Or are you to yourself in a box?
    All of these things are huge factors.
    People cannot just take being attractive will sail them through.
    Your personality has to shine through.

• *think being attractive

• Well I do look at them even when they don't look at me and I talk to some of them occassionally. this is not enough?

• Try to form a friendship or become more familiar with these boys. They don't know you well enough to know you are interested or ask you out.

• Its not like if you don't get asked out by a guy for prom that your life will be over. It isn't like that, honest. I'm going to prom this year and I am a junior no boy has asked me and I'm okay with that. I'd rather go with a group of friends. I just don't want to go with a boy, maybe my senior year who knows. But a lot of the boys at my high school are immature and I'm a bit told for them as they are younger. All I'm saying is just be yourself. If you don't get a guy to ask out to go to prom then go with a group of friends or something.

• Yeah I know. I just wanted to know cause I've never been asked and it's my last dance. I usually go with friends but it kind of sucks to be the only one at each dance with no date. Have fun!

• You're cute, but that doesn't exactly guarantee you'll get asked to prom. I had a few really gorgeous friends that weren't asked to prom and I was never asked to any dance. It might just depend on what guys you know well enough that would want to ask you.

• While you would be attractive on the outside to guys, they might not find your personality "sexy", "popular", or "attractive"
    and there's nothing you can do about that, and don't ever change who you are for a guy!
    my advice would be don't go for the popular guys, there's plenty of other nice, attractive, and super great guys out there, trust me!
    try eye makeup!
    don't go smokey eye, and super over the top, but start small, maybe try some black mascara, a light, metallic, subtle eyeliner, and some nice nails, idk?
    just go with something that's different from what you usually go with!
    Thats my makeup usually, on a daily basis, and I'm going to prom with a junior, and I'm a freshman. We aren't dating, but he gives me cute little notes, and is always sits with me at lunch, during assemblies and sports events. He's not really in the "popular" group of guys, but he's super sweet, and he's on the football, basketball, and baseball teams, and he's super sweet & friendly too. He says that his friends always make fun of him for taking a freshman to prom, but he doesn't care that much.
    you'll find someone!
    being a senior, you could always take a younger boy! its not practical, or probably not easy, but you would have a date!!!

• Lol I'm not going to ask a freshman. there's no way lol I would die of embarrassment and rather stay home. But What do you mean im not sexy/attractive enough? Like I don't look hot.. ? And yeah of course I would go with an unpopular guy. I don't care about looks. Personality is more important to me no matter what. But thanks for the suggestions!

• i meant that guys might not find you "sexy" in the same way they would find a cheerleader, or someone who sleeps around alk the time, i didn't mean it that way, just saying that maybe they don;t notice you as often as someone that shows cleavage all the time... but don't start doing that though...

• If you're not being asked out looks are not the reason. You're very pretty.

• I'm honestly shocked that no guy has asked you to a dance, in the most straight way possible I think you're stunning, seriously. I'm going to say one potential answer for not being asked is maybe guys are possibly intimidated by you? This is just on a basis of personal experience, but it comes up more than you'd think. Guys can be shy and easily intimidated... That's what I found out from guys I have gotten to know, I'd ask why I had to approach them again and again until they were comfortable and the answer I always got was intimidation. Strange, unexpected, but true story

• Interestingn.. I'm not sure if that's the case though because most guys at my school do ask girls so that rules out that they're intimidated right? Like my girlfriends have at least one guy that asks them to each dance so I always thought maybe it's because guys don't think I'm pretty.

• You have beautiful eyes... Dont be sad if you dont get asked to prom. I wasn't. It really wouldn't matter in a few years. Just go by yourself. But I rated you a 8 out of ten :)

• Your gorgeous!!!

• You're very pretty! Perhaps you might ask a boy you like to go?

• I don't know many boys.

• Of course! You're absolutely stunning

• Omg you troll lol

• i really don't get why there isn't a 9/10 or a 10/10 choice on the poll.
    i think you're beautiful, beautiful enough to be asked to prom!
    and don't give a damn about the ones who thank otherwise.

• You're extremely pretty naturally!

• I would give you 10!!

• I would gladly take you to prom I didn't even go to my prom

• you're really pretty!!

• Sure your a cute girl:)

• I'd give a rating of 5/10

• Are you fishing for compliments?

• Honestly your gorgeous!