Guys! Be honest! Braces and glasses on a girl? what's your opinion?

Hey, SO I'll be 21 in may! Just found out I need braces and glasses... normally I'm very confident. In my opinion, I feel kind of old getting braces...(I need them for minor things and my jaw apparently; if you look at my picture.. I'm not weird looking aha) anyways, I just wanna hear your opinions. PLEASE be honest..
If you're on here to start, crap, Save it for someone who cares. you're wasting your time...

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a month shy of turning 25 when I got mine on this past year. Something like 25% of the "braces population" are adults. I was concerned at first with how I'd look with braces on. But I found that after a short bit, they actually made me MORE confident even with my same smile as before.

I'm not sure what it is, I guess having braces and showing them is a sign that your smile is being fixed (or that you're rich lol). My smile has moved quite a bit since September when I got them in, especially the bottom row. And there's something about all the brackets forming a neat and tidy line in your mouth that makes them look good. Obviously, having a naked smile is better but braces don't make people look ugly, I think. They're so common that people don't think anything odd about them anyway.

And the glasses, just get a flattering pair and you really won't have to worry about them. You'll be fine.

• Thank so much for sharing!
      When you first got your braces, did they hurt?

• Like no other lol. The first 6 days were painful, uncomfortable, irritating, and lots of other words too. But obviously, your teeth aren't used to getting pushed or pulled with constant tension either, so it's understandably a bit of a shock for them. I got them on a Monday morning, and Sunday on the 7th day was when I could finally start chewing softer foods.

But as you go on, your teeth and gums get used to the recovery of each adjustment and now I'm at the point where they are a little sore for the rest of that day but by the next day, they're either not hurting or I can deal with the dull soreness while I eat.

What Guys Said 43

• I had a crush on my seventh grade teacher who got braces during the school year.

Honestly, in my 36 years I've never heard a guy say "She'd be hot/cute/sexy if it weren't for those braces/ glasses," or "Man, do those braces/glasses make her look ugly." They may be a physical inconvenience at times, but for every rare guy that gets weirded out there's going to be another who thinks they're great.

• Braces are temporary; besides, you can use Invisalign. Girls can be very hot in glasses, or you can go with contact lenses.

• If I just had a free choice then I would prefer not having either of those. However, glasses can still look very cute if they go well with the other features and clothes of the person. But I am not into braces. It's totally normal if braces are required because health is very important. So they are not like a complete turn off.

• Braces, glasses, freckles AND REDHAIR are some of the biggest turn ons to me hell kinda like a fetish LOL

So yeah I love those 2 tings

• honestyl? i want them without both basically :-P

• You can do a lot of with glasses. Once a thing reserved for only nerdy computer dorks has now become a fashion accessory. Take your time and play around with, shop for frames, take a friend with you and try different things. I think you'd look good with glasses on. If its not your thing then you can always resort to wearing contacts.

Lower teeth braces are hard to see anyway, so I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

• Glasses dont really matter much, but on most girls i find Braces CUTE.

• you're fine. Don't worry. Glasses are often viewed as a cute look. Some people even wear non prescription ones just in the name if fashion. Braces are cool with me. I dont know about the rest of the world, but I dont even really notice/care about braces. Good luck:-D

• I think that braces on a woman/girl makes them appear sexy and cute and younger... that's my opinion anyway, and as far as glasses goes... depends on the style she wears. most women like Sara Palin look very hot! She has a style that makes her not only look sexy, but also very mature and sophsticated. Then there are those who have a nurdy look... glasses that are big and thick framed, it then depends on the person who wears them, some women even though they appear nerdy still look cute and can be attractive.

• to be honest I find girls with glasses & braces to be very sexy... :)

there's something about a girl with it that just makes her really sexy

• I've dated girls with braces and I found completely sexy. And I've been with girls that looked good with the right glasses. As long as they're not bifocals I think you're good lol

• Braces are cute, no worries.
    Glasses can be good. They remind me of a crush. I'm loving the cute librarian look now.

• Glasses are hot af.
    Smart girls are the best ones. 😍
    Braces I'm cool with as well.
    Some girls look so cute with them.

• the braces are gonna make you look like a teenager lol!
    i used to have braces and when i took them off i felt like i was 3 years older lol!

i think you will look a bit more nerdy, but you will still be cute!

• aha That won't change anything.. I'm only five feet tall. no one ever guesses my age right. I've always got 18. the youngest I got was 14. I'm not worries. its a compliment to me.
      The orthodontist told me 1.5 years to 2 years max.

But thank you for the kind words. (:

• Thank you!
      I hope so.. I hear its awkward and painful. :P

• Yeah the first months suck!!!
      but after a while you get used to it and its not so bad
      good luck!

by the way you are cute regardless, so dont worry =)

• Braces doesn't make you look good.

Glasses however, with the right style that go with your face shape, can enhanced your appearances and even make you look smarter!

• Glasses: sexy
    Braces: not so cute
    a.wattpad.com/cover/19039143-256-k821392.jpg

• i dont know about braces... but girls with glasses turn me on for some reason... i like those cute nerdy girls...
    get glasses in "cat eye" frame... ur face has more 'oblongish' features.

• A girl wearing glasses and has braces is not a problem you are fine :)))

• All depends on the glasses lol. Go for a pair that's stylish and that will compliment your looks.

I'm basically saying avoid the giant, thick, hipster glasses lol

• Both are not things I'm likely to encounter on a girl my age.

• Uh I really don't care about glasses cuz I'm sure they won't be on all the time but if not I'll get used to them for a woman I like and with the braces it depends because sometimes I think some females look cute with em on

• Both can add cuteness to a girl. I'm in favor of both.

• I think they're cute and I love a girl with glasses

• Your welcome dont feel negative about them your 2 tears older them me so your young and it's good you get the now and not wait like my 40 year old neighbor who got them a month ago

• Well I love females in glasses. And braces wouldn't bother me.

• If she's attractive, than she's attractive period.

• Nothing wrong with both. I think both can be and are hot.

• Lol if she's cute they will just make you look hot

Braces are so cute sometimes

• don`t mind them

• Girls can still look cute with both, you'd still look good once you get braces :)

• I think its unique so I like it.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 4

• girl, ill tell u something. investing in ur health now will b SO worth it when ur a little older. better to have braces now than teeth out of alignment in ur prime years which are coming up right? as for glasses. stoppp thatttt, they are sexy!
    ur gorgeous, honest:) dont b scared to rock them and remember that these things will benefit u in the future.

• I know I'm a girl... But you should definitely consider invisalign instead of normal braces! They are so much better! People barely notice them and they do the same job :) And you can always get contacts! Besides, a lot of glasses are cute looking. I have a pair of horn rimmed glasses I always get compliments on. You can switch from glasses to contacts as you please :)

• I didn't mean to address it to strictly males. :P
      But thank you. I'll forsure consider it with the braces. But with the contacts, I don't think I can. Just because I have stigmatism in both eyes. if there is, they are probably expensive. I can't afford it. I attend a private college. & only work weekends. & I don't want to smooch off of my parents.

• Yeah I understand. Braces are really expensive anyway. If you can't do contacts just go with some cute hipster glasses. If your vision isn't too bad you can just take them off for the periods of time when you don't feel like wearing them.

• I LOVE girls with braces and glasses I don't know why but I just do. The glasses tend to bring out other features in their face and the braces are just pretty much braces

• Braces? I don't see why they are a problem. They're only temporary, and when they come off your teeth are awesome.