Am I an okay weight to wear high waisted jeans and a crop top?

I'm 5'6" 140lbs, BMI of 22.6...

I have a body that kind of looks like this (except I'm paler) https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=JWVeDd29rio

Obviously I'm talking about the lady in that video. xD What do you think am I an okay weight to wear it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I don't understand why anyone would want to wear high wasted jeans unless the goal is to draw as much attention to your crotch as possible and make your torso/legs proportions look gimped.

• because they're comfortable, agile and fun?

• Actually, I'm asking more about the crop top. Because if I wore lose-rise jeans then it would be a very different look and show a lot more skin

• There are high waist pants that look good like this for example: thefashiontag.com/.../how-to-style-leggings-22.jpg

But jeans do not fit into that category

• your weight sounds perfectly healthy for your height basically ;-)

• Thank you :) I just get picked on for it so wasn't sure :/

• Why would you ruin such a nice body with such ugly jeans? The resurgence of mom jeans in the guise of so-called fashion must be the world's best trolling.

• What is so wrong with high waisted jeans?

• @smilesarenice

Same thing with the ugly glasses hipsters wear these days. I remember those thick ugly things from being a kid in the 80s. Glasses were not fashionable then like they are now, most people got teased for wearing them because that's all that was available at the time. I can't fathom why people choose to wear them on purpose.

• @Dandeus They wear them because some celebrity wore it once and now its fashionable again. Not thing in fashion is new. It is all recycled from centuries past

• Yes i would say your a good weight and height to wear high waist jeans
    and crop top

• Wear what you want. But it is much easier to say yes or no if you put it on in a dressing room, and post a pic online.

• I know, but I didn't feel comfortable with that.

• You can always cut your head off in the pic, and nobody will know who you are, but I can understand that. In our minds we can make you look like anything.

• You can pull it off,
    even though i dont like that look too much

• Thanks! Oh, how come?

• no problem =)
      by the way if you look anything like that lady in the video... woah!
      *drools*

• Seriously? Damn! Hahah

• Mmm.. I don't know. Body mass index is a little high. I'd like to see it at least around 22.3.

• Yeah, same. I'm working on it. I've already lost 7lbs in 2 months so yeah :)

• Lol :-p

I'm just playin' around.

Geez, you people self-conscious. 0_0

• Yes that would look great!

• The only question you need to ask is... do you have a muffin top?
    If your answer is yes, then NO you can not wear the jeans without looking ridiculous.

• No, I don't have one. xD Thanks!

What Girls Said 13

• Weight doesn't really matter, because you could be heavy, but have little fat. So you could wear tight clothes or revealing outfits with heavy body that has no flab. But if you're flesh is made up of a lot of fat, the outfit may seem unflattering to some people because the body looks more squishy rather than tight and firm. So there could be a lot of jiggling. But hey, it's your body. Do what you want But if you truly care what others think, than there's my slice of input for you.

• Thanks a lot!! Very true!

• Wear what you want to wear it is your body. Who cares what other people think, don't listen to them. Its just there way of trying to bring you down, don't let it get to you. Your weight is fine, seriously you have nothing to worry about.

• thanks a lot!! You're right, I shouldn't care :) Or listen to them!

• Wear what you want! People are always going to judge no matter what! You don't have to please anyone but yourself! :)

• Yes, you will be fine. That's a healthy weight. Even bigger girls wear this look. If you try it on , and look good don't worry about what people might think. They probably think you look good to.

• Thanks a lot!!! I get picked on for my weight, so that's why I wasn't sure about it.

• You are fine nothing to worry about.

• I can't see the link. But you sound okay. Maybe even a little skinny.

• Thanks a lot! (the link is a dance video of "the monster" by Eminem, definitely worth checking out if you ever see it on YouTube.) Most people say I'm over weight, so I'm surprised!!

• Yeah, you could wear it.

• Wear what you want and what makes you feel comfortable. I didn't see the link you posted but I'm sure you have a beautiful body and fashion is all about self expression so you shouldn't worry/care what other people think.

• You got nice booodyyyy!!! Go for it! Wear it with confident :)

• If that is your body, you have a killer body. Go for it :-)

• Really? Would you say that it's a curvy body type?

• if its like in the video, I call it female athletic.

• Ohhh, awesome! Thanks :D

• yeah, especially if you have abs.

• I have abs, but not as ab-ish as hers xD

• anything... devil loves ya

• Seriously you have a body like that and are asking if it's okay? Your fine girl!