My boyfriend said i'm too fat... Is that true?

My boyfriend broke up with me because he said im too fat. I'm 16, 5'4 and 143 lbs. just wanted opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not true at all. The validation of this statement has nothing to do with you being fat or skinny. This guy is trying to manipulate you by tricking you into thinking you are not enought good for him. He is wrong again, you girl are beautiful!
    What he is doing to you is called GASLIGHTING: a form of psychological abuse. A gaslighter needs to be right in order to preserve his own sense of self and his sense of having power over you.

What Guys Said 51

• With no pictures. I am using the "bodyvisualizer" tool to visualize what you might look like with those numbers.
    http://bodyvisualizer.com/

http://i.imgur.com/hNH1eiO.png

In that visualization I do see a few folds near the lower back area , above the abdominal obliques.
    I don't think it's "fat" per-se but depending on your bodyshape the visualization may produce... VERY different results.

So again. It depends.

Also That's a fucking horrible thing to say to one's girlfriend.

• Your boyfriend has officially achieved fuck boy status.

• BS... you're normal weight basically... don't listen to him!

• Forget the number, The more important question is do you think you are fat? If you don't think you are, tell him that you feel differently.

• "The more important question is do you think you are fat" - that can be very misleading, some people have a very bad and incorrect self-image.

• If they do, then they have more problems to identify and more reasons to get help.

• That sounds like a dumb ass excuse to break up with you. I think he does have somebody else and he just didn't know what to make as an excuse to break up with you. When I was your age I actually like the girls like you. And if he doesn't like a girl that weight a hundred and forty three pounds then I don't know what the f*** is wrong with him because I think that's a perfect weight. Plus more meat in a woman's body it's even better more cushion for the pushin that's what they say or what they used to say anyway. he must have had a little ass dick to leave you. don't ever doubt yourself you're such a beautiful girl.

• QUIT FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS KNOWING DAMN WELL YOU AIN'T FAT

• You're better off without him. Sounds like a jackass

• There is no way your fat. You look nice. Don't listen to him because you look great. :)) There is nothing wrong with you.

• I personally think you are pretty and nice looking and I am sure there are many other guys that would think you are good looking to. :)

• You weight just fine and look just fine. Well, if he's not happy with you for whatever reason then it's good for you too because you won't be dealing with someone who doesn't love you.

• He has no idea what he is talking about, you clearly are not overweight based on looking at your picture.

Don't go over 150 lbs though.

• Regardless of who you think you are or what people say you are;

you are beautiful, smart, kind & funny...

you don't need to worry about that because God has the right guy in store for you.. you might feel like you're missing out on people, but in reality you're just being saved for the right person. you deserve love & affection.
    :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMSLqhykXAM&safe=active

• He's mad 😠 your good😊

• You are not fat in my opinion leaving someone for this resoan sounds bad.
    I think better to forgot about him.

• That's some fucked up shit. Really?

First of all, you are nowhere near fat. Secondly, if he actually thought you're fat and as a result wasn't attracted to you (I guess we all have our preferences and he must really be into anorexic models), why did he get into a relationship with you in the first place and lead you on? That guy is a jerk.

• No its not true. But what is true is that he is a little bitch for telling you that. And he needs his ass kicked.

• Hmmm... some people are always good at looking at others and voicing their opinion, where they should take that finger and point it at themselves.

If you are comfortable with your appearance, then who cares what that loser thinks!

• Sounds to me like it's an invalid excuse, that he is fed up with you because he didn't give a valid reason. Nothing personal.

• Ok let's get the baseball bat shall we? he needs to shut. the. fuck. up.
    don't you dare let your confidence fall because of this by the way :)

• that's perfect because if we do the math you are good

you are 64 kg and you are 1.62 m so this is good "64 is close to 62" i hope you get it

and about your boyfriend he just was looking for a reason to leave.. let him go and find a new one, better one

• If that's you in your profile picture, then your ex boyfriend seriously needs to go get his eyes tested because you're not even close to being fat...

• Screw him, if he left you because of that he's either lying or a waste of time and probably both. He knew what you looked like before the relationship lol move on so many better guys out there. You may not see it now, but there are plenty. I promise

• Google this: "BMI calculator"
    It said your BMI is 24,77, which is normal.

It said you are normal. Unless your boyfriend likes only very-very slim girls, it was a bullshit excuse to ditch you.

• Tell him to fuck off. You're so much better than him.

• No, you're not.

You're boyfriend's a moron.

• You don't look fat at all to me at least
    And your cool just don't gain any you look pretty
    Don't be bothered about whatever he says :)

• When was the last time your boyfriend had his eyes checked?

• I'd hit it

• You ain't fat, your fine, you Bf is a fool

• If he doesn't like you just the way you are, then get over it u'll find the one.

• Ignore that fucking guy

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 33

• In no way, shape, or form are you fat. He was probably a butt head and it wouldn't matter to the right guy if you were 110lbs or hundreds more because if you were amazing and had amazing qualities someone who isn't shallow will realize that what's inside counts. In my opinion I would have punched your now ex- boyfriend like I would punch anyone who says that to me, no one should be told that whether they are overweight or not and it doesn't matter if they're a guy or girl. YOU person who asked this question are beautiful in your own way and it doesn't matter how much you weigh or what you look like.

• Thank you for your opinion

• This world needs more people like you

• Aww thanks, and who cares what others think. As long as you're happy with yourself then don't care about what anyone else says!

• No that is within a healthy weight range. Be glad your done with him. He sounds like a shallow asshole.

• Your ex boyfriend is a dickhead.
    You are fine, you are in the normal realms. I'm way fatter than you and only an inch taller.

Maybe he's gay or has a tiny dick and is busy hiding in the closet. Ignore him.

• screw him he is a douche

• First initial thoughts "OH HEEEEEEELLLLLL NO" "FUCK HIM" "WHY ARE YOU WITH HIM?"
    No man should EVER tell you how to feel about yourself, there really is no weight you should be (unless your doctor tells you otherwise haha) but at the ned of the day its if you feel that way. DO NOT let his negativity get to you. He is probably insecure and bringing it out on you and frankly doesn't love himself enough to even be able to love someone.
    not the answer to your question, and in all honesty, i didn't even read what your weight is because who the hell cares, it all comes down to you.

• If that is you in the photo than no. You definitely are not fat and you are better off without him. Generally I would say 5'4 and 143 is a little big since I am the same height and I look big at that weight. However you look amazing. I don't see fat at all on you. You have a nice body. So forget that asshole and you'll meet someone better.

• Your healthy, which is better than being a stick figure. So if he didn't like you for who you were and how you looked, your better off without him.

• Honey, everyone at that height, age and weight look different! You shouldn't be asking for opinions. All that matters is if you're happy with your body, nothing else. You're boyfriend was a douchebag and doesn't deserve you. Don't listen to him and find someone who loves you for who you are.

• Get rid of that asshole, a boyfriend should think you are perfect even with imperfections. You are beautiful. I'm weigh quite a bit more than you and I am the same height and my boyfriend loves it. He is just a dumbass. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Find someone way better and rub it in his face. Karma can be a bitch ;)

• Well, obviously, he's full of crap. Any man or boy or whatever that really cared about you would never say such a thing in the first place. Even if you were fat - which you're not - he would have to be pretty stupid to think you'd never noticed it before. You shouldn't care what that numbskull says. Nine times out of ten guys like that end up with shallow, vapid whores and then wonder why things turn out badly. Hahahaha just be yourself and if people don't like it... BRUSH IT OFF!

• That's healthy, he's a jerk

• Sweetie if he can only focus on your physical appearance and not see the love you have to give, his opinion should be the last thing you think about.

• He's gaslighting, or trying to. Either that or he prefers the body of an 8 year old boy instead? In any case, he's not all there mentally. It's all bad.

• You look to be of a normal weight but 143 sounds a tad high for 5'4".

Fuck him though, you're cute and I'm sure other guys agree

• You don't look fat at all. Dump that guy he is a dick! Date someone that makes u feel good about yourself. Not a jerk like him!

• I don't think you're fat at all. But if you're 16.. It only goes up from there so maybe you should try to get down to 120? Like most girls your age?

You look normal to me though..

• He sounds like a prick. I wish I was 143, but I'm 5'5 and 150. Sooooooo I'm pretty sure I'm not fat (just a little chubby) and I'm also a healthy BMI, so you probably are too.

• Not too fat. Just a little on the heavier side. Is your bf suffering from fatism?

• No you're not fat your boyfriend is just a jerk

• he's an asshole you are not fat!!!

• No ur not. Ur bf is a jerk

• No you're not fat! That boy needs an ass wiping.

• don't concentrate on size, it whether you are healthy or not. And your really not fat, it's your ex that has the problem.

• His opinion shouldn't matter. Change ur hair, get ur body at a place that YOU feel comfortable and go get a cuter boyfriend

• Fat... wow.. dump thay douche and keep it moving. You are fine.

• No way hun not if dats u in your pic u luk skinny an nice :-) xxx

• No, he's a assholem

• You ain't fat

• From your profile pic, you aren't fat at all. You deserve better.

• U look fine.

• More from Girls
    3