Which guy do you find more attractive?

Guy 1:
- 5'3''
- dropped out of PhD. program
- was fired after the job he took afterwards and got unenployed after that for like 6 months
- is nice
- is creative (plays guitar, draws and paints fairly well)

Guy 2:
- 6'3''
- attended Imperial college. Finished PhD. program at the same chair as guy #1
- got scholarship from different instituions to finance his study and Ph.D. program
- is a little bit of a a-hole. But that's probably only the perception of lesser accomplished people.

• Guy #1
  • Guy #2 (D'uh)
  • results only
Most of you voted guy #1. Is it really because guy #1 is more attractive or is it because guy #2 is more of a turn off? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to "which person is more attractive" questions, the dealbreakers matter more than the positives.

Guy 1:
    - A quitter (this is a big one)
    - Doesn't appear to be able to hold down a job & support himself
    - Lack of a job may be the fault of the economy, but it doesn't state the reason he was fired so...

Guy 2:
    - Has a job, but being around him would be a f*cking chore because he's an asshole

Neither one sounds like a catch, to be honest. Of the 2, Guy 1 is more attractive (because he's guaranteed to be nice), but I wouldn't necessarily enter into any situation where our lives/finances seriously mingled.

What Girls Said 19

• Guy 2 - who says he's an a-hole?
    I believe it may just be perception of others - that are jealous of him...
    IF it turns out he's a major jack**s, doesn't treat people right, is mean and unnerving, then I wouldn't be with him either.
    The guy No.1 is as short as me, which wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I would feel like walking with my little brother... so... Weird for me. o. O
    Also, why did he drop out? If it was sheer laziness, then I certainly wouldn't want to be with a guy like that. A driven guy who knows what he wants and is going for it - somoene who won't be a couch potato is what I'm looking for.
    I'm creative enough for the both of us, so as long as he can appreciate that, he doesn't have to be creative at all...
    Also - being creative is subjective. I'm very critical when it comes to music and art in general, so what he calls 'creative' may be below average for me and it would just annoy me when he's dabbling into his 'guitar playing' while my ears are bleeding. o. O

It all depends on perception and what and who they actually are.

• I wouldn't date either lol

• lol. why not?

• Neither guy sounds like my cup of tea.

Because they both appear to have too many issues in a way lol.

How about a guy who is 5'10-6'2.
      Laid back.
      With a bachelor's and a stable job or
      high school diploma and his own company. And simply likes/knows how to have a good time.

Is that too
      much to ask?

• And he doesn't have to be fabio or tom cruise or denzel or leonardo dicaprio.

Just give me tom who frequents the local mom and pop cofee shop with average looks lol.

• Guy 2 because he can seems to work hard. I don't care about the height or the level of his degree.

• I'll choose guy 2, I can deal with assholes as long as they are good listeners.

• Whichever guy is Asian

• Guy #2! Omg, guy #2 for the win!!

• Guy #2 whitout a doubt.

• lol. why?

• First of all Im 5'6 so I could not date someone 5'3. If we don't look at the height at all, then I would still choose #2, from those very few informations. #1 is unemployed and maybe #2 seems like an asshole, but hey, I too seem like a bitch if you don't know me, so.

• Thanks for your take.

• Only guy 2. I don't date men under 6'3.

• I voted guy one, simply because I don't believe I could stand guy two. He definitely sounds like a turn off. There's no excuse for being an a-hole.

• It's only the perception of lesser accomplished people have about him. I'm sure he is nice to his friends/family/etc.

People who are accomplished, quick thinkers, know what they want usually come off as a-holish. It doesn't mean they are.

• Haha I see :) Well, who she might like, or come to like (if either), is probably going to have little to do with the information you've posted. It's way too objective. You can't always predict how chemistry works.

• Yeah, but I think it basically comes to these defining factors:
      - physical appearance (esp. height or lack thereof)
      - personality
      - intellect/accomplishment

I would dare to say that being "nice" wouldn't come off as a positive trait than it is being a tiny bit of an a-hole.

• You clearly made guy #2 look better.

It's not fair, the options have to be equal.

I voted for guy #2 though :p

• What do you mean equal? That's the way they are.

• The first guy: does not have a drivers license and does not like being in the water. He doesn't like dogs and he wears glasses.

• That makes him seem a lot cooler.^^

• Guy 1 since I don't need any more a-hole in my life.
    I don't mind if he's short as long as he is taller than me.
    And people can change for the better. I WILL MAKE HIM CHANGE LOL xD

• What do you mean with "I WILL MAKE HIM CHANGE"? Are you referring to guy #1 or #2?

• I see. But why can't you make the guy #2 change into less of an a-hole? I mean then he would be like perfect, wouldn't he?

• Ehhh no. Not sure but #2 doesn't strike me enough.
      And I'm more into artistic people to be honest.
      A nice guy is better than a a-hole to begin with.

• If guy 1 is open minded and easy going then I'd pick him for sure.

• But he is short. And why don't you think guy #2 can't be open minded?

• Height doesn't matter to me.
      Also, guy #2 is described to be a bit of an a-hole so I made the stupid assumption he would be a bigot, which is a deal breaker. Whoops.

• i always go for creative guys who appreciate art.
    it's guy #1 for me!

• I would pick Guy #2!

• Guy #1 He's short but.. Still taller than me lol. Seems like a good guy.

If that's all you have to say about Guy #2, he seems like a workaholic. And that combined with asshole? Seems like the guy girls would marry for money. No thanks.

• i dont think I've ever met a guy that was 5'3... is that possible?

• hahahahaha...

• i wasn't trying to be funny honestly...

• oh... Well, it is possible. Still funny. XD

• Guy 1. But I don't think I would date him

• Why do you find him more attractive yet would not date him?

• Sorry Spartan

I meant @TheSpartan xD

• Yeah, and I don't understand it when guys do it, too. It is really weird. I honestly think guys whom prefer short girls are just insecure idiots whom aren't confident about their masculinity.

• Honestly, it's quite hard to choose. As from the description given, the characteristics of the 2 guys only shows their scholastic records, and how the other one is an a-hole. I'd rather not decide, as I believe there's more in a person than what's given.

• I gave information about the his physical appearance, personality as well as intellectual capacity.

• Personally, what you gave are not enough to decide. So Na-duh.

• There's nothing wrong with Guy 1
    IF
    he gets off his ass
    and chooses WISELY next time - very SOON
    and puts his shoulder into it
    THEN
    he would be voted #1

• Why? He is basically not as intelligent as the other guy and is short.

• sorry if I won't present the fish for which you are fishing

• No need to be sorry. :) Thanks for replying.

What Guys Said 7

• Most girls would choose Guy 2 because Guy 1 is a nice guy!

• ... and because he's short. lol

• Le chickas would go for guy 2.. Obviously.

• True. But so many voted for guy #1. lol

• They're bullshitting lol

• Yes I see but only because this is GaG. If you ask this question in the outer world where the pool of answer is much broad, guy 2 is the choice. Also because they are aware.

• We both know that guy 2 is going to win. Come on--6'3 vs. 5'3? Unless the 5'3 guy is a multi-millionaire brain surgeon and ridiculously fit, he is going to lose. Even then he might lose.

• The funny thing is a lot of girls would go for guy #1. XD It's probably pity vote only.

• Hmm i dont know, some girls find short guys just as attractive as a guy who is over 6 foot

• Perhaps a small minority would, but that isn't true for the vast majority of the female population. Studies are pretty conclusive on that.

• i voted the first guy because he's 5'3" and i'm afraid no girl would vote him basically :-/

• pity vote?

• Do you think the girls who vote for #1 are just bs-ing themselves?

• A guy number two obviously and plus he is really short for a guy 5'3 some women are such liars.

• I don't know

• I pick guy #1 . :)
    I don't care what you guys think, I pick who I think is attractive. >:T