What do you do when you notice people alter how they look digitally?

I'm not talking about what they can achieve with clever posing or camera angles, makeup, cropping the pic, using IG filters or change the saturation, temperature, exposure and contrast of the pic. I'm talking about the people who use beauty apps or photoshop to change the size and shape of their face and body parts.

Do you call them out, because it could potentially harm the self esteem of people who can't spot signs of photoshopping (yet)?
Do you let it go, because you think those who develop self esteem issues from looking at photoshopped pictures are stupid and it's not your problem that they don't educate themselves?
Does it depend on whether you know them or pity them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't call them out because everyone has their own insecurities, and obviously the people editing their pics have insecurities too.
    I have acne and I edit it out I pictures because I'm just not confident enough to let the whole world see it. But if anyone asks if I've edited pictures I'm completely fine with telling them. Is rather just take a minute and edit the picture but love it, than take it hate it and never look at it again

What Guys Said 4

• Don't notice don't know how to do it lol.

I hate most of my pics especially selfies because they don't match what I see in the mirror. But ultimately I want pics that look like me. If people like them it feels good, if I'd doctored them it would feel like... They liked my photoshop skills.

• i believe they're just insecure and they cannot accept themselves as they are basically

• I just ignore them. People who do this, are not worth much to me

• I just laugh at them. Its pretty easy to spot photoshopped picture.

• Is it? :/ Cause those 40 people who commented on that pic have not

• Yeah, but not everyone is an expert in that field. I kinda worry about the minors here who don't know yet that certain things are physically impossible and think if they starve just a little more, they could look like that.

Haha, me too xD I wonder if we're talking about the same people ;D

• Yeah exactly, you are right.

I have seen quite a few girls here (with lower xper points), but don't remember the exact usernames. But they should know that duplicate accounts, anonymous identities, photoshopped photos can be checked.

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't even know that was a thibg people do.

can you update with and example to see?

• Unless it's a real bad job of photoshop I rarely notice.

• Link to the one you're talking about?

I never say anything. Its theInternet.