Guys; do you prefer women to shave or not shave?

Just wondering. I don't shave my legs because there is really no logical need. Do guys have prefernces for that? What about arms and armpits?

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally, shaving those areas is the norm for women in Western culture. So when we see a woman who does not, it looks weird. If a woman has very light hair on her arms, it is generally acceptable to not shave there. The legs look strange though, if not shaved. I once had a girlfriend that shaved below her hem line and not above. It was a surprise, but was not unacceptable. It was fine for me, though the legs feel better when smooth. I have never dated a woman who did not shave her armpits, but have considered the possibility and it would not bother me. In some ways it would be a bit of a turn on, that she was natural.

As far as the pubic area goes, I enjoy seeing that and hair hides it. And honestly because of your age I can't say more without sounding bad.

What Guys Said 29

• Shave please, you'll look much better. I dislike body hair, not just in women, but in men too, so a girl with body hair is something I really dislike. I don't expect you to shave every day and keep it completely smooth every day, but shaving every week yeah.

• Shave. I've always felt that girls should shave. I've been thinking that since I heard that men grow a lot of hair on their body naturally while women tend to be hairless. So, that has made me feel more attracted to girls who shave.

• women don't tend to be hairless if they have to shave. lol.

• I know that. I'm just saying what got me thinking about the whole women are hairless part. Of course I know that women are not hairless.

• Not a popular opinion but you do have some dude's on your side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2075Xp9Cw

.

• I think it's groovy cool when a woman goes natural, baby.

feminspire.com/.../...woman-by-hair-in-hoboken.jpg

• I really don't care as long as she doesn't look like Sasquatch.

• ok, thats understandable.

• I really don't give a shit about "societal expectations" and never really did. So I'm probably in the vast minority here.

• Arms - Do not shave unless you have the hair of a man
    Armpits - Please shave
    Legs - just shave every once in a while so that they don't look like man legs
    Pubes - just trim or landing strip.

• I prefer a woman to have a clean shave, pretty much everywhere. Her arm hair if its light isn't a big deal, but armpits, legs and pubic area should be smooth. I just consider it good hygiene. That's like a man asking why he should shower and clean up before a date. It's just common sense.

• not really, cleaning up is hygiene. shaving is because of pressure from the media and double standards.

• It is. Men have leg hair so why aren't they expected to shave? Its BS. Most shaving (legs and arms) isn't really hygienic. The style is your opinion.

• @Asker To each their own then, no one is forcing you to shave. From my point of view, it shows that she likes to take care of herself and be clean. Most gynecologists do recommend women to shave their pubic hair, and even most women don't want men to have a 70's bush down there. Trimming and shaving does fall under personal hygiene. It's also a common courtesy to your partner.

• Everything below the neck, please.

• why though? having hair is natural.

• Hahaha wow! How did we go from shaving to the media? Honeybun, the media has no say in whether or not we should shave or not!! Attraction is based off of primal senses in our unconscious mind that were established before man evolved!! And I don't even use deodorant, I don't have to because I shower everyday and use a little bit of natural perfume. I barely even sweat. Deodorant actually causes u to sweat more because it clogs the pores. I shave because being hairless is way more comfortable. It feels amazing to have smooth skin!! And hair gets itchy, especially on hot days.
      Long/thick hair in the pubic hair is unhygienic and causes infections because bacteria latches onto the hair, so when u go to the restroom, no matter how good u wipe, bacteria will stay there until u shower and actually wash down there with soap.

• 'the media has no say'

Yeah, right. 90% of us are fashion victims whether we admit to it or not. If everyone you were exposed to in the media was unshaven; if shaving equipment wasn't marketed so heavily, I guarantee you that most people would not shave. Societal norms dictate what is deemed acceptable and attractive, and atm that is the hairless look.

• Yes, shave everything. I want my girl to be as hairless as possible :D.

• why?

• @idkwtftoputhere Yes, even all the hair in her nose! /joke

Lol you know what I mean >_>;

• Oh bullshit hair is natural for everyone. If you don't like it you don't like it but stop claiming there is something natural about man hair and unnatural about woman hair. It's idiotic.

• Not shaved is way better. Keep the hair, it protects the yeast infection and is much sexier

• I seriously don't care, body hair is natural. Just be you.

• i have no problem with not shaving if you are blond
    but otherwise you have more arm/leg hair than me!
    i have white-blond hair :p

• I love my woman with beard.

• I like it shaved... to me its more attractive and easier to enjoy lol

• I like smooth skin

• "Just wondering."

Are you sure you didn't ask this so you could argue with people that shaving is because of pressure from the media?

• I prefer shaved, it's more feminine.

• Shaving is important young pearl

• Somewhere in between

• Think about all the things you could be doing with that time instead.

• Shaved or trimmed. As long as it's neat and clean.

• Arms and legs- shaved or waxed
      Armpits- Shaved
      Vagina- Shaved or Trimmed. I don't mind a little bit of hair but no bush, no guy wants to floss.

• I need smooth velvet touch... Wax or shave girls... ;)

• I prefer her to shave. and I like a little landing strip.

• big foot has hair all over lol

• wax is the best :p

• Either shave it all or keep a good low trim down there. Usually more mature men would appreciate some pube hair but now typically it has to be bald

• Legs- I don't care
    Arms- I don't care
    Armpits- yeah unshaven is kinda a turnoff

• Shave. I shave and trim all over, return the favor.

• If I found a girl to be hairy all over like a cave girl...

http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

What Girls Said 8

• I think it is extremely gnarly when a girl doesn't shave her legs or armpits. I've actually had this conversation wit many guys and all of them said even if the girl had a hot body and a gorgeous face, if the legs and armpits were hairy it is an immediate turn off and they'd pray she did not see them looking at her and if she did they would run for the hills before she talked to them. However, it's ridiculous to shave the arms, hair there is already light and short so if u shaved them it would just make the hair darker and thicker so no point in shaving arms.
    Now, considering pubic hair, now days it is normal to shave and many guys and girls prefer it shaved. Not only does a fresh shave make sex feel a billion times better in my opinion, it does look sexier and it is more comfortable! When you have a bunch of hair down there it gets all itchy and can make lace and silk panties (which is all I own) very uncomfortable. It doesn't have to be completely bald, as long as it's trimmed nicely. Nobody likes a thick bush! It's not sexy whatsoever, embarrassing, uncomfortable, itchy, and completely unhygienic!
    Many doctors do recommend shaving and keeping pubic hair short to avoid bladder infections and other diseases!! I have had that conversation with my gynecologist

• I think the leg shaving is because of media and that. there's no point to it and I'm not changing my looks just because of what others thing. The armpit hair gets in the way for some of the sports I do so I get rid of that.

• Not to mention how itchy it gets with tights! Why did you ask this question if u just wanted to argue with people instead of getting truthful opinions.
      Also, tell me, if being naked is natural, why don't we all run around in the nude? We shouldn't clip our nails either, just let the bacteria and grime build up underneath them, it's natural right? Urinating and pooping is natural so why don't we just take a squat anywhere? Toilet paper isn't natural and animals don't wipe, so why should we then? Sweating is natural, so why shower? Why not just get a bunch if acne and smell like shit all the time? Hell, if we crap wherever we want I'm sure body odor won't bother anyone. It's the exact same concept!
      So your argument is invalid, just saying. Normally I wouldn't care what your opinion is, but it's the fact u seem to have the need to argue with anyone who said otherwise. But you don't have a valid argument so u need to stop trying to argue with people and appreciate the comment.

• I don't mind if it's trimmed.

• Shaving is a needless time consuming activity that women are expected to take part in because society has created an image of a women to be thin, yet curvy, hairless and gorgeous from head to toe. The only thing I would tell you to do is trim the pubic area as excess hair can lead to an increased risk of several infections. Its the body's main defense against STDs. Dont get rid of it. Shaving arms? Needlessly created by society, the hair isn't even all that dark unless you constantly shave it. Leg hair? It is initially light on the onset of puberty and will remain at its lightest tone up until you begin shaving as all hair after shaving will become thicker and darker. Armpits? Not really a necessity as long as you have good hygiene. Sometimes having too much hair there can trap odor causing bacteria so you can shave it every couple weeks if you'd like but still not necessary. The idea that men won't like you is foolish because I've gotten plenty of guys to stay interested in me and even caught my fiancee so dont worry. Its about having common sense.

• I think tons of guys do find women who are hairless from the head down attractive since that is media's representation of what a woman should appear to be. However, if you're going to remove body hair, do it for yourself... not to please others. Some guys out there don't give a damn either way lol

• It's a good thing I don't give a shit about what guys prefer.

• You should. I know i don't get as much atgention from my husband when I don't shave my legs, arm pits and down south. He likes me to at least try to keep up with it because he doesn't want to feel like he's in a relationship with a man.

• To shave or not to shave that is the question

• In my experience it really depends on what the guys preferences are

• i saw this girl with major hairy legs and i was like:

31.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_mmhmtmCDYU1qz4rgp.gif

• so? who are you to judge?