18 and never been asked out? 😔 (rate me)?

I know this is really pathetic. Even today my aunt asked me if I had a bf. I said no. She said "oh thats not good. Isn't it kind of late? Aren't you almost 19?" My friends all have boyfriends. And when they were single different boys would ask them to school dances every time. I never even get asked to a dance let alone get asked out on a date. I've never been kissed or had a bf. 😟😞😣 I'm shy and don't really talk to boys. If they talk to me of course I reply but it's rare that boys even speak to me. i have had one guy like me my entire life and I liked him back but I found out he had a girlfriend so I tried to forget him. I know it has to be my looks because I know girls that have similar personalities as me that date and get so much more attention from boys. I am SO worried I'll never get asked out or have a boyfriend. Please don't lie when you rate me. 18 and never been asked out? 😔 (rate me)?

• Four
  • Five
  • Six
  • Seven
  • Eight

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the thing is, guys have a mindset that works like this (most guys that is, there are the exceptions ofcourse)
    THey see a good looking girl, now they think one of two things.
    1. She's good looking she must have a lot of guys after her so there's not point in me even trying. Better I move on. If every guys you meet has this mind set your not going to get approached or talked to or asked out by any guy right?

Or there's the other

2. she's good looking and I'm not so she's up there and I'm not in her league. Gotta stick to my league and even if I try with her she's just put me back in "my place" and I'll have my heart broken. Better I move on. Now with this, the same as above will happen, basically nothing for you.

So, how to change this. Good question, not easy. THe easiest way is to talk to a lot of people, sooner or later you'll meet a guy whos the exception :) and whilst talking to more people more guys will see your a down to earth Lady who isn't that intimidating and easy to talk to (I'm assuming here though :) )

I hope that kinda helps you out :) Any questions or anything, you know where to find me :)

• Thanks I just wish I wasn't so shy. It's my own fault.

• No worries, your welcome :)
      Shy... when you say shy what do you mean? What makes you say your shy?

• Well I don't really talk to many people unless they talk to me first. Including other girls. I don't make friends easily but I talk to people when they talk to me. I am quiet and a lot of people think I'm shy. Just not super outgoing and talkative.

What Guys Said 39

• 2|3
  • Its not your looks. Maybe you come off as too insecure or too unapproachable (due to being so selfconscious). You're young though so I wouldn't worry too much. I knew girls that never had a boyfriend and as soon as they hit college things did a 180. Even there the guys can be immature and not be able to work up the courage.

Ill assume you don't come office an easy chick that makes guys think she's a quick hook up, in which case the confident guys at that age will likely look elsewhere. That's not ALWAYS the case, but confident young guys are often also looking for the easy pickings. They wouldn't be serious even if they did take an interest.

• Do you mean the popular guys? But either way the confident guys are in relationships. Most have been in one for almost a year and even the unpopular confident guys are in relationships. I realize my shyness is a factor but like I said there's girls like me that have been asked out. You're right that I'm not easy but I'm not that insecure. Like I'm not as self concious as you made me sound.

• You should do that regardless. You'll get better at talking to strangers which will come in handy outside of romance (networking for your profession down the road). Also, you'll definitely make yourself stand out more. It's also a skill, so the more you do it the better you'll get at it. So when you do meet the right guy for you, you will be much more likely to smooth talk your way into his head and heart. Also it will get you used to rejection that will inevitably happen. That is a really important skill/attribute to obtain. Being able to deal with and get past rejection quickly will give you a big leg up in life.

The benefits FAR outweigh the downsides. So do it up. With that though, easier said than done. Keep at it though and it will get easier with time.

• Women can choose, and they usually do, before the guy even talks to them. Like I said, if I walk into a room, I might notice anywhere from 2-10 women I'm attracted to. From there the non-verbal flirting cues start. Now maybe in the whole room, not one sends anything back. That sucks, but usually that isn't the case. Granted they usually won't ALL send such signals unless you're a dream model, but most guys will get some type of response from some. From there, he takes the next step. He might not be the most attractive guy in the room, but he doesn't have to be. Just has to make the move first.

Technically the same applies to women. A woman that I was attracted to, if she made a move before I made a move on another woman, that might be enough on its own to change my interest. Confidence and outgoing actions are very attractive to me. So that's how it goes sometimes.

• Really? Just one guy has liked you? Well I think you're beautiful. Not trying to be nice here, just honest, but I think 8 is low for you. You do have a pretty smile and I like your face.
    I don't think being "ugly" is your problem, because you're clearly not ugly, at all. I think your problem is that you're too shy. You gotta put yourself out there, talk to guy. I know you may not be comfortable at first, but once you practice and you realize guys are easy to talk with, you'll be more comfortable and guys will see this and start to approach you more often.
    Like one guy said, you're still 18, many guys at that age are still shy and scared to ask out a girl, so just give it time, I'm pretty sure that when you go to college you'll have many guys over you.
    Like I said, you're beautiful, don't worry :)

• Yeah I know. It's just my personality. I try to not be shy and talk to guys but they just respond like they are totally uninterested and ignore me then go talk to someone else. But thanks

• You haven't been asked out because you're 18 - most guys are still pussies at that age. Just wait a little while and it'll come.

• Thanks for reading my question haha I feel like nobody even read it and just rated me.

• No Problem. I didn't have the balls to ask a girl out until I was about 20

• I find it interesting that people complicate this more than it needs to be. If you wear outfits consistently like the ones you have posted and you don't act approachable then you have your answer. You show very little skin and guys respond to skin and confidence along with flirting.

In the past guys could more safely approach girls without fear of getting in trouble with society or the law. If you want guys to approach you then act approachable, wear slightly more revealing clothing, and flirt. It's not too difficult. Guys are pretty simple when it comes to women.

Society seems to think 'natural' male to female interaction is 'wrong'. But in reality males are typically more aggressive and females show off what they have going on to draw guys in. UNLESS the females are in some sort of arranged marriage type situation.

tl;dr flirt, show off what you've got and you'll probably have to beat the guys off with a stick (assuming you're healthy).

• Assuming I'm healthy?

• Are you talking about if my body looks good? Like If I'm skinny or obese?

• Sort of, yes. But you don't need to be 'skinny'. Oddly enough males naturally prefer something more toward the middle between really skinny and obese. Because females do NEED fat contrary to what society will tell you.

Your fat, as a female, will/should collect toward your backside, your hips, and your thighs. That is how estrogen distributes fat. It also takes into account your body's symmetry among other things. Essentially if you look 'good' to males that's probably because you're healthy.

But if you cover yourself up then males have nothing to respond to. Males are very visual creatures. We biologically respond to stimulai we see such as breasts, hips, and what we consider a pretty face.

• I say 9 / 10 . You honestly look younger than 18 , but incredibley pretty none the less.

• Yeah I know haha I look young but thank you very much :)

• You are most welcome young Lady

• Thing is, u dont make urself look approachable or ur beauty could be intimidating so they rather not risk rejections and humiliation.

• I'm shy and I dont really talk to people unless they talk to me first. Let alone talk to a guy I like.

• That's true but the guys are more confident than me yet they don't approach me.

• Ur too beaautiful baby. They know ur gonna reject the cuz ur outta their league so they rather not risk the humilation i suppose.

• I think you're pretty damned cute. The guys around you must just suck at life apparently.

• Thanks but No they're good guys.

• Maybe your shyness is just off putting to them. Some guys aren't sure how to approach shy girls and some even think they seem kind of stuck up. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you, you're quite pretty and you'll find someone, I'd put money on it. For now, you should take the time to focus on you.

• You are a very pretty young lady. you should stop worrying about what other people say, or listening to peer pressure, and just live your life how you like. Your time will come with men

As for rating, you are definitely a 11/10

• I hope so and thank you:)

• No need to thank someone for being honest to you.

And, believe me, it is certain that your time with men will come.

• I think you're pretty. I think judging by what I see, you don't seem like one of those really-hot-and-stupid types. Consider that a blessing!

• 7.5 which is really good considering you're not fully done maturing either which will most likely mean you will look even better as you get older.

• Thank you:)

• It's in my question but 18

• Oh ahah lol giiggity I'd romantically date you in a heart beat and not even worry about the price of the check I'd pay for the whole meal then personally hand feed you the food my self lol. Sorry I am a pervert ^_^ and its also a fetish of mine to hand feed a hot girl like you food https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF7cbKMJ-rg

• I couldn't imagine guys not wanting to ask you out. You're not attending a school for the blind by chance are you?

• No haha. :/

• Intimidating? What do you mean by that? Is that bad?

• No intimidating is a really good thing it means guys think so highly of you they chicken out when it comes to asking you out.

• I say rate you a 7 your very pretty

• Uh... you're actually kind of hot, to be completely honest. I'm not sure if this is a serious question.

• I'd rate you at least an 8. You're very pretty. Also, I have no idea how you have never been asked out because I'd ask you out in a heartbeat

• If that is really you in the picture then I don't see what the problem is... do you live in a small town?

• No. My school has over 1500 kids

• Your attractive, but i would definitely get rid of the bangs.

• Don't compare yourself with others, don't let people decide for you when you should be in a relationship. You look really pretty by the way, so don't worry :)

• Your cute and really beautiful
    Don't worry you will get a good guy some day
    All you gotta do right now is to be patient and not feel low at all
    Be rest assured that you're pretty :)

• Omg love at first sight lol. 10/10.
    Message me so i can talk to you :)

• You're gorgeous outta 10.

• Omg you're cute especially in the second picture! 😍

• I would date you if I didn't have a girlfriend already and we lived in the same area

• Ok thanks but I don't know what you even look like.

• I just uploaded a profile pic so you can see what I look like

• You are 8/10 😊 you look beautiful... I would ask you out if I was in your country... 😎😉

• Thank you very much :)

• I think you're an 8. Surprised you haven't been approached.

• your very pretty you will find some one, some one will see you and can't stop looking at you, guys are real shy these days to.

• I think your totes adorbs. Where do you live?

• Under 18... Yeah I'd prefer to not rate you but you seem to be very pretty. You'll have dudes asking you out in the next couple of years don't worry.

• It says she's 18 in her question..

• Sometimes I smile and give short answers but I try to continue the conversation but this rarely happens because guys rarely talk to me so I don't know.

• @asker I have no idea then. You must be reflecting something that makes the guys second guess.

Looks: ✓
      Personality: It's Ok to be shy ✓
      Mood: ? only you know what you are reflecting
      Confidence: Your situation proves how important this is. Try working on how you carry yourself when interacting with others.

• You look good

• Want to go out beautiful?

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 22

• You're really pretty! (But tbh you look a lot younger than 18 but idk) Maybe guys aren't as into you because you don't talk much. Trust me, I'm the same way. I'm terrified of meeting new people, and I'm really bad at talking to people even in my family (anxiety problems). But I figured out that if you talk to people first (it doesn't have to be a deep convo or anything serious) then it helps build your charismatic skills. I suggest small talk. You know, maybe ask them about their shoes or the weather or the time or something. I know how hard it is, but practice makes perfect! 👌 So in other words talk to people and they'll talk to you! Maybe for your first practice time don't talk to a boy you are extremely interested in, and instead talk to someone who seems like he'd make a good friend. Again, practice makes perfect I also suggest practicing in the mirror, because that helped me somewhat, also. Good luck!

• Thank you for the suggestions. I felt so awful after hearing what my aunt said. I'm shy and I feel like guys will ignore me because I tried once and they didn't seem interested.

• Hmm... well trying again is always an option 😉 everyone fails at some point with that stuff

• I'm not going to rate you because I have strong opinions on things like these but I think you are absolutely beautiful and there is no need for you to feel weird or even worried that you've never had a bf. It isn't because of your looks, you maybe just haven't found someone yet. From my experience just try and be more open and positive and just love yourself because you are amazing and it will create this great energy around which guys will be drawn to. Good luck! xx

• Aw thanks. I'm really shy so it's hard for me to even talk to people let alone a guy I hardly know.

• You're beautiful, all you have to do is put yourself out there, next time you see an attractive guy just casually talk to them don't be creepy just be subtle, if your in a cafe and you see a guy alone just ask if you can join him you'll never know what might happen, and if all your friends have boyfriends maybe ask them if they can set you up, you will find a few guys who are horrible but you might find a keeper, so just be confident its really sexy trust me and promise me to smile more often :) Also if you can't get attention from guys wear some read lipstick or a new outfit express yourself someone might be attracted to something different, good luck! x

• Thank you so much. I'm really shy so I can't just talk to guys. Plus I tried once and he just said one word and ignored me

• Just try to build up your confidence and you will meet some guys who just aren't interested but never give up and keep trying!

• Mosh my lord I don't know what is more upsetting, that people haven't told you how beautiful you are or the fact that you even doubted yourself, your gorgeous. And you shouldn't care about not having a boyfriend at that age. I'm only 15 but I strongly believe that people in this generation are in too much of a hurry to grow up. Love will come, and I refuse to vote on this question because I can't seem to locate the "perfect" button :)

• U are really pretty. Maybe guys avoid u coz they don't want to feel intimidated. Can we be friends plzzzzzz? I like you already. Pls text me.

• Thank you. And yes of course!

• If you're still struggling you can try dating websites. Honestly you're a pretty girl, be wary of some people dating websites and don't attempt to meet up with them in a private place. Always somewhere public just in case. Good luck! If you want to ever talk don't be too shy to inbox me :)

• Thanks but I don't do dating sites lol

• You're so pretty!

• You are so beautiful and your figure is to die for!! :)

• thanks you're pretty too

• Wait, why are numbers 9 and 10 not included in the poll?

• I saw other people ask this and they didn't put 9 or 10.

• You look pretty.
    Don't hurry things up, everything comes at its time

• I guess you are shy and introvert so guys can't approach you easily..
    it could be many things really but it's definitely not the looks

• Thank you and yes I think so I wish I wasn't so shy :/

• Thank you. It did help. I think I just need to stop being so shy especially around boys and talk and be more sociable.

• You got it! haha

• You look really young to me 15-16!
    But you are beautiful, no lies!

• I think you're pretty but you look so young! Maybe that's why.

• I dont think that's it because senior boys go out with freshman but ok

• Ur a pretty girl but self pity is ugly

• You're pretty! You look young though

• There is no 9 on the pole :(

• I'd give a 8/10

• You're so cute! It's gonna happen soon. Guys might be intimidated

• I hope so and thank you

• At least a 6 or a7 you aren't bad looking at all

• You're really pretty! Maybe the guys are just shy.

• Lots of girls your age have never had a boyfriend before, so I wouldn't really worry much about it, the time will come. Plus you're really pretty so don't worry about it.

• Thank you i hope it will

• Welcome, and I'm sure it will.

• You're frikken cuteeeee!!!
    Here's the deal.. I'm going to be 21 in June and I haven't had a bf nor have I been on a "real" date. All through Jr. High and High School I remained in the "friendzone" with most guys. Schools (grades 1-12) tend to be small communities so its hard to find someone.
    After graduating I've met plenty of guys, been randomly approached at the uni, at clubs, on the train, at a coffee shop. I predict the same thing for you lol you just need to escape the tiny community that is high school and you'll meet someone great who expresses plenty of interest in you.
    Just please don't fall for the first sweet talker :p

• Aw thanks I bet you are too. I Am so happy to hear that because I'm honestly worried and after hearing what my aunt said I was just sad. But my school has good guys. It's big. Like 1800 people but yet I never get asked out or have a guy interested in me or even talk to me that much :/

• My grad class had 600 people meaning around 300 guys haha so fairly big as well! 300 x 3 equals to a high school population of 900 "men". LOL in all fairness you'd probably only go for like 10 of them anyways right? ;)
      I can guarantee that you'll find someone soon, and as far as your aunts comment goes... you should tell her your waiting for someone special! My dad always jokes about when I'll bring a guy home and I tell him that I can bring one off the street in about 5 seconds if he really wants me to! Its not quantity its quality

• I'm just really shy. I can't really talk to people unless they talk to me first. let alone a guy I like haha