Why are darkskinned blacks made fun of so much?

I'm a very dark skinned male and I constantly get made fun of because i'm really black. I got an email directed to me saying: "Dear, Crispy. You look like an ashy frog and I bet your black ass couldn't catch flies." These kind of things make me upset and sometimes I wish I was white.

Most Helpful Guy

• "These kind of things make me upset and sometimes I wish I was white."
    My instincts are screaming troll...
    Either way, it's a global mindfuck that many people won't acknowledge either because they generally don't know or because they don't wanna admit it. It's all about privilege man, people of color who are lighter know they have privilege and but they don't want to admit it. It's really sad bro, when you try to talk about white privilege and things like skin lighting creams perpetrating self-hate, you're met with cynicism and reverse racism from people who are basically telling you to shut-up and not expose the fuckery.

When privilege is threatened, the fear reigns supreme - Lowkey
    The standard of beauty in other cultures are being stamped out though European sponsored propaganda and media bombardment that promote self-hate in all corners of the earth.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's because we don't match traditional beauty standards so people think it's okay to make fun of us. Same as when people get made fun of for big noses, small eyes, etc.
    but people are really mean when it comes to being dark skinned. I've had a lot of people say things things that really messed up my self esteem as a kid

• Because of being white washed.

• it all go back to racialism, Just screw them
    Black skin is beautiful, you be proud of it

What Guys Said 3

• We live in a world where European features are highly regarded and are seen as the standard of beauty. People of darker complexion goes completely against this idea of what beauty is. The media/society constantly tells us that pale/light skin tone is beautiful, thus making those of a darker shade feel completely out of the loop.

But don't get down about it, because at the end of the day we are all humans who simply have different complexion due to where our distant ancestors originated from. Don't let a brainwash society or ignorant people make you feel bad about yourself.

• There are always people who're losers in real life so they have to feel superior just based on the color of their skin.

• People have been taught to hate dark skin.