Do you think I would look good blonde? I want to do the ombre hairstyle and go pretty light but would I look bad with blonde hair?

My friends think I should do it but my boyfriend thinks I might look better with darker hair rather than lighter. I want to go lighter for spring so here I am for opinions from unbiased people haha :D

My plan is NOT to dye my whole head. Look up ombre (because I can't figure out how to post pictures here or else I would) - it's only partial. My plan is definitely not to bleach my whole head platinum blonde I am fully aware I would look ridiculous lol ombré just lightens the ends

Most Helpful Guy

• My feeling first said no... but I started thinking why and it may simply be the relatively dark colour of your lip gloss.
    So I googled for pics of blonde girls and indeed they all use transparent lip gloss so if you try blonde you may need to change that.
    I'm not an expert of course, just my first inpiration :-)

• haha totally possible, could be the eye shadow too maybe? I'm also not gonna do it to the roots! :)

• Yeah could be... my first impression was that it has to do with contrast :-)
      However with some adjustments it will most probably look nice on you!

What Guys Said 11

• I think dark colors fit better on you.

• better dye them red...;-)

• Nope like you as you're now now.

• Thanks I am definitely changing it though. My question is whether or not blonde is a good idea.

• I think ombre would look really good on you :)

• I think my opinion about it is biased since blond is my least fav hair color.

But anyway, I don't think you would look better with blond hair. =P

• I don't think it would hurt to give it a go. You won't know for sure unless you try it :)
    Plus you do look pretty already so in sure you wouldn't look bad with lighter hair :)

• Personally, I prefer your natural hair color but you're you're a very pretty girl and I'm sure you'll look great either way.

• You look fine as you are, in my opinion.

• Yes please

• Is that your natural hair color in your pic?

• Hmmm I can see it, but I think you should keep your hair dark because of your eyebrows.

What Girls Said 3

• hmmmm...

i think u would look with a darker blonde on the tips of ur ombre if u really want it, so it will fade naturally from the pretty brown hair u now have.

something like... this:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ca6b467788.jpg

c how subtle it is? that'd b perfect :)

• that is pretty. But the thing is I tried it last year and went super subtle and it felt like a waste of money because I could barely see it haha I wanted to do more dramatic. Bad idea? I really like how Lauren conrad's is if that helps for an idea of reference

• oh ok u want it more obvious. nah i get u, i had a similar experience. i think if u wanna do a lighter blonde go for it, but dont choose like, platinum or something :P
      oh ok, yeah see her hair is nice but she's got a slight tan which is why it suits. ur skin is a pretty pale so i think u do still need some darkness somewhere in ur hair to contrast. just my 2 cents. it's up to u, u can experiment if u like:)

• Don't go from your natural color to blonde, that can cause some bad bad bad damage. I have naturally dark hair and used the feria by loreal hair dye to lighten my hair to a light brown. I say slowly transision your hair so the damage doesn't come in all at once. If you decide to go blonde and end up not liking it, at lease you can dye it a darker color.

• I don't want to dye all my hair though. That's the point of ombre. If it damages it I just cut it off later. And I can grow it out instead of having to dye it back. I have thought it through haha

• I think you would look very pretty, it's a good idea to lighten up for spring!