We've never met... would you consider me curvy, average, thick, or obese?

We've never met...would you consider me curvy, average, thick, or obese?
I've been working really hard at the gym and have already lost 40 pounds. I know I've still got a ways to go but I have a blind date with a guy this weekend and I'm really nervous that he won't find me attractive. I'm just curious where I stand in the body image department. Honest answers please, my feelings won't be hurt. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering your between 25-30 Id assume you indeed do want honest answers. First losing 40 pounds is amazing! Congratulations on that and it's quite the accomplishment

To make it easy and very honest, I'll try this

The closer a women is to this type of body, I think the sexier it becomes. Further away the less sexy
    www.sosnation.com/.../...es-sosnation.com-Copy.jpg

Same with a man, the closer you are to a body like this
    www.sgfitness.com/.../sexy_male_body.jpg

Your sexy, the further less sexy

This is on average. To judge there must be some sort of standard to judge against I simply choose these two bodies as an example. But we can use others as well, any you like.

Overall you did a great job and I can't take that away from you. Confidence is he sexiest attribute, so with that arm yourself for tonight's date and feel amazing :)

• Thank you very much from your kind words! I really appreciate it! :)

• Sure, personality and confidence Counts for more generally. You can't have a hottie and expect a lasting relationship if she does have great personality BUT you can expect guys to like less hotter women because of personality. Happens all the time, so keep that sex appeal high, be happy and you'll be good to go

Amber rose hahah, I get its photoshopped, but I choose her because I know girls do look like that. It'd rare but again just picking a standard to base it on... Jordin Sparks is amazingly hot, yes! For me Id prefer a little more dainty but she's hot

Hope your all ready for your date :)

• Haha.. well I believe that I am! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. And amber rose is definitely gorgeous!!

What Guys Said 15

• I typed out an answer then deleted it.

I can't tell. Your lower body is not that big at all. My impression was you are apple shaped and carry weight around your waist, but it's possible that you are carrying less then i think and it just seems that way because the shirt drops directly from your chest. If you have a belly, that's a reasonably flattering outfit. If you aren't apple shaped with a belly, it's a pretty shirt but give it away.

• You are right. I am more apple shaped. And thank you for sharing your opinion!

• I'll give you sort of 'worst case' assuming everything under drape of shirt is fat ;)

There's sometimes on websites I've seen a description of body types 'a few extra pounds'. I assume most people who pick that, 'a few' is like '80' or some nonsense. But taken literally, I'd say that's where you are. You're carrying a few extra pounds. Not a massive amount, but a few.

• Congrats on losing 40 pounds! I'm only at 10 lmao. You should drop the baggy clothes and wear something that says you're confident in your body. Also do something with your hair. Try not to be nervous and don't worry a out what he thinks of your body. If he rejects for it then you don't want him anyway.

• Well thank you!! And you're right! I don't want to be with someone like that anyway!

• Thick, but that could be because of how you're dressed. That kind of shirt could be either your best friend or your worst enemy.

• "Overweight" but not by that much... 40 pounds! Nice work.

• can't really tell, you could of not worn that top lol

• You could still lose weight, but I think you look good. I wouldn't run from the date, not because of your weight at least =)

• Believe me you're just fine... but try to wear something good... if you know what i mean lol

• Hahaha well thank you. I'll wear something good :)

• Good for you losing the weight, I'd consider you overweight. Keep going.

• Your clothes are too baggy for me to tell.

... that sentence was not intended as innuendo.

• Why don't you wear a burka before posting a pic here so you can be completely covered up before asking how you look.

• No one said you had to make a comment. Like for real? This was a pointless comment... not sure why you even wasted your time...

• You got it going on sexy 😏 I hope you reach your goal. No bs I mean it!!!

• Thank you!!!

• And if your date doesn't see it then he's really is blind 😸

• Aww, well you're very sweet!!

• I would say you're average and thick.

• If I would be fat ghosh. It's so easier than being and ectomorph spending hundred of € for food.

Just look at this example of ectomorph (he has such a fast metabolism)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iewBFjHs3KY

• but yeah good luck! :D

• The main focus should be health. Fortunately aesthetic from a human perspective follows alongside. My guess is that you are probably overweight, with all due respect. I'm only trying to give an accurate assessment. Congrats on losing the weight! Keep it up.

• You are classified as Obese.

Average/medium is a reasonable amount skinnier then u.

Curvy needs to stop getting listed as obese. Curvy is curvy, just because you have boobs and a fat ass, does not mean your curvy.

Thick, thick is the same as big basically, more defined as muscle girls, maybe girls with natural muscle or have a naturally big frame.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but its the truth.

• No, not harsh at all. I asked for the truth and I appreciate it! I know I've still got weight to lose for sure. I'm just hoping that I'm not hideously unattractive. Hahaha

• Your actually very pretty! are you latina?

• Aww Well thank you very much. I'm mixed. Blsck, white, Puerto rican, and native American

What Girls Said 13

• The way you dress isn't flattering at all.
    You lost all of that weight... but you're probably wearing the same big bulky clothes.
    Get your hair styled, buy a flattering outfit, be prepared to have his jaws drop.
    You are slightly overweight but it doesn't look bad (way out of proportion or sloppy)

• Thank you for being so honest. I am still wearing some of the same clothes because that's what I'm used to. Plus I plan on losing more weight and don't want to have to go out in another 2 months and buy all new clothes again. Haha.

• No problem.
      makes sense.
      but buying one nice flattering outfit for your date won't hurt

• Congrats on losing 40lbs!!

It's hard to tell if I can't see you from the front. I'd say you are a little bigger than average. Possibly thick. Maybe chubby. So we could say chubby average? It's a little hard to tell because of angles and the baggy shirt you have on.

Don't be nervous. You have no idea what this guy likes. He may love women your size and fall head over heels. Go into it with confidence and positivity.

• Thank you!!! :). I think I'm just so self conscious right now because I've been busting my but so much to get back into shape.

• I think you are attractive. You might not look like adriana lima but you are okay looking. I like your hair and clothes and the way you carry yourself. As for whether or not he likes you - it all depends on his personal tastes. Give him a chance and let him give you a chance.

• Thank you so much!! :)

• Well first of all congratulations on losing 40 lbs girl!! It's definitely not easy, so kudos to you for that! Now, I can't really tell by looking at the picture because your clothes are loose fitting. You don't look obese tho. I'd guess curvy. Either way, you look good!

• I kinda can't tell. I don't think what you're wearing is flattering your shape. You seem to be apple shaped (your legs seem thin and you look busty) but that top probably makes you seem bigger in the upper body than you actually are.

You seem a bit on the bigger side but no where near obese.

• Well thank you. I am apple shaped. But I didn't realize how big and flowy thr shirt was until I took the picture and posted on here

• Congratulations for the weight loss :)

It's hard to tell with what you're wearing, but I would say a bit larger than average. You have really nice hair too.

• Aww well thank you about my hair! And thank you for sharing an opinion. I appreciate it!

• why does it even matter what he'll think? if he can't take you for who you are and find you attractive then it's up to him, he's not the right person for you. He will lose you, not you'll lose him.

• slightly overweight in your midsection. the easiest way to deal with that is to either completely cut out foods that cause water retention or at least cut the portions in half and replace them with healthier (but still appetizing) alternatives.

• What is your fat percentage relative to your muscle? That will determine if you still have to continue to work on your global weight and appearance or not. Not how people will judge or call you. Once you arrive in the healthy zone, its up to you to decide what body form you like or not.

• Well, not thick in the right places. Squats are great for the ass and thighs.

• You're a little thick but not bad at all! You're super pretty and seem to have confidence, if you dress right and just walk into the date and feel good and confident about yourself he will see a beautiful and confident woman!

• Awwww well thank you!! :) that was really sweet!

• You're apple shaped. Which is unhealthy because the fat is in your stomach. Good work on your weight loss I too have lost 40 lbs.

• You're a thick woman ^^ Good luck on your date, I don't think you should feel nervous. You lost 40lbs, let the knowledge of your accomplishment over power those nervous jitters :)

• Thank you so much!! :) I appreciate that!

• You're welcome :)