How is my poetry reciting (recording included)?

I was state champion in Speech for Poetry, when I was in highschool. I still read a lot of poetry and try to recite regularly.. but it's been a long time since I performed competitively.

Let me know your thoughts. Did the way it was read give more meaning to the poem, or distract from the message? Did you like it? Hate it? Or give whatever response you choose, I don't want to direct you too much.

For other performers out there, feel free to tell me how you'd read it differently (inflections, tempo, pauses, volume flucuation, etc).

"Jenny kissed me" by Leigh Hunt

https://www.Facebook.com/video.php?v=10203904321353812&l=996847961422663747

P.S. While this isn't "How do I look" physically, I think it is definitely fitting of the category as a superficial request of what/who I am as a person.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Can barely understand what you're saying. You're mumbling.

• More specifically, what words are inaudible?

If it helps here's the poem text:
      "Jenny kiss’d me when we met,
      Jumping from the chair she sat in;
      Time, you thief, who love to get
      Sweets into your list, put that in!
      Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,
      Say that health and wealth have miss’d me,
      Say I’m growing old, but add,
      Jenny kiss’d me."

• Maybe bc I was listening through my phone.. but I didn't catch anything but growing old, but maybe that's bc I can relate to that ha ha

• I would hope it's your phone xD For it to all be inaudible would be depressing. We're all growing old ;)