Too skinny now?

Okay - I lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years (all healthily might I add!) and at the moment am 7 stone 5 pounds (I'm 5 ft 3). Now 'technically' that's about 1 pound underweight and I don't think I look unhealthy. People have started to say to me that I could do with putting on though. Not sure I can win either way! Would be good to get the opinions of a wider (less biased) audience :) Cheers!
Too skinny now??

Most Helpful Guy

• You look fine to me. I got down to a healthy weight and my grandmother cried because she thought I was starving, even though I had never felt better in my life. Average is now fat, so if you aren't fat, people freak out and think you are underweight.

If you are going by your BMI, that doesn't take muscle into account. If you naturally have less muscle than other people, then you will have a lower BMI than someone that naturally has an easier time building muscle. So your BMI can not be trusted to give you an exact reading of what you should weigh.

• Hey :) That's so true! My mum was very much the same as your grandmother by the sounds of it - she was so used to me being bigger, that anything else was unhealthy and worrying for her. Somebody else mentioned taking fat/muscle mass into account so will definitely look into that some more... thanks!

What Guys Said 18

• you look normal weight to me basically

• Hot body. Don't listen to the naysayers.

• You look good

• It can be hard to tell by pictures but honestly you look fine, if you are healthy and feel good then I wouldn't be too worried, just make sure you maintain what you have and don't lose anymore , don't worry if you gain a bit either,

• Yep, feel healthier than I've ever done :) I'm eating enough so it seems that what I am is what I'm meant to be at. Thanks for the comment :)

• You are welcome, happy to help

• You look great.

But if you want constructive criticism, you don't seem like you work out but it wouldn't hurt

• Thank you :) Believe it or not I do try and workout when I can but I don't really do the right things or focus on the right areas I don't think. I'm certainly not consistent with it.

• yea its ok... I like your second picture, its cute... Yea for any changes to actually occur it has to be consistent of course

• in all honesty your perfect and im not even just saying that, you are exactly what I look for in girls, even though im not so skinny myself I tend to lean torwards slimmer girls, and boobs and ass dont really matter for me as long as it works for the girl

• hell no U have the ferfect Body , I'd personay like to see more tits on U. But over all U'r Gorgeous just like U R SweetHeart. I Love A Petitye Girl !!!

• Thanks so much for the compliment! Never been overly well endowed in the chest department sadly but oh well lol!

• Well U Look Great Baby & DONT let anyone ever tell U or try to convince U otherwise. If U'd like to talk feel free to any time we can be friends. So what R U a small B~Cup 32 ? I was married to one of those 32B's.

• Well I appreciate that they're trying to look out for me and are concerned I don't shrink lol but yeah I'm pretty happy as I am :) Thanks! 30B

• No you are looking absolutely fine! perfect will be the best word to describe it... 😊

• You look good and slim.

• Thanks! Took long enough lol

• I can feel you... I'm fighting with my fat atm...
      it's tough

Just as a friendly remind, if you lose more it will be bad fosho

• It's tough isn't it :/ it's the food that gets me, I have one hell of a sweet tooth! You just get better at saying no to things I guess.

Thanks :) I don't want to be any smaller than I am so shall just keep cruising lol

• You look perfect, no need for any change I can see :)

• A fellow Brit :) Thank you!

• Yeah bit worrying that... We'll all be whizzing about London in mobility scooters soon if we're not careful!

• Wall-e 's prediction of the future had it right all along :0

• just work out and tone

• I think you look very good. You seem healthy, not just skin and bones like some girls

• I like your physique :)

• U looks normal :)

• Thank you lol :) When you're a bit chunky, 'normal' is definitely what I was aiming for lol

• You look good :)

• good looking lipstick lesbian! I wouldn't wanna compete with you for a girl's attention!

• Haha! Thanks for clearing the playing field for me!

• hey, you don't have to convince me, I feel the same way! you're preaching to the choir! yeah, hit the weights more, not just cardio. you with muscles = total knockout.

• Good to know we're both singing from the same hymn book then :P Yeah I tend to veer towards cardio so could probably do with adding a dumbbell to the old Russian twist routine lol. It's a work in progress!

• Niiiiice legs, haters gona hate ;) Be who you are...

• Ah I think they're looking out for me and making sure I don't get carried away and disappear lol. But thanks for the compliment! :)

• Wow! You look amazing. Well done :) I don't think you look too skinny at all

• Thank you! Was a lot of hard work lol! I think I look about okay but having been a bigger girl, I get paranoid when people start telling me I should be bigger/smaller etc.

• You're welcome :) no need to change anything. You should feel proud

What Girls Said 11

• Your BMI is 19, which is indeed below 20. Personally, I would aim for 50 kg for your size, but if you are in a gym, ask that they measure your fat and muscle content. That says more than just your weight. You don't look really skinny to me, so if you need to correct upwards, much is certainly not needed.

• I think you look beautiful and congratulations on losing weight. As long as you're in a healthy weight range and you're happy, that's all that matters really.

• Thanks a lot :) It needed to be done lol! Definitely a lot happier though :)

• You look really good in my opinion. You could put on 10 pounds and still look good but you don't have to. You have a great figure

• Good for you, for getting in shape,
    you look good, so you don't need to put on
    any weight or lose anymore :)

• Look, are you happy with yourself? If the answer is YES, then anything that anyone says is irrelevant. If you're happy with yourself, then werk itt!!!

• Lol thanks! I need to have a little more faith in how I feel and take comments with a pinch of salt.

• Yes. People are gonna say good/bad things. Of course the good things feel good :-) but you have to know for yourself. If you ask me, you look great. Good luck!

• You look healthy to me :)

• Are those your hip bones jutting out in the first picture?

• Yes I think so, but I think it's likely the angle that the pic was taken from

• Maybe, but that could be why they think you could put on a bit more. As long as you are healthy and feel good I think you're fine. Congrats on losing seven stone :)

• Yep, I think when you've lost a bit, people tend to worry and want to make sure you're doing things properly and not getting carried away :) Which I am grateful for. Thank you!

• No girl, you're not skinny, you're amazing! My sister is just like you, she's considered underweight but doesn't look like one at all since she still got that curves I think lol Anyway you're not skinny :)

• Aw thank you :) Nice to know someone else is the same. That's the thing, you tell people what you weigh and they think you're way too small but to look at me I don't look underweight at all. Thanks for the comment! :)

• I think you look beautiful and healthy honestly. :)

• you're beautifull

• You look beautiful, honestly. I think people's idea of what's "normal/average" has changed, and BMI doesn't really take everything into account. If you feel good, don't let other people make you feel like you need to change.

Also, sometimes people get concerned about people losing weight. Even if you do it in a healthy way, a lot of people might assume otherwise or think you have an eating disorder/self-esteem problem. Ridiculous, but it does happen.

• Thanks for that :) Definitely people have showed concern, as unwarranted as it is, I can understand it but yep, happy as I am and feeling SO much better :)