What do guys mean when they call a girl hot, cute, or pretty?

a lot of boys call me hot, but i don't know if i should take it as a compilent because they probably only like me for my face or something. i've been called pretty a few times but i don't know what to think if that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being called hot is a good thing and it is intended as a compliment (though it can come off as creepy too I'm sure) Hot usually refers to the face and body and how physically attractive you are
    Pretty refers more to your facial features and attractiveness. Eyes, mouth, nose...
    Cute can refer to either a person's appearance, their personality, or both. It just depends really.
    Either way, take it as a compliment, because the terms are meant as compliments

What Guys Said 6

• Hot - sexual implication
    Pretty - good looking
    Cute - attractive in innocent way (which is why relatives and your crush can both be described as cute)

Someone could easily be described as all three of these things, it just depends who's talking.

• People seem to think cute means "not beautiful" or like "6 or 7/10". But to me, if I'm talking about a girl I like, it just means I think their looks AND personality AND mannerisms are cute, and she's basically girlfriend material.

• Hot: I wanna fuck you

Cute: You're not naturally a 10/10 but you're still very attractive

Pretty: Same as beautiful

• Hot- want to bang, probably date and marry;
    Cute - want to date, bang and marry;
    Pretty - want to bang, one, two or three times. no marriage tho.

• Hot-more about your body
    Cute- Face and body
    Pretty-Face

• What's wrong with being liked for your face?

• Hot- 10/10 would have sex with
    Cute-girlfriend material
    Pretty-between cute and hot

What Girls Said 1

• They think you're hot, cute and/or pretty.