Girls, best foundations for dry skin?

Soo this is for all the dry skinned girls out there. I have really dry skin. A week ago it started to flake and of course all the makeup stuck to the dry patches. I didn't wear make up for a week so now my skin feels a lot better. What is a good drugstore or not too expensive foundation for dry skin? Any tips?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know any names or brands since I don't have dry skin myself and can't speak from experience, but any moisturizing foundation should be good?
    That said, no amount of foundation will be able to cover up your skin's flakiness. The dryness effectively makes the skin uneven, and there's nothing a foundation can do about that. The only way to look good in makeup is to get rid of the dryness by exfoliating and then using a good moisturizer.

• I got rid of the flakiness now but i don't want it to come back. That's my problem haha

• Then keep moisturizing and using moisturizing foundations. :p I use a moisturizing foundation by Lumene, and it's really great. It's light coverage, but still gets the job done really well. The tube is somewhat small, but it lasts for ages anyway due to the foundation being more on the "runny" side (that might sound like a bad thing but it really isn't lol). I'm not entirely sure if it's easy to find outside of Finland since it's a Finnish brand, but you could possibly try to find it online if you're interested?

• I'll look it up :)

What Girls Said 4

• You could use a foundation on water base. They will give your skin a bit of care and won't pancake your face. Water based foundation is very silky and gives you a nice hint of color. I have a dry skin myself and I really love the one I have. I have the one from maybelline called "dream wonder nude".

• If you have a foundation that you love, you can mix a small amount of your moisturizer into it so that it does both. Just don't put to much in because it lightens the color

• Don't use foundation, women aren't actually meant to use foundation until their mid-30s, it ages you. Use BB cream, it's far better. But don't use the mainstream brands like Garnier and shit, that stuff sucks, find an organic brand.

• I usually use light foundations or bb creams anyway. But i don't know which are good and which are not

• Like 10 bucks or maybe even more

• Right, well, I doubt you'd find an organic BB cream under £15 pound which is like $22. Look up some foundations online, it's easy, and avoid foundations with fragrance, salicylic acid and avoid oil-free. I hear Clinique's Beyond Perfecting isn't bad.

• Add more natural fats to your diet.