I have a lip peircing and when I go shopping employees don't acknowledge me why is this?

I recently was at a store getting shoes and one of the sales ladies came over and asked if i needed any help before actually looking fully at me but right as im about to ask for help she looks at me and walks away ... Then while at the check out the cashier was glaring at me the whole time not acknowledging me till my mother came back from looking at something as i walk up to the thingy he just stares at me as my mother pays for the shoes not even greeting or speaking to us

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because you're 16. If you look around that age or younger, they assume that someone else is the customer and you're around for the ride.

What Guys Said 3

• People with all that shit are nothing but attention whores. They are only seeking attention and try to shock the public. These types are not very secure and seen as immature and not to smart.
    Bottom dwellers. They won't get much respect in this world. Once you grow up and loose all that crap you will think back realizing just how stupid it was.
    Likely be imbarrased how you acted.
    You won't recieve any respect. Well maybe some but won't be taken as responcible or mature. Try to land a good paying job with that crap and purple hair. Im talking a good job. Not McDonald's manager. Every worker at mc d is a manager. Lol all replaceable no brainers.
    You asked. There it is

• Because they view you as low and trashy.

• Dont worry about , people starring,
    Its human nature , sometimes people
    Just wonder.
    I went through kemo therapy when I was 16,
    I was diagnosed with lupus, I was in high school
    My whole body and face changed, I didn't really care about what people thought ,, imagine if we all looked the same!! How you look and what you go trough is what makes you , you. ,,, so keep your head up, and be proud of what you look like , and who you are, ,, one of a kind.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it has anything to do with your lip piercing. I have a piercing myself and I've never had an expierience like that. But it just might be your age. The employees might be assuming that you are with your parent a. k. a. The consumer. Lol. Employees seem to kiss the asses of their customers no matter how they look. Lol and You might just look your age. If I were you I wouldn't take it so personal. Well, I hope I answered your question❤️😄 Stay awesome!!!

• Maybe due to your piercing and considering where you were shopping