Guys, am I ugly because im covered in scars?

Im covered in scars for various reasons but i was wondering if i was ugly for having them

79

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 78

• IMHO no.

Beyond that studies have tended to support that minor scars even on the face have - no - negative impact on the persons perceived attractiveness.

• Neah you are ok. I have scars. Been a bit more boyish than I should have, so I have lots. When I got some, I thought I was going to get them covered with tattoos because I thought these make me ugly. I was in shock for a while and I was just 2 years older when I got myself some really bad ones. But I actually got used to the scars and don't care much about them now. With time you will too.

Another story: There was this girl in my hood that had a scar on her face for falling on a fence or something. (lucky she did not poke an eye out). She actually was attractive even with that scar. Too bad she was missing some nuts and bolts. Was aggresive and posessive. Not the things I want in a girl, but she was having a certain attractiveness and I remember most guys liked her. She was nice to be around, until something was pissing her off :)
    But what kind of scars do you have though? Did you get them from surgeries/mishaps?

• When you meet the right man all he is going to see is the most beautiful woman in the world.
    I am certainly no model. I am not a george clooney or brad pitt either.
    I have a gut.
    The woman I am in love with worries because she had her knees replaced and has scars. and she says she is "fluffy" because she has weight on her.
    But when I look at her all I see is the most beautiful woman in the world. I just want to show her off to everyone. I want to be seen with her and say "this is my woman..." I told her I love every inch of her because she is perfect. I am blown away that she is even with me. So I don't know why I am so lucky but I enjoy every single minute.

• I think you are feeling very down on yourself. I don't feel that the scars you have are the main problem. I think you may be a bit insecure. I can only agree with everyone here that nothing, ever, will make you ugly. Physically, you are a very attractive lady. The person who goes through life without picking up some scars is a rare person. Look in a mirror every day WITHOUT FAIL and say something like, " I am Candyisalive. I am beautiful. I love myself just the way I am". The mind is a very powerful thing, and it can be trained to be always positive. Take good care.

• I wouldn't say you're 'ugly' for having them. I think scars are actually kind of cool sometimes. I would question why you had them though. If you were clumsy I'd suggest you be more careful to prevent them in the future. If they were self-inflicted or caused by another person I'd consider therapy because you could have psychological damage.

• based on you profile picture (no others ones posted) I would say you are not ugly

• for one, you're clearly not maimed or hideous. small scars can be awful or be easily ignored, partially depends on, were you unlucky or a cutter?

• I got bullied cause i didn't look like my older sisters who model in their freetime

• that won't reassure dates much... see, to most guys, taking a knife to your own flesh because someone mocked/bullied you, is bizarre.

• no there are struggles, we all go through them sometimes if that was your way of handling those issues then thats your choice and if theyre from falling or anything no they aren't dont let words or imperfections define who you are be you and dont change for anyone EVER dont be someone you aren't because if you try even you won't know who you are anymore

• I'm covered in them too. Nose was bitten off and sewn back on. Ear was ripped off n sewn back on. Blade scar down through my right eye. Another from the corner of my cheek down to under my mouth. Got an 3 inch scar on the back of my head where a guy tried to murder me by sticking a blade through my skull. Right hand ripped in half and sewn back together scarring on my torso where I got a blade stuck and ripped right through my ribs cutting my right lung near in half. Various other smaller 1s. Girls love them and never turned a woman off. I reckon there will be tons of guys out there who will get a kick out of them. As long as they're not too disfiguring

• Holy crap, I hate to think what would have to happen to someone to be disfiguring if that isn't!

• They're not as bad as they sound. Best surgeons in the world worked on me. They're artists with a needle and thread. Some are so indiscreet you'd only notice them in certain light despite the wounds being so severe. I know a guy from the army who face looks like someone pulled a stocking tight over it. No lips and a crater for a nose. That's the kind of scars you don't get away with

• No. I always tell ridiculous stories about how I got my scars.

• Own your scars. They make you who you are. Be proud of them and give zero fucks about what others think.

• Simply put: Yes.

• Some scars can be pretty cool actually

• No you are not ugly you beautiful girl...😉😊

And i don't see any scar on you...

• No...

but if you got them from cutting yourself, I'd be concerned

• No, because Hanako.

If this doesn't make sense, you should try a VN called Katawa Shoujo. Wonderful story there, regardless of sexual orientation.

• Picture? but anyway here's a story related to this:

My friend and I weher walking down the mall some time ago and I saw this girl and she had a scar on her face. I'm not talking about a 1 or 2 inche scar she litterally had a deep scar from her right cheekbone all the way down to her chin. Let me tell you this girl was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, no lie. I had to go an compliment on how beautifull her face was and Ill remeber that smile she gave me that day. I figure she was probably insecure of it.

So no they are not unnattactive

• If you are cutting you should seek help.

• I don't think they matter. I had a friend who had a scratch scar on her cheek and I notice it ever time I saw her. Then we were group in a project together and turned out, she was very shy but like to tell jokes. She was hilarious, after we became friends I never noticed it

• Scars can tell greater beauty then word or looks can I should know *looks at right leg*

• I have worked as a professional photographer and my experience tells me that we always see our own imperfections as a big deal, whereas others may not notice them. If you want an answer based solely on appearance, go on a picture-rating site. If you want an answer based on the real you, ask your friends :)

• scars? like little scars here and there from life, who cares. doesn't make a diff.

• I think u are very beautiful :)

• Chicks with scars are always the most beautiful people Inside and out I have met in my time of living on this weird world

• No your still beautiful inside and out

• You're not ugly society is... your a gift from the universe be proud of that.

• No you are not ugly. Each scar tells a story and that is what makes you who you are.

• Well, it depends!
    What are you? An ex slave and your back is full of whiplashes?
    Or did you have bad acne or chicken pox?

Your photo shows no scars. What are you talking about?

• A pretty girl with scars is prettier than an ugly girl with perfect skin. I'd have to see you. In some cases scars and imperfections actually measurably make people more attractive.

• No you are a sexy tiger!

• More from Guys
    48