Do looks really matter?

Personally I am 50/50, yeah a good looking person is great but only to look at, I have met so many beautiful looking peeps but too many of them were as boring as a brick, at the end of the day I'd rather be with someone for who they were rather than based on looks :)

The other 50% side is probs because looks can sometimes show off personality which can start attraction cos you want to get to know that person better cos you think you'll have things in common but sometimes looks can be decieving which can be exciting or shit based on the person xD

so what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks matter yes, but would you want the most beautiful vase with no flowers inside?
    I don't know lol! i am bad at metaphors =P

But i agree, looks matter but when it comes to finding someone special, we need more than superficiality!

What Guys Said 15

• Looks matter because you won’t get to know the personality without the looks

So Sorry Looks > Personality... I dont care how amazing her personality is, if she looks like a caveman, or really
    bad, I'm out lol

Just myTake on this whole topic etc i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text_5.gif

• Yeah they matter, but it's definitely not the most important. I don't want a boring person, or someone I don't connect with, but I also don't wanna feel repulsed when looking at her face.
    I would obviously take a 7 over a 10 if the 7 has a better personality than the 10.
    Most of the times, when we connect with the other person, we tend to see them more attractive than what they are.

• I said here once and I say again that I'd rather be with an average nice girl than with a hot boring one...

• I am about 60/40 in favor of personality. Of course looks matter to some extent, but personality counts for more too me

• Sometimes... it does.

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

• Looks absolutely matter.

If a fat ugly chick has a great personality, then best of luck to her. Because I'm not goin for that at all.

• errr tbh looks matter more to me basically

• Personality is soooo much more important. All i really ask for is a girl with a pretty face who is shorter than me and light enough to pick up. That's not too much to ask is it?

• Looks are a bonus to me. Someone could be the hottest person in the world, but have a terrible personality.

• Well here's the thing. Noone wants an ugly partner, doesn't have to be perfect mind you. So I'd say looks are a good 70% of the ecuation the rest personality for me at least<--- just being honest

• Well, I'm pretty sure most people would not want to date someone who's extremely ugly...

But to answer your question, it would be nice if the girl was at least somewhat decent looking as I have to be attracted to the girl for me to like her, but she doesn't have to look like an extremely hot supermodel or anything. I know so many girls that are hot that I would never date. I want a girl to have strong and outgoing personality too.

• Yes looks matter. I have to have somebody who is attractive and has a good personality. I can't see why someone would want to be in a relationship with someone who didn't have both

• Yes. I have to find someone physically desirable to want to be with them.

• ofcorse not silly? who really cares about looks? i love u, u love me lets get together and fuck barney

• It is an unfortunate fact that we are shallow creatures, and we have a natural inclination to like pretty people. Studies have shown that attractive children receive more attention and higher praises from teachers, while attractive adults are more likely to get call-backs after job interviews. Given this species-wide predisposition to treat pretty people better, it is not surprising that many people feel it is easier to be in any sort of relationship with an attractive person.
    Looks there by are not a measure of how great a person is. These days smart females anyways prefer a personality than just good looks. Remember with time looks will fade.

What Girls Said 5

• It's important but not more than physical attraction. Not for a romantic relationship. Both are pretty equally important though I'm sure personality will impact how we see someone. Still is important to see them as attractive.

• tbh if you don't think someones attractive at first but then you get to know them and you like them they instantly become attractive I think xD

• Think about it this way. the majority of the guys we girls take a secomd look at are the good looking ones right? Not all but most.
    So yes, for catching one's attention I would say that looks matter. Keeping it though is a completely different matter :p

• Yeah, looks matter

• Just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they have a bad personality, Less attractive people can have bad personalities too. But i agree about 50/50 :)

• Looks matter. A lot of guys seem to like me, but only as a friend. They don't want more from me because my face isn't attractive at all. However, if a guy wanted someone to talk to, or hang out with chances are I will get a phone call. If they want someone to date? I will never get that phone call. I've been friend zoned so many times.

• I've been friend zoned quite a bit too :) don't worry if its the right guy you will find them also I found I pushed a few of my own friend zoned guys away and lost them as mates so maybe stop friend zoning your guy mates? or lower your standards if they are unreachable cos you could be pushing mr right away :)

• I don't have high standards. I ignore all good looking men. I've never friend zoned anyone.