5'6 and 117 pounds?

Is that normal or skinny or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think normal and thin. I really dislike how so many people are okay with saying girls your size are too thin which I know often hurts thin girls self esteem. On the contrary, most people will not do this to a person overweight out of fear of being judged negatively. Being called too thin can hurt your self esteem in the same way though. The truth is you're not underweight medically. You probably have a slim ectomorph frame, and I bet lots of guys are attracted to it.

• Completely agree with you. Being anorexic just because you're naturally small is not a compliment. My frame is small so my natural size will be smaller than people with a bigger frame.

• Sorry i meant being called anorexic!

• I bet you're fine. I meant there will be some people that don't agree with being as thin as you are that will tell you. You're at a healthy weight though.

What Guys Said 5

• you are damn light!

• Depends on your frame but looked at weight range on google for your height, you are right on the lowest edge of normal which is usually very small frame.

• yea i do have a small frame, i dont know why people are saying its really skinny its nearly normal for my height :)

• I am no expert - All I did was get a weight range calculator on internet - Keyed in 5'6 and female then it gives range based on BMI ( body mass index ) - Healthy is regarded as between 20 and 25 - Your frame is an extra variable in formula for closer analysis.

• yea so im not that far off 20 so i dont think its too skinny :)

• That's a little on the light side. It's not too bad but I recommend gaining like 10 pounds.

• Skinny/below average/probably still healthy enough/could definitely afford to put on a few. Are you very active? Do you eat a lot?

• I've been trying to put on weight and yea i do eat a lot. Not very active though lol. I was much thinner before though so i think im healthy.

• And depending on your age, it may be hard to put on weight. I'm just now starting to fill out. And I eat a lot!

• It's good. I bet you're super cute too. <3

What Girls Said 4

• I'm the same height and weight.
    It's normal.
    You are slim but it's not extremely skinny

• Thin side of normal. I'm 5'7" 119.

Depending on your frame, you're fine.

• www.nhlbi.nih.gov/.../bmicalc.htm

Especially if to have a small frame.

• exactly i bet you look fine too at your weight!

• Small frames aren't meant to carry as much. Our weight on a sturdier frame would be lacking, yes. Haha I looked horrible heavier, what most people would call healthy.

• I think thats way to skinny

• Not healthy.

• um i've been trying to put on weight.. I was 100 pounds before so i think its healthy. I'm nearly in the normal range.

• To me it seems unhealthy but it's you. I guess I'm just over weight.

• im only like 3 pounds off being healthy for my weight.