Like or not "Beautiful" "Gorgeous" Comments?

I do not like it when a guy says i'm "beautiful" or "gorgeous". It is a total turn off. If a guy says that i think he is lying, or has no experience with a really beautiful girl. Beauty is only few. Some say beauty in eye of beholder, but I like guy with high standard. I just want a guy that accept me for who I am!. Im ordinary girl that maybe cute or pretty sometime ^_^ .. What is your opinion?

Anyone have more opinion?
Any more opinions?
Someone have other opinion! Ty ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• I think many women, myself included, have a difficult time accepting compliments. Part of it is that we're taught it's socially unacceptable to be overly confident and cocky about your appearance - it's kind of frowned upon to outwardly show you think you're pretty/beautiful. Which, to my mind, is just silly. Why shouldn't you appreciate your good qualities and be proud of them? (Not that it stops me from feeling weird about saying I think I look good or shying away from agreeing when someone says I look pretty). The other half is that we basically spend our entire lives trying to live up to the whole unattainable ideal of female beauty. The standards are so high almost no one can ever reach them and the real pisser is that on top of being unattainable, they change between cultures, regions, and over time. We never see ourselves as beautiful because we measure ourselves by those ridiculous standards no one ever meets. So, basically, women kind of suck at accepting compliments a lot of the time.

I recognize this, so I've tried to get better at it over the years. I still feel a bit uncomfortable about it, but if I feel like a guy is being sincere, then I say thanks and let him know I appreciate it. If he's just laying on the BS to get something he wants, I'll roll my eyes at him and let it go by.

• I can accept compliment. The thing is when a guy say I'm "beautiful" I do not find that attractive. I can accept he feel that way. I do not try to live up to "ideal." I just like having a ideal. If everyone is beautiful look, what is beautiful? I think beautiful by definition has to only be a few. I don't feel bad about that. I just accept it, and accept myself. I can be beautiful inside! ^_^ ty for comment

What Guys Said 11

• Most guys will accept you for who you are. The real you inside. That's what matters. Your profile pic is not the best you could do, but it is enough for me to see that you are attractive. It matters little if you believe me or not. I am just expressing my true feelings and opinions. For me, beauty is not just about looks. It's how you think, how you act in differing circumstances, your personality, and so many more things.

• I agree beauty not only about look ^_^ But I talk about outside looks in comment ^^

• You ARE attractive. Please don't ever think you're not. That's from just looking at your profile pic!! believe it or not. Down to you.

• There will be those who find you stunning, regardless of your acceptance of that fact. Will you spurn them for expressing their feelings? If you know yourself and are confident in who you are (a good goal for us all, I think), why not accept honest compliments? One of life's wonderful mysteries is when we find that person who is not only moved by us, but us them. I hope they are careful with their words when you meet. (c;

• I accept honest comment, but I just not find it attractive if guy call me beautiful. Ty for comment ^_^

• I agree with xhey

• If I give a Lady compliment, it will be respectful.

• I only say that when I mean it. And I do think your beautiful. I'm never going to meet and I don't want anything from you. Even though your face is partially covered in the picture I can still tell your beautiful. Some guys will mean it some won't. Don't be afraid of taking a compliment. I don't know you and never will but your beautiful and I hope one day you can accept that as a compliment because it's true.

• You sound like a bit of a cunt.

I can understand not agreeing with the opinion due to self-consciousness, but a "total turn off"? You must have a perpetually dry vagina.

• Shit!! That's bloody callous. With comments like that, wtf are you doing here?

• No @dogbert777 he's right. Maybe he was a little mean about it but he's completely right.

• I think your beautiful. Not just saying that as a line. But ordinary and simple is most attractive in my opinionion. I think you should look just as hot and attractive when rolling out of bed. As you do spending 3 hours to gat ready for a date.

• but why wouldn't you like it? so you think that guys should play hard to get?

• Those comments are too general and most educated and confident women will think you're playing them. I would make different comments. Something that is more specific without coming across with the perve vibe

• Then I'll call you SEXY

• Jeez.. To be honest I don't like girls who has that attitude. I've come across girls like you, I would call them beautiful because I find them beautiful.. What's the reaction? MEhh... I mean wtf... Then I realized girls like this have insecurity problems.

• I think that's fair enough, a lot of the time guys say that just to get in your pants anyway. It is frustrating when you mean it and she doesn't believe you, but you do what you can to show her you mean it in that case.

What Girls Said 4

• Beauty is in the eye, ha. They don't have to tell you you're beautiful. They could just say "cute" or "pretty", but they choose to tell you you're "beautiful" because that's what they see. There's beauty in everyone. Not everyone may have that "standard of beauty" look. A "high standard" of beauty can mean many things to many different people. Some men's "high standard" of beauty is a fuller woman. Some men's "high standard" is a woman who is petite. I'm told I'm beautiful all the time by strangers, but I also know there are people who wouldn't look twice at me. There's such a range, so just take the compliments, and don't compare yourself to others 0:)

I would imagine any man who compliments you in such a way accepts you for you.

• This is the exact reason why men have stopped complimenting women. People like you automatically think they're lying when in all actuality, they probably aren't.

• I think some are being honest. Some also lie. You do not think some guy lie?

• I never said men don't lie. Men and women lie about everything. However; why would a man lie about you being beautiful? If he was trying to simply get in your pants; changes are he would call you sexy.

• Learn how to take compliments!

• I would accept the compliments and say thank you. Unless he sound totally insincere i wouldn't doubt it.
    There are guys who really meant what they say