Do I look hard faced?

Lovely people - I was told today (albeit, in a jokey way) that I look hard faced. I laughed it off but it hurt a bit - in the past I have been told I look like I mean business or generally look cold/miserable o.O Not sure if that's just my average look or not... but I'm not an iron maiden!! Would be interested to see if anyone else agrees though - this is my cover pic, it's the way my face is usually (i.e. when I'm not smiling my head off like a cheshire cat).
Do I look hard faced??

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you look lovely. With that straight face you still look like a very kind woman. Just try to smile as much as possible, and don't let anyone tell you you look hard faced. Cause you really don't.

What Guys Said 31

• A bit of 'resting bitch face', with some strong facial features. I can see why people would say that. But I wouldn't take it to be a negative. You are very attractive, so it's not like it's going to scare men away. The thing that will help a lot is that even with just a small grin, like you have in your profile pic, your eyes totally light up. You can really see the smile come out through your eyes. So I think it will be a case where something like a one-off photo like you have above will read more 'stern' than you would actually appear in person, where those subtle eye and eyebrow motions will soften everything.

Don't take it as a negative, a lot of people have a face that looks a little stern when at rest. It's not unusual. You look fabulous, no body is going to mind. It will only come up in joking situations.

• Yeah I can see it too unfortunately :/ I'd hope it wouldn't scare anyone away lol! It just seems to be an involuntary mean look that comes naturally.. It seems making a bit more of an effort to smile is the way to go :) :) Thanks for your comments.. very sweet words :)

• You're welcome. I don't think you need to make a very strong effort to smile more. Just be yourself. People that take the time to get to know you will see the smile in your eyes. No need to change to suit other people's misconceptions.

• Might be a bit harsh. Everyone generally can have a part of themselves, where they're not composing themselves for the camera, where they chew on certain emotions, that project a slightly unwelcoming aspect of themselves. I generally find that people only do it because they're ultimately a bit insecure, or distrustful, or depressed, or hurt in some way, a bit fearful, self conscious, all those good emotions... but as I say, those are the same emotions everybody is chewing on to a greater or lesser degree. Those things don't phase me too much. I know I'm both light and shade. I expect the same in everybody else. In short, I think if I tickled you, I'd get a big smile from you...

• "Might be a bit harsh" err, I meant comment to make to you :P

• Seriously? Wow. Kudos to you then :) I think when we're young and in our late teens we notoriously do not take care of our bodies... I know I never did, ate sporadically, drank excessively and smoked.. Physically and mentally we run ourselves into the ground I guess. I don't think people should dismiss anything that looks to be working so well :) I'll have a think about looking more into meditation then :) I find stress and anxiety impact a lot on my everyday life so the chance to unwind really could be helpful... Haha cool, I like your thinking there ;) save the martial arts for someone a little less incapable lol

• Well, if you ever have any questions... And really? I thought you could batter anybody :P Certainly me, I'm deceptively gentle...

• Naw you don't look hard-faced, but like you should be having my baby so i1127.photobucket.com/.../...m_MDY0NjQ3NTA3OTk.jpg

But on a serious note you just jave a bad resting bitch face like me ^_^. You don't look mean or anything though

• To me it just looks like you are focusing on something intensely, like paying attention or living in the moment. I do that too. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. To me it means you may be pretty perceptive. Like you're able to really focus on a topic without distraction (that's not bad imo). I wouldn't judge your character much without talking to you though.

• Thanks for the comment.. :) nice to know it doesn't just automatically make everyone think I'm mean lol. I am quite focused/determined/headstrong so you got that right but it's a good attitude to not judge on appearance alone... :)

• And knowing that you are focused/determined/headstrong, I don't see a need for you to walk around with a fake smile on your face that isn't sincere just to please what other people would like to see.

Yeah I think your expression is cool though.

• Just because you're not smiling doesn't mean you look "hard-faced." Your profile pic has a "softer" facial expression, but in any case you're a very attractive woman with a great figure.

• Thanks for the comment :) I have a slight smile in my profile pic, unfortunately with no smile at all, I seem to give people the wrong impression lol.. Thank you! That's kind :)

• Yeah, you look kinda cold, but your pretty, so just smile a bit and you'll look great.
    By the way, your body is like... WOW :O

• Yeah.. that's what worries me :/ Aw thanks so much.. that's kind of you! :)

• You know already what I think. 'Nuff said!!

• If you were wearing one of your "I run shit" dresses, I could see how someone would think that.

Other than that, I don't see it. Do you usually have a serious look on your face?

• Lol what's a "I run shit" dress? Yeah I tend to have a serious look to me most of the time (except when I am smiling) but you can't have a grin on your face 24/7 can you? :/

• Well there ya go. You don't have to look happy all the time, just try to loosen up the tension in the face, that's all.

And a "I run shit" dress is what I call dresses that women wear who are in a position of power. Doesn't even have to be a dress, just anything that presents an image of authority.

Usually looks something like this, or similar variations of it.
      www.laketria.com/.../business-woman.jpg

• Cheers :) Haha! Oh I see what you mean now.. Yeah couple up some power dressing with a serious face and I could look pretty vindictive o. O

• In the picture you appear to be in a serious mood. You are also pretty cute so if I was a random stranger walking by I would say something clever to put a smile on that cute face.

• Yeah that's the problem sadly lol :/ Thanks by the way... :)

• You do look a little bit too serious, maybe even intimidating. But your pretty nonetheless.

It would help to smile 😄

• Yep, it looks that way doesn't it :S in a way I'm glad people have said it... I'd hate to think I give off a cold impression. Will try and think to smile a bit more lol!

• Ohhh oop. Sorry about that! 😅

I'm sure you will get a ton of female attention too!

• Lol don't be!! I hope so :D

• I think everyone has a face like that when they look serious. Nobody smiles all the time.

• That's what I thought lol. Perhaps my 'serious' face just has an angry looking edge to it..

• I think nearly everyone has the angry edge - "Thats the I mean business" bit.

• Yes, but that is hot!

• So I do look hard faced? :(

• The whole world agrees with you on that one, I think.

• Is that your "everyday face"? Seriously, just think of stupid stuff and it'll get you to smile more. It's helping me (people have told me I'm "intimidating"... wtf... how can a 5'4" Azn 135 wet be intimidating?).

• Haha that's helpful actually..! Should put a smile on myself... :) Aw 5 ft 4? But the feistiest people come in the smallest packaging remember lol

• Yeah, if you feel yourself having "the blank store" / scowl, start thinking of stupid stuff... the kind that makes you go, "how on earth did that thought get in there?" I swear, when I do that people will sometimes ask me, "what's so funny?"

PS. Your body isn't the issue... le rawl rawl ]:)

• I will definitely try it out lol! *Note to self: think funny thoughts wherever possible* :P Lol aw thank you :)

• I must say you look great in that picture :)
    But to answer your question you do look a little hard faced, I know how you feel because I have the same problem.

• Thank you so much :) Yeah, even I can admit I do look a bit pissed off lol.. My resting face clearly needs more effort. It's an annoying problem isn't it? :/

• Lol yeah same here... :/ Makes you seriously self conscious! I don't think it would put women off! As long as you smile at them when you look at them once or twice so they know you're interested :) Also, better to look like us than have a goofy grin 24/7 :P

• Yeah I suppose it is better than looking like a complete goofball that no one can take seriously lol

• Well in the pic you posted i think yup... i never like a girl who doesn't smile in her photo... it looks like you are very serious and uptight when you don't smile.. but other than that you look beautiful 😊😄

• Hmm yeah it does sometimes make me look uptight which is annoying because I'm not lol :/ will try to smile more.. :D Thanks for the compliment by the way :)

• Hahaha great

• well when you look so serious, i can see why people would think that way. You look good, but you also look mean in this pic

• Yeah I'm really not trying to actually look that serious... :/ Need to work on looking less mean then lol!

• You look like you demand things and you get what you want! FEISTY!

• Haha sadly false on both counts! I seem to get the opposite of what I want most of the time :P shame my bitch face has few pluses :P

• Same here!

• yeah, u definitely do look like u mean business

• No you look approachable.

• You are very pretty, but, it seems apparent you do not like having your photo taken

• That's true actually lol... maybe the scowl was more to do with that. But it seems I look unhappy most of the time without realising it :/

• Always an honour talking with such an English rose

• You're so sweet... :)

• you got a bit of a stale facial expression try and smile more

• It seems I'll have to try to :/ *sighs* Thanks for your honesty :)

• It's called resting bitchy face. I can see it.

• Haha oh you can? :/ oh dear... *sighs*

• Lol, I've had people say 'smile, it won't hurt' and it's not that I feel crap, it's just my normal face looks crap o. O can't win lol. Aw, cheers :)

• I feel your pain sister.

• not at all, you have really beautiful and delicate features. it would help if you smiled though.

• You look kinda dominating.. You kno like a leader or head of a dept. Or something. ;)

• Oh dear.. lol. I'm about as dominating as a doormat so clearly my face is giving off all the wrong messages! :S

• May be this is only fr this pic... Nothing harm in some smiling. Ur serious look add more hard status on you. But else u r pretty :)

• Aw, thank you :)

• Baby you look incredible.

• You don't really look that hard faced.

• Little bit.

• yeah you look :) you are best

• A little bit, but your body more than makes up for it!

• Lol aw thanks so much... :) made me smile :)

• LOL! Octopus hands? Too funny!

• Not funny when you're on the receiving end lol!

• I don't think you look mean but not necessarily happy either. I guess i can see their point a little about looking like you mean business. but it's subtle.

I get an entirely different impression from your profile pic though where you're smiling a bit. you look more friendly and approachable.

• Hey, thanks for your comment :) Definitely, I look much more friendly and alive when I'm smiling, even just a bit. I wish I looked a little less imposing when I don't smile though... feel a bit self conscious about it now! :/ Glad it's subtle though and not too hard boiled...

• yeah it's subtle. you don't look like a bitch or mean so i wouldn't be to self conscious about it.

Stating previous opinions in your question may have made the answers bias. If you didn't say previous opinions I wonder if i would've though the same and may have thought nothing of it.

• Glad I don't look mean or too much of an asshole! :)

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 11

• You look pretty faced :O

I don't know what they mean by hard-faced? You look kind of tough I guess, I think you could own me in a fight, but you have gentle features! You have a button nose and high cheekbones. You look like melted butter when you smile in your profile pic :P I wouldn't take that comment to heart!

• Aww thank you @LauraMarx :) hard faced as in bitch faced :P I'd agree about looking a bit tough... I seem to manage to look like I want a fight with everyone when I don't mean to *sighs* Thanks for the sweet words!

• Lol we should do a trade for a while... I'll look nice and kind like you, and you can try out my 'gimme all you got' face to take on the capitalists :P

• :D :D I like this idea

• It's because your not smiling in that pic. Some people seem upset/angry when they're not smiling. I've seen pics that were taken without me being aware of that and I noticed I looked grumpy, I mean, really xD lmao. I asked myself "damn, is this what I look like when I'm with my normal face?"
    So just smile and you'll look a nice friendly person like I'm sure you are (:

• Yeah I know what you mean lol... it's just, if I'm concentrating or just looking serious, it comes across all wrong! :/ I'll have to make the effort to smile more so people remember I'm not an ax murderer :) Thanks for your comment! :)

• Lol, I honestly think you don't need to worry. It's not like people would actually think you're a angry person or something. I doubt anyone has given up of be friends/approach you because of that, probably these thoughts you have of you being "hard faced" not even cross their minds.
      And you're welcome (:

• Lol. Depends with pic you take. On your avatar pic, you don't look hard at all, you have a very sweety smile. But on your other profile pic, you look very serious even a little tpuch of a killer look ;-) So it depends which of the two you use the most. You can exercise improving the first one (although the second teases me also little bit ;-) )

• Thanks @Climber :) serious seems to be just how I generally look lol... It's all about the tease haha :P How are you btw?

• I think they meant you look stern

• you have such a cute bod!

you do look serious but i think its because you don't have a lot of babyfat on your face. i wouldn't think you were unapproachable though.

• Haha babyfat.. that made me giggle lol :) I think you're right though, from some angles I look a bit angular in the face so maybe that makes me look harder... Good that I don't look unapproachable though :) Thanks for the compliment btw! :)

• You look a little serious. But you are SO pretty!!!

• Thanks :D that was a lovely comment... I can be quite serious but it worries me now that I look like a bitch :/

• Lol it really does though... it won't behave! o. O Smiles all round it is then :D :D

• Lol! You're really funny 😂😂😃
      Yup! :-) :-)

• Not really. You just look confused lol

• You look a little too serious. But I'm sure that's normal.
    I have the same look as well.

• Ah someone in the same boat :) Yeah it is my normal face so can't really help it but people read a bit too much into it lol...

• I know what you mean. My friends always ask me why I always look so mad when I'm walking somewhere and I'm just like what are you talking about lol.

• Lol I can so empathise there... o. O people say 'cheer up' and I'm like, I'm happy ffs lol!!

• Pretty face! You'd look so much prettier if you smiled :))

• You are very pretty!

• And I would not stay that you necessarily look hard faced, but you seem over-analytic. Which there is nothing wrong with

• Wow ! Very pretty

• Thank you... :) Not angry looking then lol?

• I agree with everything Anonymous said :)

• Thank you @Anon1999 that's really sweet :)