Am I ugly (please be honest)?

I've had really low self confidence for the past few years, but it's gotten a lot worse lately. I just feel like I look really ugly no matter what I try to do. I've tried to wear makeup, but I just end up looking really old with it. My mom and friends say that I "look fine", but I think that they're just saying that to make me feel better, so I'd like to know what strangers think.

Sorry I look really bad and awkward in the pic...I never really take selfies so it's just uncomfortable for me.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/302nwqt.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a working link

http://i59.tinypic.com/302nwqt.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're beautiful but honestly, I hate seeing young girls come on here and ask about their appearance when it's so painfully obvious that they have a low self-esteem and no confidence.

Subjecting yourself to the opinions of others online is really not going to help anything. Yes, it's nice to receive compliments but if you get any negative comments, that's only going to further tear your self-esteem down. Instead of looking for validation from other people, why not just work on being happy with yourself? Your opinion of yourself is the ONLY opinion that truly matters.

• I couldn't have said it better HoneyBee!!! I fear for my two daughters future with all this social media and sexual exploitation that goes on now.

• @Polswedgirl haha that's okay! It's true so maybe the more people who say it, the more it will be re-enforced in girls' minds :)

• Yeah I hope so :)

What Guys Said 35

• Whoever the bloody cunt was that said you're ugly , I'm gonna explain to him/her why he/she's wrong over a cup of tea and short bread.

• Whoever the bloody cunt was that downvoted you , I'm gonna explain to him/her why he/she's wrong over a cup of tea and short bread.

• nah you're not ugly. honest.

• You aren't ugly. And you'd look quite better with a smile and maybe some eyeliner or something... but no, you aren't ugly.

• avg, i think the face you are making is weird...
    you have the potential to look much better! just smile with your teeth and look at thecamera like its a naked george clooney in your bedroom!

• I know >_<

I did try to smile with my teeth showing but it just looked even worse

• I know... it's just awkward with the camera there lol

• i hate taking selfies and photos i feel you!
      dont worry you are not ugly!
      just smile and be happy and dudes will like you!

• link doesn't work 2 me again basically... ahhhhh...

• Based on this numbering system: http://i.imgur.com/Y7Nmx.jpg
    I'd say you're a 6.5, maybe 7 if you have a good smile.

• who ever took the time to create this system! wtf

• ikr? I think they're a little extreme with the cutoff. I think it should be like a percentile. There's no way that 1 in 5 random girls are a 1 or 2. Maybe 1 in 100.

• Why would you ever think you are ugly? You are very natural, which is the most attractive quality a girl can have. I would just love to see you smile! Now, there we'd have something!

• You're not very photogenic, but you look like you'd look fine in a social setting, laughing and having a good time instead of thinking about the camera.

• You look really cute in that pic. Though I admit you look a little bored there too, but doesn't interfere with you been cute

• Thanks :3 ... and yeah I probably was bored (I usually am :p)

• No Hun your not ugly your cute

• After viewing the pic u providef , your not ugly. I Think you look really cute.. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?

• You have nothing to fear, you are beautiful and attractive. You are very sexy. I am a single Man looking for a beautiful lady to spend my life with. I have no reason to lie to you. So my your day become brighter and your heart fill with love and and laughter. I wish you success in everything you do.

• You look unhappy, but you shouldn't because you're very beautiful.

• I'm just really uncomfortable... like I said I never really take selfies. Thank you though :)

• You actually seem to be someone nice to be around.

• No you are not ugly

• I wouldn't put you in the ugly category but at the same time you're not a head turner.

• No you are not ugly.. You just need to smile with your eyes smiling along with it.

• Not at all

• No you're not ugly at all

• You're really cute, dont worry about it.

• Averageeee

• Ugly No Way , I can't give U that & make it that easy on U. That's what U want us to tell U. Now just average looking YES , Now if U would bother to actually Smile & act like U'r happy & put something on more revealing & could be even Pretty !!!

• Not ugly at all !

• Send the link again

• You are not ugly...
    Just give a good smile... !!

• not at all, you're kinda cute actually

• Not inoguiltycent!

• You're gorgeous.

• No, you are not. But honestly, I think you have some space to improve your hairstyle.

• I know my hair's pretty bad looking, I've been having trouble with it for a while now. -_-

• You look so cute. I like your innocent face.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 13

• Allow me to be the practical voice of logic for why you look fine as hell.

A. Damn girl, what I would give for your skin.

B. All of your features are balanced and symmetrical. No, seriously, this means that even when you do age, your face will still look charming and age with grace instead of you trying to compensate for a weird eyebrow that turns into a drooping eye, etc etc - make up is nice, it's great for temporary pain like acne, but unless you're willing to spend an hour in the mirror and hundreds on cosmetics, it's only gonna go so far.

C. The proportions on your face are GREAT. If you do want to do make-up, you don't have to worry about looking ridiculous by adding just a little everywhere - it's ok to have a light eyeshadow, mascara AND a nice lip gloss. Your face isn't crowded but you also don't have one feature that looks like the smelly kid of the class by the distance it has from everything else.

D. Your face is friendly. I know you're not happy in this photo, but you don't look like you're ready to rip off anyone's delicate appendages, either. At rest, you seem approachable and open, even when not the happiest. That pays off, even when it get people you don't know talking to you at times you'd rather be alone.

• Wow. Move aside guys, I'm gonna give my opinion... :D

Anonymous, Throw out the word ugly from your dictionary - it's an ugly word to use lol...

When I clicked the link, and saw your 'selfie' portrait photo, I was truly captured by the natural beauty you honestly possess and I think you deserve some encouraging words of praise: let me give you my "elevator pitch".

I'm going to say: you show peace and calm in your eyes. You would be generous, be a little shy and quiet but be prepared to have a friendly glowing spark about you that would make a person melt if it was in the way of romance. You look like a trustworthy person worth sharing deep thoughts and secrets with and you seem to show warmth and inner beauty. I'm sure with either make up or no make up, you will light up a whole room, and be the equivalent to Cinderella who can be both down to earth and stunning with a big heart, who can capture the crowd in your presence and simply delight and please others very easily. A glowing smile is anyone's best asset, because without a friendly smile leaves not much else to make you stand out. Smile and the whole world will wonder what you are up to :)

• Even if we all did say your a 10/10 and the next VS model, your self esteem wouldn't get any better. Because, in the end of the day you'll not remember our comments, what matters is what YOU think about yourself. People tend to remember negative comments more than positive ones actually...

You're a pretty girl, you have symmetrical facial features, but that doesn't even matter. I'm sure your intelligent and kind, and one day you'll love yourself. Don't let anyone take you down. You should take more selfies, and practice more on accepting yourself as the sweet and beautiful girl you are. Our opinions doesn't really matter, YOURS do. Give yourself some love, you deserve it.

• no you're a cutie. you're still young but girl i am jealous of your flawless skin! everyone feels ugly from time to time but i think its in your head. you're a cutie!

• You're definitely not ugly

• You are not ugly. Youd look great with the right styling and make up. You have lots of potential.

• You're beautiful with no makeup. You just look morose. Cheer up :) you're pretty

• You look pretty but a little tired tbh. Still a lot prettier than what I look though

• You're not ugly at all! If your self-confidence is low then try using some make up but in my opinion you don't even need it. You look cute ;)

• No you look like "the average Jane" or your everday person.

• You're adorable. You're lucky to have such nice skin, no acne! I'm jealous...

• I think you are a nice looking girl. You're biggest problem is not your physical looks as you are quite pretty but it is your esteem. You need to stop telling yourself you are ugly and beating yourself up. Start focusing on everything that is good about yourself, make sure you do things you love and feel happy doing, and start learning to love yourself because you are a great person! Once you start feeling great on the inside you will project a much more positive energy which is really attractive that will compliment your physical attributes. I think you are more than just "look fine".

• Honestly your pretty in my opinion. You have a natural beauty!