Too insecure to wear shorts?

I'm like really overweight and all the girls are starting to wear shorts at school. My friend just asked me to wear shorts with her tomorrow but I feel like I look way too fat in them. I'm really insecure about my body and showing my legs. I feel like they're really chubby and I have really big calfs. I also really want to loose weight but that's not going great. I play softball so that helps a little. But the main thing is, I'm very insecure about my body and wearing shorts. Any advice or help would be appreciated. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Wear whatever you want!! i am 15 and weigh 181 lbs! And I have really big thighs and I wear shorts, or whatever I want and you should too!! If people think badly of you Fuck them you dont need to be around them!! You only get 1 chance to live this life!! Live it right!!!

• Thank you so much!

• You are welcome!!! I want to lead the life God has given me!! And I want to be an example for others!!

What Guys Said 4

• Me too, small calves...

• I highly doubt anyone will care or think badly of you. But if you are still insecure, maybe you could wear leggings under shorts? I mean, that can be really cute and stylish, so you could jut do that if it bothers you so much (at least until you lose the weight that you are hoping go lose).

I honestly don't think you need to wear leggings, but if it bothers you it'd be a pretty easy solution.

• Either don't wear shorts or put in the word to lose weight and body fat.

Doesn't get much more simple or straightforward than that. If you have a problem, fix it.

• They probably really shouldn't be wearing shorts in school. I don't know, maybe that's because I grew in a conservative household when it comes to clothing

What Girls Said 5

• I hate shorts when I have extra weighting me or even when I have a thigh gap- I still feel I look bad in them. I only wore shorts for work outs if it was really hot.

That is my comfort zone and preference, damn everyone else! ;P

• You don't have to wear them just because your friend asked you to, wear what makes you comfortable, but if you want to wear them, don't care about what others say, everyone has something said about them no matter how "chubby" or "skinny" they are. You can fake confidence until you make it, if you look confident they would actually believe you are confident

• What everyone else thinks is overweight and what you think is overweight could be very different. Nothing wrong with some curves as long as you are healthy.

• Wear the shorts! If you wear shorts to bed or at home then wear them at school too! If you REALLY feel insecure you shouldn't make your self feel uncomfortable. You should feel happy and be yourself where ever you go. (I don't know if you are) but if you are worried about what other people think, just forget about them! Other peoples opinions should be nothing to you. There was this girl who went to my school and she was maybe 200? A little less? I forgot but she would wear shorts and leggings and tight clothes and anything she wanted to wear. Like I said, if you really really really don't want to then don't, but don't let yourself think that you can't wear shorts at school just because you think your overweight.

• Wear what makes you happy rather than what makes you insecure

• Thank you but I don't feel happy and confident wearing them. Otherwise I would wear them.

• So don't wear them asker, that's what she's getting at.