Guys, should I avoid bikinis & shorts?

Guys, should I avoid bikinis & shorts?

Alright guys, my body shape is a mix between these two girls. I didn't used to feel insecure about it until recently. I've had multiple people tell me that I'm fat and that I should cover myself up until I lose all the weight I'm carrying. I never thought of myself as fat, but I keep getting the faces and comments directed towards my weight. Is this true, am I fat, should I avoid bikinis and shorts this summer or is it okay for me to wear them? Be honest, thanks!

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Both of those bodies would be fine in shorts and/or bikinis. Those body types will appeal to a LOT of guys. The only ones that will make a fuss about it will be the people that are really insecure about themselves, regardless of their own personal size.

Advertising in society is designed to make people ashamed of their body shape. It's by design. Doesn't matter how you look, there will be advertising telling you to make it look different. People purchase a lot more things if they are unhappy with themselves. People that are content and happy make crappy customers. So advertising is just hammering at people that they shouldn't be happy with the shape they are. Ignore it. Guys that listen to themselves and not to commercials will love your shape if you fall between those two pictures.

What Guys Said 18

• No, I dont' think so.

Some guys will like your shape, some will be like 'meh', some will think you're too big.

Covering up more won't change that. Might as well wear what you like and give the guys who are attracted a thrill.

• If your body is like upper one then go for it and if it's like lower one then skip it.

I recommend you to skip it this year because as you mentioned, a lot of people passed comments on your body so, I doubt they will do it again and make you to lose self confidence.

This year try to lose some weight and I think if you managed to lose some, you'd go for bikini this year.

Good luck :)

• Heck no, if you like them, wear them. It's not a fat body, yes, it's a little chubby, but it's still good, actually I find those two women's body attractive.
    So no, don't avoid shorts or bikinis.

• I think you should wear bikinis and shorts if you want to. Just because you're a plus-size girl doesn't mean you can't wear those things.

• Those girls don't seem that big - Wear whatever you feel comfortable in and don't care what other people think - Very old and wise saying if you feel beautiful on inside, you will look beautiful on the outside.

• Just sounds like a lot of hatin to me.

If you are a mix between those two examples, then it should be a crime for you NOT to wear bikinis and shorts.

• There's nothing wrong with your body shape, I think it's hot. Where all the bikinis and shorts you want. You're body shape is what I define as curvy.

• Absolutely fine for you to wear them, if it's what you want to wear and you feel comfortable. That should be the only consideration. You shouldn't feel responsible for anybody else's problem with what you wear.

Having said that, there may be health issues involved with being overweight, but that is a different matter and completely separate from what you are asking.

• Definitely where shorts, where the bikini if you feel comfortable, I would check out both those girls if they where in bikinis.

• You can always lose weight

• depends on your tummy... I'd say shorts are fine and maybe even bikini with a t shirt on would look great... You have a great body if you could just tone your tummy a bit

• I would just stick away from super tight shorts if they grab you a bit too tight and have skin rolling over it.

• Why not just post a pic of you in a bikini to get a true opinion?

• Just lose some weight n then wear... For show off... !!

• You are NOT fat. I like that body type ;-)

• men love curvy , dog love bones

• No no not at all A little meat can be sexy to a lot of us males :)

• I'm a man who loves curvy women. A lot of men do. Just if you feel comfortable then go for it