Am I single because of looks or shyness?

I'm almost 18 but I've never been asked out before and it's made me self conscious. Yesterday two guys were staring at me and I got really uncomfortable bc I didn't know if it was bc I look ugly or strange, also I've had a crush on one of the guys for like a year. Am I single bc people don't find me attractive or is it because I don't put myself out there? Is it just that I'm ugly? I'm looking for unbiased opinions

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• *sigh* ok I know what your talking about. Looks is never a concern. Don't worry what other people are thinking of you, there are more then a million people in this world vs the 2 guys you said that make you uncomfortable. If you need my opinion I would suggest to stop thinking about what you look like and start being open with people. If you don't like it when people stare at you then just ignore them or, what i would do, walk up to them and ask them why they were looking at your and what they where thinking.

There is an old motto that someone people use. "It does not matter what you look like, its the inside that counts." or something like that ok?

Stay positive and walk forward.

Have a good day :)

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...om-add-text%201_6.gif Probably your "shyness" BECAUSE unless a guy is shameless/persistent like me. THEY aren't going to have the time and or patience to get to know you ^_^. Most girls want obvious red light/interest shown not to be like thinking "I wonder what she thinks about me" Hmmm?

• sorry to say this but it is mostly because you are not attractive. I am ugly too and no one even gives a fucking shit about me... being ugly sucks...

• You look fine to me. It's most definitely the shyness.

• You're a very beautiful young lady so it isn't that.

• I can't really say anything about your personality. Based on your picture, you do have unusual features that many would not find attractive. So your looks are a major reason, and the shyness you claim to have would not help either.

• I would blame it on your looks.

• It's 100% your shyness

What Girls Said 4

• You are not ugly. That's all we can say without knowing you. but I can say this you probably project an aura of low self confidence and that is not appealing. You are young enough and have time to address the issues that keep you from a healthy dating life

• Unfortunately, being shy can really mess up your chances of getting into many relationships, especially while you're young.. Being completely honest with you though, I dont think you're the least bit ugly. Keep your head up. The right guy will come along at the right moment

• I would say your looks combined with shyness is preventing guys asking you out. Also you look sad and unwelcoming in your picture, that will not help guys to come talk to you. Smile, an use your personality to get a guy :D

• neither. it's not your fault. all black guys are gay in the closet.

• It's why they don't want to smile in photos

• do you realize how many straight and gay men are escorting in gay websites? almost all the guys in there are for sales. almost all black guys in the gay dating website with their dick or ass photo or poses, all they are there for money. I realized that long time ago. In fact men are real whores. they are crazy whores.