How can no one have said anything?

I'm 4 months pregnant, I've noticed that my stomach is getting more round/it's started to. But I would think that people would notice the changes me and my body are going through with this baby developing inside of me. I'm normally chubby so of course it's different.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was raised that it's impolite to mention another's weight. So most people are probably just being polite as they don't realize it's a baby.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe they're afraid because what if you're not pregnant. That would mean they think you're getting fat. They don't wanna say that to you. So it's best for them to keep their mouth shut.

• That's what it could be?

• maybe they don't want 2 sound indiscreet?

• The worst thing a person can say to a woman who is not pregnant is to say she looks pregnant. I don't comment unless I know for sure.

• For them to hear about the confirmation at the doctor?

• for me I would take the word of the woman, her friends or family. I just would not want to make a mistake and basically call a woman fat.

• Aw so it's about being polite

• Here we go again, every girl just wants more and more attention drawn to her. you answered your own question, you're chubby, people just think you got chubbier.

What Girls Said 4

• ok well maybe no one cares.

• They may assume you have gained weight or want to mind their own business.

• Is that bad?

• It's not bad if you seem like a private person who does not want to share what is going on with your life.

• Maybe they're afraid to assume you're pregnant. Some women who are naturally chubby sometimes look as if they're preggers, when they really aren't. So maybe that's why no one has said anything.

• Not showing much compared to pre pregnancy?

• Not quite sure how to answer that. :/
      If no one knows that you're pregnant, then they're not going to say anything.

• Maybe people don't want to say anything in case they don't want to be calling you fat.

• Could be calling me fat?

• Yeah, people should start noticing soon. I think it's just got more to do with people being polite and not wanting to ask if you're pregnant. I remember once, when I put on a lot of weight a few years ago. Someone asked me if I was pregnant, and I said no I'm just fat. Their face dropped and they were so embarrassed lol

• Soon? That's not bad, is it? And so it's crazy if someone asks. But earlier this morning, we were taking the city bus and one of the girls I work with mentioned something about her weight. Then I said "well, I can't lose weight." Then my job coach said "are you pregnant?" I was like wow. I didn't wanna get there at this time.