School rules... what :/ ?

So at my school we have a rule that says we can't wear any other jewlary except for earings. We also have another rule about not wearing nail polish and i dont know why we have these rules, my school tells us to be us and express ourselves but if we wear certain things or design ourselves a certain way (e. g hair, make-up, nails etc) they tell us to take it off. I just don't understand why they have this rule can someoe tell me why please.

Most Helpful Guy

• They allow the illusion that you are free to express your self in an attempt to maintain peace and harmony / this control. It a farce and a fake out to tell you to express your self and be your own person yet punish you if you do it. What a load of fertilizer

What Guys Said 5

• There is always that one person that pushes things way too far and ruins it for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things. For example, if jewelry was allowed once, someone came in with a nose ring, lip piercing, belly ring, and piercings on other unhealthy areas. I'm guessing that was the case in your school's past.

Funny thing is, my school did have a prom once but did away with it a few years before I entered it. They canceled it since people were renting beach houses after and stayed there overnight with no parental supervision.

• I'd assuming it's the same reason why you would be asked to where a suit to work. When you are in your uniform, you are the face of your school, you are representing them, just like you would be representing the business you work for. The school needs to attract parents in order to get students enrolled, but if all there students are dressed in, for an example, a "slutty" way, that isn't the environment parents would want to send their daughters to for instance.

• Fuck that id wear all my chains everyday all day just to piss them off lol

• There was probably a student or students that pushed the limits of jewelry and nail polish to the extreme, so the school only always a certain things as precaution.
    Don't let it get to you. At least you can wear jewelry after school.

• At my school we all wear the same uniforms. Same haircuts. No polish, jewelry, hair extensions, facial hair, unnatural hair colours. Only certain types of shoes. No cellphones... unless you want to pay to get it back. Yes they have metal detectors. Why are you complaining again?

• Some schools won't allow females to attend if they're menstruating even though it's a perfectly normal bodily function. Some schools don't have any educational resources, such as textbooks and technological resources. Some schools value their athletic program so much that they will neglect buying textbooks and classroom resources and other programs such as art and music to fund sports, and will let athletes get away with as much as sexually assaulting another student. Some children aren't even allowed to attend school. Why are you complaining?

• I wasn't complaining, just saying. I'm quite happy here at my school. My school doesn't have computers lab equipment and stuff either. Schools are supposed to have textbooks? If you want it you'd better buy it yourself. Yeah we don't have art or music either.

What Girls Said 4

• I have the same problem. I wore lipstick today at school and got yelled at by the principal to wash it off. LIPSTICK😡

• I believe these kind of things are good. I mean nobody can steal your belongings. And u are in school to study, learn u can express yourelf in your free time. And by the way uniforms are great i think they destroy the difference between the poor and the rich. Sure you have to pay for the uniform, yet u dont need other clothes.

• Every school has their rules. Some are just more strict than others. Maybe they feel that nail polish and certain jewlery are too old for children and young teens.

• Schools establish rules for promoting good student behavior, disciplining bad behavior and ensuring a safe environment. Like other institutions in societies, ...