I'm insecure about my height. Is 5'5 ft (166 cm) a good height for a girl?

I'm insecure about my height. Is 5'5 ft (166 cm) a good height for a girl or is it way too short :( ?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are above average globally and also taller than the average woman in your country which is 161.3 cm. I don't know why are you concerned. Being a girl having medium height will open up wide array of options of partners as men prefer shorter girls than them. And you're not even "way too short" as I said, a bit above average. Be confident, proud and stay happy stella :)

What Guys Said 53

• It's perfect, don't worry.

Short girls are a lot more attractive and are a lot more feminine most times.

besides even if you're insecure (which you shouldn't be) high heels can help you out a little.

You may have a much broader spectrum of looking for well suited physical partners (where things won't be awkward with height and stuff) not that height is a huge aspect of determining a couple's relationship.

• You have more than a mental problem, if this is your photo and you are complaining you life must be crap. You were born perfect and the photo proves it and with this beauty you pick it apart. How do you think God feels when you complain about the one of a kind master peice he created in you, not being called perfect by a small minded ibb.

Sad that you think you have a problem.

• You'll generally find that men like the opposite of what you like. Girls like tall whilst men like short. You think tall men go with short woman just for a woman's sake? It's opposites attract

• you are fucking perfect, ideal height for me. And I'm 6 ft 2

• Do you want to be shorter or taller?

• guys aren't as critical of girls height as girls are of guys.

5'5 is fine

• Let's see some pix for an accurate assessment, but, in general no that is absolutely nothing to be insecure about. I've dated girls as short as 5'1" and I'm 6'2"

5'5" is a great height. Short girls are adorable.

• Perfectly OK

• It seems about average height to me.

• I am 5' 8", and in my experience 5' 5" is really ideal for a partner. Just a few inches shorter, but not too much.

• 5'5" is a perfectly fine height for a women, unless you're planning on playing competitive basketball. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

• That's a good height, not sure what there is to be insecure about. Guys want the girl to be shorter so it means you have more options! Haha jk, but its a good average height!

• Isn't that about average?

Guys don't place as much emphasis on height as girls do so don't worry about it.

• Height is irrelevant in my view.
    But just to give you an idea there is a "Cute" culture swarming through some parts of the world now and most of those idols have (155 - 170 cm) height range.

• I think your height sounds pretty good and pretty much normal :D :p

• It is neither good nor bad.

I have a friend who is 5'5,5''
    He is 55 years old
    His Shoe? Size 5.
    He makes $55,555.55 a year
    He has 2 kids, twins aged 5
    He has 5 fingers on each hand, 5 toes on each foot
    His Favorite drink is Five Alive
    and, he likes to give people High Fives

He is doing fine so i suspect you will as well :)

• That's not short for a girl!!!

• I am 5'4...

Girlll, you got no reason to be insecure. That's average for females.

• That's the great thing about being a girl. Some men find tall women attractive. Some men find short women attractive. It doesn't matter which one you are. Sadly, no one likes a short guy (and I would know) .

• Yes, even just a tad tall.

• It's the perfect hight in my opinion

• If you consider that short for a girl then I am border line midget... no your not short but you make me feel insecure just asking?

• 5'5" Is a great height. Both of my last girlfriends were around that height (5'4" and 5'5"). Its pretty much the best height now. You aren't very short (not that that's bad either)

• I prefer shorter girls but 5'5's good, most girls even at 5'5 won't date 5'7 guys like me though.

• Personally i love short girls, im 6'2 and never have dated anyone over 5'7, no need to be insecure take pride in it :)

• I would say that's a perfect height for a girl. I'm 6'1 and it's ideal.

• For me you are a perfect height

• Sigh...
    Another person who is taller than me.

• its oki👍👍

• You are fine, dont worry.

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 47

• Fishin for compliments... WHY would you be insecure about being 5'5. Why do you need validation from other people? Why not just rock that height (which is pretty average, might I add) with confidence and just be the best person you can be? Cheezy, I know, but who gives a f*** how tall you are?

What if you were 5'0? Would people be answering "Perfectly fine". Would you be even more insecure?

Being tall is cool and being short is cool, and everything in between. Fact is, you can't change it so why waste your time worrying about it or being insecure about it? You can change the color of your hair, the length of your hair, become more tan, less tan, lose weight, gain weight... but height isn't really somehthin you can change, so asking a bunch of strangers off the internet won't really help. Sorry if I sound like a b. I have a friend who's 5'1, super cute, dresses amazingly, and really well for her petite stature, and has such a huge personality that no one even notices how small she is, most of the time. because her personality is larger than life. And I know the opposite of really tall girls... and vice versa. I know short girls who love being short, bc it's cute and feminine, and tall girls who hate being tall, and vice versa.

If you rock 4 inch heels, you're 5'9. That's pretty tall. Plus, don't you like being shorter than most guys you date? I guess I can see you being insecure if all your friends are 5'11 models. If so, make more friends, ones who are normal.
    ha. jk. Well I'm half joking.
    peace

• I swear I'm not fishing for compliments

• Every height is good for a girl. Be yourself. What the others think is not important. Those who don't like you, will never become your real friend. So spend no energy in that.

• Yes! Personally, I want to be tall like Kendall Jenner's height, but thats probably too tall and I don't want to be taller than my boyfriend. I'm 5'4. But you're an average height, and thats a perfect height and a lot of guys probaby like girls 5'3-5'6.

• I don't think there is such a thing as a bad height... It's all how you wear it. Some people look proportionate at 4 feet others at 6 feet just depends if it suits you. Usually unless your growth was stunted or artificially engaged your height should suit you as it's part if your bodies design / plan:)

• Also for you as you say you're a Girly girl , shorter is better bc guys who like to feel " protective" (girly girls like feeling pampered and protected right?) will be drawn to 5ft5, and below. So they can feel big and tough by comparison and at your height you won't offer much competition unless you work out on purpose to be physically dominant. If that's you in the dress doesn't look like being muscle bound is your concern so you're in a good place for what you probably want. Models look hot in magazines but irl I don't think "manly" guys want six foot tall gfs they can pick up bc she's skinny but it's not as fun bc she's lanky and they don't look intimidating next to her. Your height is good for fragile egos.

• I get your point. The thing is I'm attracted to big guys over 6 feet tall and I'm worried they won't find me appealing because I'm way too short in comparison to them.
      Like you said girly girls love to feel protected. I would love to be in the arms of a big guy because I would feel protected.

• Yeah actually it's counterintuitive but turns out more guys over six feet and over go for girls 5 5 and under then not. Obviously there will be a few tall guys who like only tall girls but they are a minority.

:-)

I'm tallish -5 9- my bfs taller most of my girl friends are around your height and the ones who are not gay or single are, with bfs around my bfs height.

• I'm 5'4" and I love my height! We never really have to worry about being taller than a guy. Besides, so many girls are around 5'4" - 5'5"

• 5'5 is just below the average height for Caucasians, I'm not sure what race you are though, but that's a pretty average height over all so you shouldn't feel insecure. Even if you are slightly shorter than average, who cares? Be proud of who you are, screw guys who think 5'5 is "too short". There are plenty of guys out there who can appreciate your height. Plus, if height is the defining characteristic in a guys eyes that make or break a relationship you don't want to be with them anyhow.

• you are fine!! i am 5 foot 1 inches... on a good day.. with shoes on. haha! my aunt is 4 foot 11 inches. i am AS tall as my grandpa. so... you are 'tall' to us.

• I'm the same exact height and I don't like it either cause I'm neither short nor am I tall. So average.

• I'm 5-5" as well, don't think about it as being too short, because you can wear nice heels and still be an average height :)

• Short girls are good because when a guy looks down at them by a few inches you always get the best angle :P

• What? Homegirl, I am 5'6 and still shorter than girls around me. Your height... lol trust me, being that height is great. You're not too short & not too tall.

• Not sure why you're insecure? You're bang on average. I'm tall and I wish I've always wanted to be more average height so I didn't stand out like an awkward lanky sore thumb. The truth is; the grass always looks greener on the other side. But it's not. There are pros and cons for everything. Embrace what you've got

• Height has nothing to do with it. Guys usually like girls who are shorter than them. So don't worry about it.

• I don't know about Morocco but in the US 5'4 is about the average height for women. So over here you'd be considered neither short nor tall, just around average. Short over here is considered 5'3 and under.

• Your height is average. If you were a guy, I would understand why your height was a problem for you. But since you're a girl, you have no reason to be worried about it.

• I'm 5'1 you're fine.

• We are the same height:) I love being this height. I have a wider choice of guys and more versatility fashion wise, not to mention with hairstyles. I never HAVE to wear heels or flats. I wear whatever I want.

• Sweetie, I'm 5'5" (actually 165 cm so you're taller than me). It's the perfect height!

• You are the perfect height for heels and flats. I am five foot two and I an only wear heels :(... I waddle when I wear flats

• Not too short at all, you can wear whatever heels you want! And you usually don't have to bend down to kiss a guy. That's a perfect height!

• Im also 166 cm and its perfect. I can get the really tall guys and the cute small guys. Many of my friends are try tall and they hate it.

• Hey... I am 5.1... So compared to me you r tall but I understand ur problem coz I face it everyday... There is no point in becoming sad over it.. You can always use heels to enhance your height if you are going out with a tall person.. So don't be insecure.. Be happy and enjoy your life...

• Well, I'm at the age of 16,166-168 cm but I have bigger body figure, and that made me look shorter than I should, lol. Anyways, most girls are like..145 cm++ xD So you're okay :)

• That is perfectly normally , its actually the height of my sister and Im 5'3 rn but I still have time to grow. Most girls are around 5'3 to 5'7. I actually want to be 5'5 when I stop growing

• You're not short. 166 cm in totally fine!

• I'm 5'6 I'm taller than some of my friends and shorter than others. I'm fine with my height.

• I'm shorter then you your average. You have nothing to be insecure about.

• You're kidding me right

• 5'5 is considered the ideal and average height for a lady. I am 5'7 so we are not that off haha. But you are alright

• well im 5'5 too and im 14. some people tell me im tall and others tell me im short... so i have no clue. but usually guys tend to like shorter girls (from my experience). but ur are already perfect so it doesn't matter at all! :)

• More from Girls
    17